Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:@ryanohalloran: Meanwhile on Mack, source said deal has been "reviewed, but not executed." #Jaguars
Perhaps a tad more believable than the towel boy tweeting Florio

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's  like what???

Written evidence to back this up please, or is there any?

HeadSlap

He'd provide you with written evidence.  Unfortunately, the splatter has made the document almost completely unreadable.  He'll get back to you.  In the meantime, would you like to hear how smart he is?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Sorry being late to the party. I usually ignore him haha
Guess I mistook the love fest on the UPS thread. My bad.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:If he's not telling everyone how smart he thinks he is, who will?

I know a lot of really smart people in my industry.  I have yet to meet a single truly intelligent human being who has to tell people he/she is smart.  People just know.  Those who have to tell others how smart they are usually aren't. 
If you gotta say you're the man..........................................You ain't the man.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:He'd provide you with written evidence.  Unfortunately, the splatter has made the document almost completely unreadable.  He'll get back to you.  In the meantime, would you like to hear how smart he is?
Easy on the splatter remarks. He may be heading to NY for some job openings. Real good pay and benefits. But then, it would mean leaving mom's basement. OK, splatter remains.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:If you gotta say you're the man..........................................You ain't the man.
BINGO

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:I was giving an example of what would be too much in my eyes, something Cleveland might not even think about matching.
If the speculative reports that are being floated turn out to be remotely accurate, it's close to what you're suggesting with $30 million guaranteed over the first 3 years.  That's a pretty tall order for a team like Cleveland to absorb knowing they've got a couple of big contract negotiations with other players on the horizon.  This is a luxury the Jags have as they don't have any looming re-works to do in the next year or two that are going to command the kind of money the Browns are going to be on the hook for. 

While it may be overspending to land Mack, if the numbers are accurate, it's worth the gamble to secure one of the best players at that position.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:If you gotta say you're the man..........................................You ain't the man.

High fiving yourself tends to look a little awkward, but the diva has mastered the skill.

Quote:Easy on the splatter remarks. He may be heading to NY for some job openings. Real good pay and benefits. But then, it would mean leaving mom's basement. OK, splatter remains.
Once you get the McD's grease in your system, it's hard to get away from it without stripping down to your undies and trashing the place. 

Quote:Guess I mistook the love fest on the UPS thread. My bad.

Because we shared the same opinion? Btw.. Let me know if you ever need to come in and have blood work done.. I can use the ole 7 gauge needle.. Stabby stabby...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:If the speculative reports that are being floated turn out to be remotely accurate, it's close to what you're suggesting with $30 million guaranteed over the first 3 years.  That's a pretty tall order for a team like Cleveland to absorb knowing they've got a couple of big contract negotiations with other players on the horizon.  This is a luxury the Jags have as they don't have any looming re-works to do in the next year or two that are going to command the kind of money the Browns are going to be on the hook for. 

While it may be overspending to land Mack, if the numbers are accurate, it's worth the gamble to secure one of the best players at that position.
That would be tougher but doable, we need to see the details though because there are rumor of an opt out after 2 yrs which would potentially void the third yr. And if Mack were to not opt out that would tell me he would be open to modifying his deal. So lots of unknowns yet. And as you said before a lot of what has leaked could be misinformation.

Quote:Nobody is projecting disappointment because most of us who have half a brain recognize nothing has happened yet, and all we're getting from the press is rumor and speculation.  They're not negotiating the contract, and as of right now, there isn't a final draft of the deal to know what the specifics are.

We don't even know that. Maybe there's a final draft of the deal, maybe there isn't. Our ignorance on the matter is complete.

I wonder...if they are making this big play for Mack, a crucial position, especially to a QB, Are they thinking of taking a QB at #3? A guy like Mack can be a big help to any QB, but especially a rookie. Then again, a QB in 2nd rd would benefit with a Mack snapping the ball.

Then if Mack doesnt fall our way, do they go D ?

Interesting draft coming up, best in years ( speculation wise )..hope results match

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Its not 30 MIL over 2 years...

Its 30 MIL over 3 years. Its like 18 MIL over the first 2. 

Quote:If the speculative reports that are being floated turn out to be remotely accurate, it's close to what you're suggesting with $30 million guaranteed over the first 3 years.  That's a pretty tall order for a team like Cleveland to absorb knowing they've got a couple of big contract negotiations with other players on the horizon.  This is a luxury the Jags have as they don't have any looming re-works to do in the next year or two that are going to command the kind of money the Browns are going to be on the hook for. 

He cited 15 MIL over 2 years. I cited 30 MIL over 3, with 18 MIL over the first 2, which are the numbers being reported from PFT. 

That is not a tall order for Cleveland to match. If it was they'd never have even transistioned him in the first place. 

The Cap will be going up 5-10 MIL each year over the next 3-5 years, with the current TV deal. Cleveland can easily extend their players and afford Mack too under the PFT numbers. 

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:02 AM by Ringo.)

Quote:Because we shared the same opinion? Btw.. Let me know if you ever need to come in and have blood work done.. I can use the ole 7 gauge needle.. Stabby stabby...
Ok nurse.

But the group hugs you wanted with your BFF doesnt really hold up to...oh I just ignore him  . Just sayin.

If you'd like some blood work done, let me know as well.

Blakes Life Matters

Realistically, if we wind up getting Mack in this little dance, that's a great thing.  If we don't, it's not the end of the world.  It's just nice to see the Jags generating some positive buzz right now.  Like I said before, who knew a center could generate this much excitement?

Quote:Ok nurse.

I'll make sure to aim for that big cyst you have growing out of your neck Smile
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:That would be tougher but doable, we need to see the details though because there are rumor of an opt out after 2 yrs which would potentially void the third yr. And if Mack were to not opt out that would tell me he would be open to modifying his deal. So lots of unknowns yet. And as you said before a lot of what has leaked could be misinformation.

I would imagine the opt out is window dressing if it does indeed exist. We'll have to see what the actual details are when there's something tangible to look at beyond rumor and speculation.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/3965-jags-to-sign-mack-to-offer-sheet/?p=170038'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/3965-jags-to-sign-mack-to-offer-sheet/?p=170038</a>

This will be disputed but the same people disputing it, also use the same site when it pertains to GOOD news for the Jags, so they're just being hypocrites.
Big difference being, they're not trying to use it to validate how 'smart' they are.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He cited 15 MIL over 2 years. I cited 30 MIL over 3, with 18 MIL over the first 2, which are the numbers being reported from PFT. 

That is not a tall order for Cleveland to match. If it was they'd never have even transistioned him in the first place. 

The Cap will be going up 5-10 MIL each year over the next 3-5 years, with the current TV deal. Cleveland can easily extend their players and afford Mack too under the PFT numbers. 
I think it's pretty well established by now that you don't know diddly squat about what's going on, but you keep telling yourself otherwise if it props up that attention starved psyche of yours.