Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 06:34 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Cunningham had one game with more than 3 carries this season. I'd hardly call his grand total of 21 carries throughout the entire season a large enough sample size to make any sort of judgement on Cunningham or indictment on Gurley using them.

I could care less how many carries he had, the fact of the matter is he looked much better than Gurley when he got his chances.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Tough day for Find D but their DC remains hot. Of 6 HC openings, all but JAX requested an interview. He'll work Mon on end-of-season...

5:36 PM - 8 Jan 2017
Whew! Thanks for the update. For a second there I thought I was in a RB thread.

Quote:I could care less how many carries he had, the fact of the matter is he looked much better than Gurley when he got his chances.
2 carries he had 46 yards.  On the other 19 carries he had a total of 55 yards for the whole season.  You have said all i needed to hear from you in this discussion. You're lost as a puppy lol

Quote:Kinda like Yeldon? lol. This conversation is hilarious

Todd Gurley averaged 3.2 ypc this year, that's historically bad given the amount of times he carried the ball. To think "it's all on the offensive line" is nothing short of idiotic.

Quote:2 carries he had 46 yards. On the other 19 carries he had a total of 55 yards for the whole season. You have said all i needed to hear from you in this discussion. You're lost as a puppy lol

Nice logic, so you're removing long runs and explosive plays as a means to justify your position? That's comical, there's no need to argue with someone of your ignorance.

Quote:Todd Gurley averaged 3.2 ypc this year, that's historically bad given the amount of times he carried the ball. To think "it's all on the offensive line" is nothing short of idiotic.
Have you watched any Rams games this year?  Whoever they play stacks the box with at least 8 guys with no fear of the Rams throwing the football.

Quote:We'll see. When draft season rolls around and the draftnicks start doing their grades I think you're going to be shocked on how close the top of the draft class is in terms of grades.
I'm sure I won't be, because they are close, but you are wrong that they are not elite. Garrett is much closer to the rest of these guys than YOU are thinking, which is no knock on Garrett, just shows how talented Allen, Hooker, Adams, and Cook are.

Quote:its clear you havent seen much of LF
Just like I "didn't see much of" Fowler and Hargreaves huh.

Quote:Bingo, he's Todd Gurley 2.0. Those type of backs don't create yards, they get what's blocked for them.
Yep. If we had the best line in the league maybe he'd be worth taking, but even then that's only if Cook were alrady gone seeing as he can break as many tackles as Fournette but has much better vision.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Oh Did this turn into a Running backs coach thread?

Kennedy Pola available?

Quote:Have you watched any Rams games this year?  Whoever they play stacks the box with at least 8 guys with no fear of the Rams throwing the football.

Here's as fun stat for you, you're choosing to remove both of Cunningham's (who I don't think is a good player) 20+ yard runs as a means to justify your position, but the irony is Cunningham had 2 runs of 20+ yards on only 20 carries, while Gurley had 2 runs of 20+ yards on 278 carries, hahaha. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Quote:Here's as fun stat for you, you're choosing to remove both of Cunningham's (who I don't think is a good player) 20+ yard runs as a means to justify your position, but the irony is Cunningham had 2 runs of 20+ yards on only 20 carries, while Gurley had 2 runs of 20+ yards on 278 carries, hahaha. That should tell you everything you need to know.
Randell?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Here's as fun stat for you, you're choosing to remove both of Cunningham's (who I don't think is a good player) 20+ yard runs as a means to justify your position, but the irony is Cunningham had 2 runs of 20+ yards on only 20 carries, while Gurley had 2 runs of 20+ yards on 278 carries, hahaha. That should tell you everything you need to know.
That tells me the Rams stacked the box and the defensive game plan every time was to stop Guryley.  When you watched any Rams game thats exactly what the other team did with no worries of the Rams QB throwing the football

For anyone looking for hc news?   Absolutely no info yet.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:For anyone looking for hc news? Absolutely no info yet.
Thanks

Todd Gurley has had games this season where he actually had more rushing yards after contact than total rushing yards. Let that sink in. The Rams give up penetration and by the time Gurley attempts to make that guy miss, the play is blown up and he has half a defense swarmed on him.

Quote:Todd Gurley has had games this season where he actually had more rushing yards after contact than total rushing yards. Let that sink in. The Rams give up penetration and by the time Gurley attempts to make that guy miss, the play is blown up and he has half a defense swarmed on him.
The funniest thing out of all this is he thinks Yeldon is a good back but Gurley isn't lol.  Comical 

Troy Renck – Verified account ‏@TroyRenck

You will ask why is Joseph a candidate. Bc of leadership. Ability to oversee operation and delegate. Same as with Toub. @DenverChannel

10:48 AM - 8 Jan 2017

Quote:Why is Vance Joseph a candidate ? His defense is ranked 29th. (Not for us. Just in general.)

Good point. Besides, if we do interview one of the WC coaches, I'm thinking it will be an offensive guy which would seem to rule out Vance Joseph and Terly Austin in favor of Todd Haley and Jim Bob Cooter.

'02

Your oline has to be passable at run blocking for things to work, they dont have to be Dallas.

David Johnson is destroying the league with a passable line. Its not like an elite back is just null if things arent perfect.

Quote:I could care less how many carries he had, the fact of the matter is he looked much better than Gurley when he got his chances.
So I guess Corey Grant is one of the best RB's in the NFL

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 07:31 PM by trunt87.)

Yes Cunningham is clearly the better running back.  He is so much better and respected by that organization, that they have given him a whopping 171 carries over a 4 year span. 

lol