Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:@RapSheet: Alex Mack’s offer sheet from the #Jaguars will be executed Friday, source says. Start the 5-day clock from then

Isn't that tweet a day old?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He just sent it 9 minutes ago

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 03:48 PM by BrownsandJags.)

Why is everyone ripping on Cleveland? You guys seem to be getting mad at us because we want to keep a player we drafted and developed...That's crazy. I'm a born and bred Browns fan who lived in Cleveland the first 18 years of my life. I live in 5 Points/Riverside now the last 3 years so I like both cities very much. There's no need to rip on Cleveland. Both cities definitely have their plus and minuses. I do have to say I think its ironic Jax fans acting like their franchise is better than Cleveland’s. Yes, the last 15 years have been bad but it is a storied franchise with 8 championships, 28 playoff appearances, and 16 HOF's. Cleveland doesn't have a lot going for it but it does have an amazing football culture that's rivaled by few teams. Jacksonville has great weather and no income tax going for it which I love. But to act like Jax is this storied franchise that's a current playoff contender who Mack dying to play for is asinine. Both teams sucked last year and he's trying to get paid. Yes, both teams have their pros and cons. Browns have 10 draft picks, 30 million in cap (including 10 for Mack) to add on to our 6 Pro Bowlers. We sucked last year primarily cause of QB probs like most bad teams. When we had Hoyer we looked completely different. All in All I wish no ill will towards Jaguars. I hope they stay in Jax and do well cause they've become my second team.

Quote:Why is everyone ripping on Cleveland? You guys seem to be getting mad at us because we want to keep a player we drafted and developed...That's crazy. I'm a born and bred Browns fan who lived in Cleveland the first 18 years of my life. I live in 5 Points/Riverside in Jax now the last 3 years so I like both cities very much. There's no need to rip on Cleveland. Both cities definitely have their plus and minuses. I do have to say I think its ironic Jax fans acting like their franchise are better than Cleveland’s. Yes, the last 15 years have been bad but it is a storied franchise with 8 championships, 28 playoff appearances, and 16 HOF's. Cleveland doesn't have a lot going for it but it does have an amazing football culture that's rivaled by few teams. Jacksonville has great weather and no income tax going for it which I love. But to act like Jax is this storied franchise that's a current playoff contender who Mack dying to play for is asinine. Both teams sucked last year and he's trying to get paid. Yes, both teams have their pros and cons. Browns have 10 draft picks, 30 million in cap (including 10 for Mack) to add on to our 6 Pro Bowlers. We sucked last year primarily cause of QB probs like most bad teams. When we had Hoyer we looked completely different. All in All I wish no ill will towards Jaguars. I hope they stay in Jax and do well cause they've become my second team.

Browns v. 1.0 earned that history.

Browns v. 2.0...the current version?  Not so much.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Cleveland, the first landing spot for the stars that don't want to stay very long..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Cleveland, the first landing spot for the stars that don't want to stay very long..
[Image: 1459124_604250156280899_548876645_n.jpg]

Quote:Why is everyone ripping on Cleveland? You guys seem to be getting mad at us because we want to keep a player we drafted and developed...That's crazy. I'm a born and bred Browns fan who lived in Cleveland the first 18 years of my life. I live in 5 Points/Riverside now the last 3 years so I like both cities very much. There's no need to rip on Cleveland. Both cities definitely have their plus and minuses. I do have to say I think its ironic Jax fans acting like their franchise is better than Cleveland’s. Yes, the last 15 years have been bad but it is a storied franchise with 8 championships, 28 playoff appearances, and 16 HOF's. Cleveland doesn't have a lot going for it but it does have an amazing football culture that's rivaled by few teams. Jacksonville has great weather and no income tax going for it which I love. But to act like Jax is this storied franchise that's a current playoff contender who Mack dying to play for is asinine. Both teams sucked last year and he's trying to get paid. Yes, both teams have their pros and cons. Browns have 10 draft picks, 30 million in cap (including 10 for Mack) to add on to our 6 Pro Bowlers. We sucked last year primarily cause of QB probs like most bad teams. When we had Hoyer we looked completely different. All in All I wish no ill will towards Jaguars. I hope they stay in Jax and do well cause they've become my second team.
Some Rip, Some Troll. Welcome to The Jungle.

