Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Great news, anyone think we can get this done. May if we get it done, maybe just maybe some in the league would start to see what the Jaguars are building here

I don't think anyone around the league, in the media, or from a fan's perspective will care one way or the other based on this signing if the Jags get him.  Everything still hinges around what happens with that QB spot this year. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Woooooo let's gooooooo

According to bigcatcountry.com we're signing him friday. And this is according to facebook.

I have a lot of hope this deal will get done.

Its been reported/speculated several times that Mack does NOT want to be a Brown any longer and would rather play for a different team.  So if the Jags have just submitted an offer sheet for a 5 YEAR DEAL.  Then there would be a risk that Mack would end up being a Brown for 5 MORE YEARS!

To me, this means that they are confident enough that the Jaguars deal will go through that Mack will personally risk being signed long term with a team he doesnt want to play for (Browns)

So...Basically my theory is that this deal will go through, otherwise Mack wouldnt have risked being signed long term like this with the Browns

Make sense?

Quote:I have a lot of hope this deal will get done.

Its been reported/speculated several times that Mack does NOT want to be a Brown any longer and would rather play for a different team.  So if the Jags have just submitted an offer sheet for a 5 YEAR DEAL.  Then there would be a risk that Mack would end up being a Brown for 5 MORE YEARS!

To me, this means that they are confident enough that the Jaguars deal will go through that Mack will personally risk being signed long term with a team he doesnt want to play for (Browns)

So...Basically my theory is that this deal will go through, otherwise Mack wouldnt have risked being signed long term like this with the Browns

Make sense?

Somewhat yes. We all know Mack wants out of CLE. Browns will try hard to keep him, but if these reports are true then I think it's a done deal. Alex Mack is a huge signing.

Quote:According to bigcatcountry.com we're signing him friday. And this is according to facebook.
Yeah, they're using the same tweet from Adam Schefter that's been posted in this thread already. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25m

To recap: Alex Mack highly impressed with Jacksonville, wants to play there, will sign 5-year offer sheet by end of week, per ESPN sources.

I think some people have said that the offer sheet will be heavy on the second year -- which will make it harder for Cleveland to retain a lot of players next year.  This could be a plan by Caldwell -- either get Mack, or make the Browns unable to retain all their players next year, and try for one of them.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Browns have 5 days to match. But sources say it's going to be tough to match this deal.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/453990004478337024' title="1:17 PM - 9 Apr 2014">27m</a>

<p class="">Sources close to Alex Mack say he wants to play this contract in Jacksonville, not Cleveland, which opted not to give him long-term deal.

<p class=""> 

<p class="">This is the best news ^  Maybe since he wants to play in Jax and not Cle. they wont match!  I wouldnt match if a guy dont want to play for us.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/453989818091839488'>28m</a>

<p class="">Alex Mack's 5-year deal with Jacksonville will be designed to make it as difficult as possible for the Browns to match, per sources.

Quote:Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25m

To recap: Alex Mack highly impressed with Jacksonville, wants to play there, will sign 5-year offer sheet by end of week, per ESPN sources.
Hopefully Cleveland doesn't pull the rug out from underneath us on this one.  I feel confident the Jags front office is going to do everything they can to put a deal together to assure that doesn't happen, but you still never know.

Who knew signing a center could generate this much fan excitement? 

Quote:Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25m

Translation: Jacksonville makes more financial sense. 

Once again, YES PLEASE.

Quote:Browns have 5 days to match. But sources say it's going to be tough to match this deal.
Thanks for the breaking update, Brklyn. 

Per Schefter NFL Insider..Clev has 5 days to match but Jags will make contract very difficult to do so 

Quote:Translation: Jacksonville makes more financial sense. 
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/453995749668573187' title="1:39 PM - 9 Apr 2014">8m</a>

<p class="">As if Alex Mack's deal with Jags weren't lucrative enough, there's also this: no state tax in FLA; Top tax rate in Ohio is 5.925%, Clev 2%.

Quote:Thanks for the breaking update, Brklyn.
Wow you must be miserable c

They say FA pick ups have no influence on the draft. But, this pick up will have a big influence. 

Macksonville!!