Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Dumb question...but Mack really has no say so, correct? If the Browns match, its like being tagged ?

Apparently he's unhappy in Cleveland, but tough, if they match the offer?

He has no say, but he and his agent have a good idea of what kind of deal would be tough for Cleveland to match.

Do you think they'd pay tens of millions to keep a guy who doesn't want to be there?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You said Ken Doll...not Barbie there stud.

Quote:Hmmm.. What does a Ken Doll and a woman have in common?

Look, I know I called your brain nothing but a cyst, but you're trying awfully hard to prove me right..
You two got the UPS thread locked, take your pissing match somewhere else please. :thanks:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:You two got the UPS thread locked, take your [BAD WORD REMOVED] match somewhere else please. :thanks:

No.. Go read the thread. He got the thread locked for threatening people..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

TEBOW?!

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Again, that rumor mill site is usually accurate and timely when it comes to this type of story.

This is downright laughable.

Unless they're in the room working this deal, they're speculating and nothing more. Nobody but the people negotiating the deal are privy to the actual details. You're treating their reports like gospel saying the numbers have to be close to accurate, but the truth is you have no idea, and neither does Florio.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You said Ken Doll...not Barbie there stud.

Quote:Hmmm.. What does a Ken Doll and a woman have in common?

Look, I know I called your brain nothing but a cyst, but you're trying awfully hard to prove me right..
You guys sure you wern't in the movies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sS4RIn6Kw

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:He has no say, but he and his agent have a good idea of what kind of deal would be tough for Cleveland to match.

Do you think they'd pay tens of millions to keep a guy who doesn't want to be there?

I gave an example of a parallel situation way back in the early portions of this thread with the Philadelphia Flyers signing Shea Weber to an offer sheet last season. The story is almost identical to the concept here. well, with the exception of the Flyers actually offering a really difficult contract for the opposing team Nashville, to match. Weber claimed he DID NOT want to return to Nashville and was hoping Nashville wouldn't match. He wanted to play for the Flyers, just like Mack wants to play for the Jags, allegedly. In the end, Nashville somehow matched, despite the notion that they'd be paying loads of money for a player that "didn't want to be there". 

Gonna be crazy of we do end up getting Mack. I really don't think some people realize the magnitude this could have on the o-line. Would not only be a huge staple, but a leader as well.

Quote:You guys sure you wern't in the movies?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sS4RIn6Kw'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sS4RIn6Kw</a>

HeadSlap

Great movie btw..

Quote:He has no say, but he and his agent have a good idea of what kind of deal would be tough for Cleveland to match.

Agree.

Shefter tweeted this morning that the Browns would "immediately" match a deal with the Jags.

I'm not so sure about that.  I think it's just more posturing by the Browns.

Because, if the Browns put their money where their mouth is to begin with we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  They would have franchised tagged and/or signed him long term already.

I'm tempering my feelings a bit, but it's very interesting to watch this unfold.

Sounds as if Mack and his agent have tried all they can to make this a deal the Browns won't want to sign.  Otherwise, he'd already have a new deal from the Browns.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It is Cleveland.

I'm sure there was some inventive accounting being done in Caldwells office.

Either way, nice to see them take a run at him. IF we dont get him, I think the Browns lose out in the long run; but do they look hat far ahead? They're not near a playoff team

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:It is Cleveland.

I'm sure there was some inventive accounting being done in Caldwells office.

Either way, nice to see them take a run at him. IF we dont get him, I think the Browns lose out in the long run; but do they look hat far ahead? They're not near a playoff team

I think their owner shot his mouth off.  There's also been some indication they've said that if he didn't want to be there, they wouldn't force him to stay.  I think the latter is probably more reasonable than the owner saying he'll match any offer.  Ask his GM what he thinks.

Quote:Agree.

Shefter tweeted this morning that the Browns would "immediately" match a deal with the Jags.

I'm not so sure about that.  I think it's just more posturing by the Browns.

Because, if the Browns put their money where their mouth is to begin with we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  They would have franchised tagged and/or signed him long term already.

I'm tempering my feelings a bit, but it's very interesting to watch this unfold.

Sounds as if Mack and his agent have tried all they can to make this a deal the Browns won't want to sign.  Otherwise, he'd already have a new deal from the Browns.

All we can do is wait and see.  I am prepared to see Cleveland match the deal, but I really do think it's 50/50 right now that they will.  I don't think it's a slam dunk.  We've seen instances where owners have said things that were contradicted completely by their front office, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

Quote:I think their owner shot his mouth off.  There's also been some indication they've said that if he didn't want to be there, they wouldn't force him to stay.  I think the latter is probably more reasonable than the owner saying he'll match any offer.  Ask his GM what he thinks.
I agree. My gut tells me we land him. But I temper those thoughts by realizing its not the Pats or Broncos, but the Browns we are dealing with. These guys fired their new found savior coach after one season; the owner seems a little "loose". 

Blakes Life Matters

If nothing else is achieved by the entire offer the Jags have enhanced their perception around the league that they are willing to pay top level players and also right here at home. The national media vibe is 180 from what we are accustomed to around here and I am loving it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I gave an example of a parallel situation way back in the early portions of this thread with the Philadelphia Flyers signing Shea Weber to an offer sheet last season. The story is almost identical to the concept here. well, with the exception of the Flyers actually offering a really difficult contract for the opposing team Nashville, to match. Weber claimed he DID NOT want to return to Nashville and was hoping Nashville wouldn't match. He wanted to play for the Flyers, just like Mack wants to play for the Jags, allegedly. In the end, Nashville somehow matched, despite the notion that they'd be paying loads of money for a player that "didn't want to be there". 

Every situation is unique, but you say you're smart, so you should know this. 

Quote:If nothing else is achieved by the entire offer the Jags have enhanced their perception around the league that they are willing to pay top level players and also right here at home. The national media vibe is 180 from what we are accustomed to around here and I am loving it.
Exactly.  It should shed any notion that they're not serious about building this roster using all options available to them. 

A beer says Jags sign him. Payable at one of the practice sessions. Anyone?

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:A beer says Jags sign him. Payable at one of the practice sessions. Anyone?

Nice try.....The Jags are 100% going to sign him. 

The issue is will Cleveland match. 

Quote:A beer says Jags sign him. Payable at one of the practice sessions. Anyone?
Sure but you have to pay my ticket to Jacksonville and back.