Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:so... the details you know about are a link to an article on PFT....

hmm.. interesting.

THAT'S IT..... CALDWELL BLEW IT!

It's funny how Florio becomes a credible resource when it serves a purpose, but he's dismissed when it doesn't fit a certain agenda. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It was definitely worth a try.....I'm just disappointed in that "try." Per PFT, the contract we offered is a weak attempt and will be easy for Cleveland to match. 
once again... what ACTUAL details do you know that makes it a "weak" offer?

you don't know... they are still tweaking it.

Summer Donna

Quote:I think you just like the attention, good or bad..

I don't care what you think. These people are just projecting their disappointment and looking for a target. They know I'm right about whats going on here, per whats being reported, and instead of throwing any criticism the Jags way for not making a tougher offer to match they instead bash me. Whatever. 

Quote:Huh?? What in the hell are you talking about?
OK

1.   Present a copy of the "in work" contract that you were dissapointed at Caldwell's short comings and posting about.

2.   Nyah, you will be busy enough with Item. 1.

Cary On

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 10:44 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's funny how Florio becomes a credible resource when it serves a purpose, but he's dismissed when it doesn't fit a certain agenda. 

Ironic. REALLY ironic coming from you. 

This board bashes PFT all the time as a bad source, just like ESPN, but the moment those 2 outlets list something positive for the Jags by those 2, they are posted and celebrated within seconds. 

Quote:Clearly.

And very obvious to everybody.

He's basically the definition of trolling.

Sorry being late to the party. I usually ignore him haha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I don't care what you think. These people are just projecting their disappointment and looking for a target. They know I'm right about whats going on here, per whats being reported, and instead of throwing any criticism the Jags way for not making a tougher offer to match they instead bash me. Whatever. 
I would be disappointed if the Jags offered too much more than what is being "reported".

30 mil over two years might be just a hair too much, imo.

Why don't you let the grown ups do their job and you just sit back and watch quietly? And hold the hand wringing for the actual outcome that has yet to actually be decided.

Quote:It was definitely worth a try.....I'm just disappointed in that "try." Per PFT, the contract we offered is a weak attempt and will be easy for Cleveland to match. 

The fact that you think a contract that's still being drafted as we type is weak tells me you know the actual details of what's in the deal.  Not the crap PFT is floating.  The actual details.  So, tell us, diva. What are the specific numbers in the contract that make it a weak one since you seem to know exactly what's going on with negotiations.

Quote:You have no idea the contract the Jags front office offered.

But keep believing that you do.

Oh, he knows. They're consulting him based on his vast experience in negotiating salaries.  Nobody can get a quarter above minimum wage with the same skill as the barstool diva.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote: 

Summer Donna

classic.

Come to think of it, what ever happened to Cheri Oteri?

;

;

Quote:I don't care what you think. These people are just projecting their disappointment and looking for a target. They know I'm right about whats going on here, per whats being reported, and instead of throwing any criticism the Jags way for not making a tougher offer to match they instead bash me. Whatever. 

Nobody is projecting disappointment because most of us who have half a brain recognize nothing has happened yet, and all we're getting from the press is rumor and speculation.  They're not negotiating the contract, and as of right now, there isn't a final draft of the deal to know what the specifics are.  Only you are too ignorant to recognize this, but in a desperate need for attention, and to gain some sort of validation, you're going to ride this thing for as long as you have to.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 10:46 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I would be disappointed if the Jags offered too much more than what is being "reported".

30 mil over two years might be just a hair too much, imo.

Why don't you let the grown ups do their job and you just sit back and watch quietly? And hold the hand wringing for the actual outcome that has yet to actually be decided.

Its not 30 MIL over 2 years...

Its 30 MIL over 3 years. Its like 18 MIL over the first 2. 

No.

We know your not right because you have no Data to substantiate your posts.

People are not upset that we lost Mack, because we don't know.

You only surmise.

Provide written prima facie evidence that the contract "still not in the league office yet" was not "tough enough"

HeadSlap

Quote:Ironic. REALLY ironic coming from you. 

This board bashes PFT all the time as a bad source, just like ESPN, but the moment those 2 outlets list something positive for the Jags by those 2, they are posted and celebrated within seconds. 

Really?  Because I don't take anything reported by Florio, Schefter, or the rest of the bobble heads in the media as gospel until we get very specific details that are confirmed.  Nothing of the sort has happened here.

Most here are smart enough to recognize the difference between speculation and fact.  You're the exception.  So, tell us all how smart you are again.  We know the drill.

Quote:Its not 30 MIL over 2 years...

Based on your first hand knowledge of the negotiations, no doubt.

It's  like what???

Written evidence to back this up please, or is there any?

HeadSlap

Quote:classic.

Come to think of it, what ever happened to Cheri Oteri?
She was in Grown Ups 2 most recently

other than that... -shrug-

@ryanohalloran: Meanwhile on Mack, source said deal has been "reviewed, but not executed." #Jaguars

I was giving an example of what would be too much in my eyes, something Cleveland might not even think about matching.

Quote:No.

We know your not right because you have no Data to substantiate your posts.

People are not upset that we lost Mack, because we don't know.

You only surmise.

Provide written prima facie evidence that the contract "still not in the league office yet" was not "tough enough"

HeadSlap

Get ready to hear how smart he is in 3, 2, 1...

Quote:@ryanohalloran: Meanwhile on Mack, source said deal has been "reviewed, but not executed." #Jaguars

So there isn't actually a deal yet?  But, the diva is telling us otherwise!