Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

I hope we can pull it off. But realistically we'll most likely be negotiating Mack's contract for the Browns.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@
ryanohalloran[/size] </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/452559754725179393'>7m</a>

League source estimated a Mack offer sheet would need to include "$22 million fully guaranteed over first 3 yrs of deal," to make Cleve pass

That doesn't seem like that high of a number to get Cleveland out of the mix.

Cleveland is cheap. The Jags could get him with a pretty reasonable deal.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Cleveland also runs the risk of paying a bunch this year and not getting Mack to sign a long term deal.  So, if the Jags front load the deal, CLE might not want to match since the payday for this year would be so high, with a possibility they still lose him next year.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Who was the other player to sign the transition tag this year? Was it Andrew Hawkins of the Bengals? And the Skins were able to steal him with a front loaded contract.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Who was the other player to sign the transition tag this year? Was it Andrew Hawkins of the Bengals? And the Skins were able to steal him with a front loaded contract.
Some LB for the Steelers IIRC

― Albert Camus

Quote:Who was the other player to sign the transition tag this year? Was it Andrew Hawkins of the Bengals? And the Skins were able to steal him with a front loaded contract.

Jason Worilds, but he signed his deal with Pittsburgh right away.

They took out all the tricks with transition tags, right?

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 05:51 PM by jtmoney.)

Well, we are making a play. Good to see. Hey where is TMD? He told me free agency was over...

This is the type of big money free agent signing that I don't mind.  I'm on board with not losing money to divas but rather investing in rock-solid foundation-type players.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Mack would be fantastic and I wouldn't care if we overpaid for him.

Browns stole him from the bengals

Quote:I hope we can pull it off. But realistically we'll most likely be negotiating Mack's contract for the Browns.

If the Browns wanted him so badly, why wouldn't they already have him?

It's at least worth a try to sign a top player on the oline if they match so what
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:They took out all the tricks with transition tags, right?
Yea, the so-called "poison pills."  I think Steve Hutchinson was the guy who ended up getting the ban on poison pills passed

― Albert Camus

Joeckel - Beadles - Mack - (?) - Pasztor (?)

Potentially a very good O-Line to protect our quarterback. I'd love to see us get Mack as that should solve the center position for a long time.

I thought this was about Khalil mack, but I am OK with Alex Mack too
No commercial messages in sigs

I hope we get him Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 06:12 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Response to Predator (quoting is not working :\)

At first I did too lol. I kind of gave up on the Alex Mack conversations and it didn't even cross my mind; but now I'm hoping we can beat out a Cleveland match. This would make my day!

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

YES PLEASE.

That's all.

Quote:Browns stole him from the bengals

That's it. Thanks