We are in a similar situation with new owner, new staff.

Good Luck this year.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 04:01 PM by burt1jason.)

Quote:Browns v. 1.0 earned that history.

Browns v. 2.0...the current version? Not so much.
Can't find a thing to argue with what you said. I wish you guys the best of luck this coming year......just not against us. (-:

Meant to quote "Browns and Jags"

Quote:Browns v. 1.0 earned that history.

Browns v. 2.0...the current version?  Not so much.
That makes no sense. We still have that history. It happened in Cleveland. The same fans expereienced it. Hell the stadium is even in the same spot as the last. People just say that to be rude and to it take away from what was accomplished. It's really annoying and just a trolling tactic. Before you trash our city think of how you feel everytime someone trashes Jax or talks about how they can't wait for them to be the LA Jaguars.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WingerDinger" data-cid="170798" data-time="1397159477">

Cleveland, the first landing spot for the stars that don't want to stay very long..
[Image: 1459124_604250156280899_548876645_n.jpg]</blockquote>

Hahahahahahahaha priceless
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I don't even know where Ohio is on a map.  :ermm:

Quote:That makes no sense. We still have that history. It happened in Cleveland. The same fans expereienced it. Hell the stadium is even in the same spot as the last. People just say that to be rude and to it take away from what was accomplished. It's really annoying and just a trolling tactic. Before you trash our city think of how you feel everytime someone trashes Jax or talks about how they can't wait for them to be the LA Jaguars.
I'm not going to get into city smack, but dude, you stated up there earlier you have resided here for three years now. For you to keep mentioning LA is just weak. You have never before posted here and now all you're posting is back handed jabs under the guise of defending the skid marks(oops, I went there). I'm not sure I welcome you to our board.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:That makes no sense. We still have that history. It happened in Cleveland. The same fans expereienced it. Hell the stadium is even in the same spot as the last. People just say that to be rude and to it take away from what was accomplished. It's really annoying and just a trolling tactic. Before you trash our city think of how you feel everytime someone trashes Jax or talks about how they can't wait for them to be the LA Jaguars.

Lol Cleveland is a dump no one wants to live or play there. Jax isn't moving anywhere, go back to your board buddy

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 04:14 PM by Bullseye.)

What makes no sense is how a team-ownership, front office, players, equipment, etc. can completely leave Cleveland and relocate in Baltimore, not play for three full seasons, have an entirely different organization put in its place, and people act as if absolutely nothing happened.  It sounds like a comic book plot with alternate realities/timelines.

What makes no sense to me is how a football crazed place like Cleveland is supposed to be can allow it's stadium to become such a dump as Cleveland Municipal stadium did to justify Modell leaving?!?  If the Browns are king in Cleveland, didn't they deserve the state of the art facility they now play in long before Modell and the Browns left?   It's not as if they didn't win anything.  It's not as if they didn't build the proud tradition you cited a few posts ago.  Why not build the new stadium before 1999?!?  You build a new arena for the Cavs, right?  You built a new arena for the Indians, right?  Even built the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.  Why not take care of the Browns first?

For the record, I've no obligation nor inclination to be particularly nice to the teams of opposing teams fans, especially when fans of those teams have talked smack about us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Why is everyone ripping on Cleveland? You guys seem to be getting mad at us because we want to keep a player we drafted and developed...That's crazy. I'm a born and bred Browns fan who lived in Cleveland the first 18 years of my life. I live in 5 Points/Riverside now the last 3 years so I like both cities very much. There's no need to rip on Cleveland. Both cities definitely have their plus and minuses. I do have to say I think its ironic Jax fans acting like their franchise is better than Cleveland’s. Yes, the last 15 years have been bad but it is a storied franchise with 8 championships, 28 playoff appearances, and 16 HOF's. Cleveland doesn't have a lot going for it but it does have an amazing football culture that's rivaled by few teams. Jacksonville has great weather and no income tax going for it which I love. But to act like Jax is this storied franchise that's a current playoff contender who Mack dying to play for is asinine. Both teams sucked last year and he's trying to get paid. Yes, both teams have their pros and cons. Browns have 10 draft picks, 30 million in cap (including 10 for Mack) to add on to our 6 Pro Bowlers. We sucked last year primarily cause of QB probs like most bad teams. When we had Hoyer we looked completely different. All in All I wish no ill will towards Jaguars. I hope they stay in Jax and do well cause they've become my second team.

