Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Jamal Adams occasionally played single high FS in college,wasn't great at it but he has been back there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jamal Adams makes more sense than Hooker with Gip.

Well the one advantage to getting Smith early is OC McCoy since he's drawn a lot of interest.

Quote:Jamal Adams occasionally played single high FS in college,wasn't great at it but he has been back there.
Yeah, Adams is an all around safety. Very solid in coverage, good in the box, big hitter, ballhawk. He's really everything you could want. Would be an ideal pairing next to Gip.

you dont pass on Malik Hooker for Tashaun Gipson.

Quote:Well the one advantage to getting Smith early is OC McCoy since he's drawn a lot of interest.
Not just McCoy, but all the OC's out on the open market. 

I'm hoping we get this done asap so we can get it assembled. I'm hoping for McCoy but you have to realize he's going to be sought after big time. Hopefully with Smith being a defensive mind its a fit because he'd run the offense all by himself. 

Wasn't McCoy OC in Denver with McDaneils though? Who knows...

Quote:you dont pass on Malik Hooker for Tashaun Gipson.
No one is saying that Gipson is better or as good as Hooker, but Jamal Adams is right there with Hooker as a safety prospect. Gipson is WAY better than Cyp, and Cyp falls out of favor in this defense. So what, you want to spend #4 overall to replace a solid FS that likely improves in a different defense? If anything, don't go safety at all then in round 1.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 12:01 AM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Yeah, Adams is an all around safety. Very solid in coverage, good in the box, big hitter, ballhawk. He's really everything you could want. Would be an ideal pairing next to Gip.

I like Gip but I just wouldnt want to pass up on Hooker just cuz we have Gip, Hooker just has that it factor can make game changing plays out of nowhere 

Quote:No one is saying that Gipson is better or as good as Hooker, but Jamal Adams is right there with Hooker as a safety prospect. Gipson is WAY better than Cyp, and Cyp falls out of favor in this defense. So what, you want to spend #4 overall to replace a solid FS that likely improves in a different defense? If anything, don't go safety at all then in round 1.

If Allen and Garret are gone yes go safety 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 12:02 AM by jobclarke.)

Does anyone know how Duffner runs his defense? Has he ever done it before?

Quote:?

Having two play making safeties is bad umm ok

Mike Smith defense is a cover two, the safeties play deep
Moving Gipson to strong safety is [BLEEP]. Gipson should never be playing close to the LOS period. If we let Cyp walk we should draft Jamal Adams unless we cut Gipson which isn't happening.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Does anyone know how Duffner runs his defense? Has he ever done it before?
Duffner was in Jacksonville for years and works under Smith now.

No, he hasn't ever been a DC, but he's pretty much just running what Smith wants if he comes here. Smith will own the defense. Duffner definitely knows Smith's defense.

Quote:No one is saying that Gipson is better or as good as Hooker, but Jamal Adams is right there with Hooker as a safety prospect. Gipson is WAY better than Cyp, and Cyp falls out of favor in this defense. So what, you want to spend #4 overall to replace a solid FS that likely improves in a different defense? If anything, don't go safety at all then in round 1.
I dont think Hooker is right there with Jamal. Hooker is unbelievable. So ill take a Tashaun "downgrade" for what he could be all day.

If Smith is the guy he's probably making his calls for coordinators already. How'd the bucs defense look this year?

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ZigFracassi'>Zig Fracassi<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ZigFracassi </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ZigFracassi/status/818289711454318592'>7m7 minutes ago</a>
</span>

<span style="font-size:18px;">Mark Dominik: No other coaching interviews for the <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png]</a>. They've honed in on their guy, w/a defensive background.
</span>

Disappointing better then Marrone but whatever.
No Fun

One thing about Smith is he knows how to get a team out of a bad situation. I won't be surprised if I hear Coughlin ends up being a special advisor to the team

Quote:If Smith is the guy he's probably making his calls for coordinators already. How'd the bucs defense look this year?

There was a rumor from ProFootballWeekly right after Gus got fired that Mike Smith thought he had the job in the bank and was already calling coaches and putting a staff together. Who knows if it's true, but it looks like Mike Smith may be the guy, so.....

Opinions are strictly my own.  I don't buy it.  Unless has facts it is just an opinion. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:One thing about Smith is he knows how to get a team out of a bad situation. I won't be surprised if I hear Coughlin ends up being a special advisor to the team

He also knows how to put his team into a bad situation with his ridiculously bad clock management, so hopefully he's learned from that.

Quote:I dont think Hooker is right there with Jamal. Hooker is unbelievable. So ill take a Tashaun "downgrade" for what he could be all day.

Well its a matter of opinions, I personally do. Most people have Jamal Adams as a top 8-10 player in this draft, some as high as top 5. There's no way Hooker is drastically better. Sure, he is a much better cover guy than Adams. But Adams is a much better all around guy. Hooker has some questions when it comes to tackling and most definitely isn't going to be a large help in the run game. Adams would provide a large help in the run game AND play very solid coverage.

Quote:If Smith is the guy he's probably making his calls for coordinators already. How'd the bucs defense look this year?
Bucs defense looked a lot better than it has in a long time. They had a stretch of several games where they allowed like either 20 or 16 points or less in games. They were the key to that big turnaround they made midseason and nearly made the playoffs because of it.

They looked awfully bad vs Cowboys.
No Fun