Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:5 DAYS FROM TOMORROW KNOW IF HAVE A CENTER OR NOT. matters none still stuck with chad.

Quote:Brilliant Insight, Powerful Analysis. Your Ronster's brother right?

HeadSlap

Quote:And we're still stuck with you can you be replaced?

lol.....see what y'all are missing on that "radio show" of his??..... Laughing 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 10:37 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...alex-mack/

Update

Hmmmm....

I was hoping we'd creatively make it a little more tougher for Cleveland to match.  

Given that link, if correct, I'm less optimistic that we get him....

unless of course the Browns were being honest when that quote was cited on here about them "letting him leave if he really didn't want to stay"....

Quote:Hmmmm....

given that, if correct, I'm less optimistic that we get him....

unless of course the Browns were being honest when that quote was cited on here about them "letting him leave if he really didn't want to stay"....

Yupp me to but we don't know the actual contract just yet se until I see it on something other that pft then I'll believe it

Can you imagine being professionally handcuffed by a franchise like the Cleveland Browns?

Wow, that doesn't look hard to match at all. It's basically 2yrs 18 million. It's a no brainer. They will probably match.

Quote:Wow, that doesn't look hard to match at all. It's basically 2yrs 18 million. It's a no brainer. They will probably match.

Thanks for your insight, Brklyn. When it comes to no brainers, I'd put you right up near the top.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I was hoping we'd creatively make it a little more tougher for Cleveland to match.  

<div>Given that link, if correct, I'm less optimistic that we get him....

</div>

Well they did say a lot of guaranteed money in 2015 that he would restructure for us but not for the Browns.... Browns need a lot of money in 2015 to resign guys like Haden so it might make it less appealing for them.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Thanks for your insight, Brklyn. When it comes to no brainers, I'd put you right up near the top.
Great insight as usual. I was expecting a tougher offer sheet but will see what happens.

Quote:Well they did say a lot of guaranteed money in 2015 that he would restructure for us but not for the Browns.... Browns need a lot of money in 2015 to resign guys like Haden so it might make it less appealing for them.

Try again. It said "despite speculation" about your above scenario.

@vitostellino If PFT report that 1st 2 years of Mack's deal is only $18 to $20 and 3 years around $27 guaranteed is true, Browns figure to match..

I agree. Like I said, I was expecting something tougher.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 10:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Wow, that doesn't look hard to match at all. It's basically 2yrs 18 million. It's a no brainer. They will probably match.

I can't see them not matching it, especially with the rhetoric from Haslam about re-signing him. 

I was hoping our side would have made it tougher for Cleveland than that, --- given the numbers reported in the article, its almost like we did Cleveland a favor with that contract. They'll probably agree to match that within the same day as he signs the Jax offer. Its nothing to even make them need time to think it over, its so easy. 

Quote:Great insight as usual. I was expecting a tougher offer sheet but will see what happens.

I didn't realize offer sheets could be tough, Brklyn. Again, you really bring great info to the table. If there's something obvious to say, we know we can count on you.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I can't see them not matching it, especially with the rhetoric from Haslam about re-signing him. 

I was hoping our side would have made it tougher for Cleveland than that, --- given the numbers reported in the article, its almost like we did Cleveland a favor with that contract. They'll probably agree to match that within the same day as he signs the Jax offer. Its nothing to even make them need time to think it over, its so easy. 

I figured it was only a matter of time before you found some ammo to turn into a complaint about this situation. Somehow, Dave Caldwell will end up looking like an incompetent bad guy in your eyes.

<div>Given that link, if correct, I'm less optimistic that we get him....

</div>

You will call him the most overpayed center in the NFL in 2 years if he signs with us. 

Quote:I figured it was only a matter of time before you found some ammo to turn into a complaint about this situation. Somehow, Dave Caldwell will end up looking like an incompetent bad guy in your eyes.

Shoot the messenger. Yep par for course. 

I'm just commenting on whats being reported. If the numbers are correct in that article, its an easy contract for the Browns to match. Their brass is probably breathing a sigh of relief after those figures became known. They're probably all sitting around having a few drinks laughing about it right now.  

Quote:Shoot the messenger. Yep par for course. 

I'm just commenting on whats being reported. If the numbers are correct in that article, its an easy contract for the Browns to match. Their brass is probably breathing a sigh of relief after those figures became known. They're probably all sitting around having a few drinks laughing about it right now.  

I can assure you none of the Browns "brass" are laughing about anything related to football decisions and the Cleveland Browns' franchise.

Quote:You will call him the most overpayed center in the NFL in 2 years if he signs with us. 

Why, is he supposed to regress greatly in ability over that time? 

Read the whole thread, nothing suggests that I had any issue with paying this player what it took to get him here. He's an elite talent. You have to pay a lot to get them. 

The above is baseless dribble designed to take the focus away from the fact that the contract is very easy to match. 

By the way, in 2 years that same contract could be a bargain for Cleveland, the way salaries keep escalating along with the Cap ceiling. 

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 11:11 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Supposedly there is a player exit clause after the 2 years is up; so Mack could leave Cleveland and the deal after 2 if they match. I don't see this offer as being so crazy like it was sounding, but there are some things in there that could cause Cleveland to pause and think. I'm not sure where this is going to go right now.

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

TMD makes it sound like we offered him Chad Henne money. We are still grossly overpaying for the position even if we get him.

By matching, Cleveland will have a hell of a lot of money wrapped up in 2 offensive lineman though. Just short of 20% of the current cap. That's a lot of cash.

If they don't, the Jags are in the same boat, which could end up sucking down the road, but hey, it's not my cash. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.