Who here has portrayed the Jags as any sort of storied franchise?   I think most here have been pretty fair in their reasoning behind why it would benefit Mack to come to Florida.  The fact that the Browns have been a lousy team for all but a couple of years since coming back into the league is a minor point.  There are plenty of draws for a guy looking for a huge payday to take it in Florida vs. Ohio. 

As far as ripping on the Cleveland, I'm not seeing it.  I see people ripping some of the fans on a message board or responding to an article, mainly because their comments are the stereotypical "ignorati" comments about the Jags moving to London or LA, etc..  Those idiots are well worth bashing.  

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 04:13 PM by BrownsandJags.)

Quote:I'm not going to get into city smack, but dude, you stated up there earlier you have resided here for three years now. For you to keep mentioning LA is just weak. You have never before posted here and now all you're posting is back handed jabs under the guise of defending the skid marks(oops, I went there). I'm not sure I welcome you to our board.
My bad...I'm not trying to be that way. I mentioned it once so you guys would remember how it feels to keep hearing something you know is [rap and just said to anger you. I really haven't insulted you, Jax, or the Jags, I'm sorry if I did. Like I said I love Jax and hope the Jags best except when going against my hometown team. I like the Jags but I'm not sure I like them enough right now to post on your guys message board constantly. I'll probably bandwagon a little more when they get better to be honest.

Quote:Why is everyone ripping on Cleveland?

Because we are sick and tired of talking about Mock Drafts !!!   We've been talking about Bridgewater, Clowney, and Manziel since week 5 of the 2013 season.  This is actually refreshing.

Take everything with a grain of salt.   :thumbsup:

Quote:My bad...I'm not trying to be that way. I mentioned it once so you guys would remember how it feels to keep hearing something you know is [BAD WORD REMOVED] and just said to anger you. I really haven't insulted you, Jax, or the Jags, I'm sorry if I did. Like I said I love Jax and hope the Jags best except when going against my hometown team. I like the Jags but I'm not sure I like them enough right now to post on your guys message board constantly. I'll probably bandwagon a little more when they get better to be honest.
This is honesty I can respect. I will now welcome you to our board. Welcome.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 04:17 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Quote:Who here has portrayed the Jags as any sort of storied franchise?   I think most here have been pretty fair in their reasoning behind why it would benefit Mack to come to Florida.  The fact that the Browns have been a lousy team for all but a couple of years since coming back into the league is a minor point.  There are plenty of draws for a guy looking for a huge payday to take it in Florida vs. Ohio. 

As far as ripping on the Cleveland, I'm not seeing it.  I see people ripping some of the fans on a message board or responding to an article, mainly because their comments are the stereotypical "ignorati" comments about the Jags moving to London or LA, etc..  Those idiots are well worth bashing.  
 ^^ Exactly. I've got no problem with the Browns. But I've never paid any attention to the fanbase. From what I hear in the message boards, there's not much difference with any other team. But I'm going to respond/think the same way as I would another team who makes ignorant comments about another team. I have yet to say anything negative about the Browns. I will continue spouting negative about some of the fans. Just as they have the right to do about us.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

You do realize that pointing out which franchise actually earned that storied past vs. the one that resides in Cleveland currently is not trashing the city of Cleveland, right?  It's simply pointing out the fact that despite the league saying Cleveland would retain the history, the Browns were pretty much treated like an expansion franchise when they came back into the league in 1999.  It's not really the same team that built that history. 

You're more than welcome to talk about the LA Jaguars or London Jaguars to your heart's content.  If you live here, you know that's not happening, but hey, feel free to give it a shot if it makes you feel better about the perceived slight aimed at Cleveland. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]