Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Mack

RG - draft pick

RT - Pasztor

*drool

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

if it was me, I would just pose an offer sheet of the maximum of what i thought he was worth, if you want to get mack you will have to overpay especially with the transition tag and i think fans understand that and also understand the reasons why extreme overpaying is not the answer in the long run

if mack is happy with that my sheet it is up to the browns to match it which they probably will.

Either way I come out smelling of roses

all the fans know I've gone after a star player, the player wanted to come here and that I did everything within reason to get him, The tag makes it very difficult to get value on a player and if the browns match it, it has an effect on their cap situation and costs me nothing

if they don't match it, i get a probowler at a price i was willing to pay

i feel thats win win

Quote:No point in hording money.  As people have mentioned in this thread, the cap is continuing to grow.  The big contracts signed now and in the past year (e.g. Flacco) are not going to seem nearly as large 5 years from now.

What will seem Large from Now within the next several years is players that played to an Exceptionable Level to whom the Jaguars would Love to retain... We MUST ensure that we take care of our own draft picks unlike Cleveland at this point...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Your talking Three Years Ago vs. the prescent...

We have updated the LT, RT and LG positions... We have Brewster to whom was an Elite center in college and an formidable LG in the NFL. All we need is an RG to solidify our OL... That's It... While depth is continiously key, I feel that our OL is on the verge of an breakthrough w/o Mack...

I say that we draft a couple of interior linemen and "Let the Competition Begin"...

NH3...

You're an enigma. As the internet goes, your grammar and syntax is pretty good, however you cannot quite grasp the whole "A vs An" thing. It hurts my eyes.

HIGH SCORE...

If a is following a vowel than use "an"

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM by NH3.)

Quote:You're an enigma. As the internet goes, your grammar and syntax is pretty good, however you cannot quite grasp the whole "A vs An" thing. It hurts my eyes.

HIGH SCORE...
Dawn Sun Glasses...

Silly Rabbit...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Aren't poison pill clauses still valid in these contracts? Jaguars offer $22m, with a $50m bonus each year which kicks in on the third game played in Cleveland each year. Kind of tricky for the Browns to match that...

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 03:32 PM by NH3.)

Quote:If a is following a vowel than use "an"
O Lord...

Here we Go Again...

Internet Spell Checkers...

NH3...
"AZANE"

If a is preceding a vowel than use An

thats an 30$ ticket

If you gonna correct people at least dont make yaself look stoopid.

Quote:If a is preceding a vowel than use An

If a is preceding a vowel <b>then </b>use An.  Smile

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Your talking Three Years Ago vs. the prescent...

We have updated the LT, RT and LG positions... We have Brewster to whom was an Elite center in college and an formidable LG in the NFL. All we need is an RG to solidify our OL... That's It... While depth is continiously key, I feel that our OL is on the verge of an breakthrough w/o Mack...

I say that we draft a couple of interior linemen and "Let the Competition Begin"...

NH3...
Brewster is depth. Nothing more than that and he probably wont be on the roster in a year.

We need some experience on that line going forward.

Quote:Brewster is depth. Nothing more than that and he probably wont be on the roster in a year.

I agree that Brewster is basically depth, but I think he sticks around awhile as he has played multiple spots on the line.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:If a is preceding a vowel than use An

He Stands Corrected..

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:if it was me, I would just pose an offer sheet of the maximum of what i thought he was worth, if you want to get mack you will have to overpay especially with the transition tag and i think fans understand that and also understand the reasons why extreme overpaying is not the answer in the long run

if mack is happy with that my sheet it is up to the browns to match it which they probably will.

Either way I come out smelling of roses

all the fans know I've gone after a star player, the player wanted to come here and that I did everything within reason to get him, The tag makes it very difficult to get value on a player and if the browns match it, it has an effect on their cap situation and costs me nothing

if they don't match it, i get a probowler at a price i was willing to pay

i feel thats win win
Nothing wrong with that, and I agree. But if the reports of Mack not wanting to stay in Cleveland are true, then Mack may not even sign your best offer in fear of being stuck with the browns long term. It's not always money to some people.

Quote:If a is preceding a vowel then use An. Smile

Indeed. I get sloppy on my phone.

Quote:Brewster is depth. Nothing more than that and he probably wont be on the roster in a year.

Fortunately I Disagree...

Brewster has consistently played out ouf position since his time within the NFL...

Which other Starting Caliber center played out of position before settling in at the center position???

Hint, his last name starts w/M...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:He Stands Corrected..

NH3...

I do stand corrected.

However, I know the difference.

But I also enjoy the irony of somebody making a mistake while correcting someone else.

Quote:He Stands Corrected..

NH3...

I forgot you were also the unnecessary capitalization guy.