Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Its a win win situation for us. Either we get a top notch C at a price most teams couldn't afford and still have room left or we severely handicap the Browns cap in the next few years.

This I can agree with. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So Mack already signed it and the five days started?

Quote:Since bottlegate I have despised the fans of the Browns. Grudge you say?......... Damn right.

Amen.. That whole armpit of a city needs to be flushed.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Since bottlegate I have despised the fans of the Browns. Grudge you say?......... Damn right.

^^this^^
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Ok TMD...two opt out clauses, a no franchise tag clause, and a record breaking salary w/ more than double the amount of guaranteed money in history for a C. Is that complicated enough for you or did they still just basically do the Browns a favor? 

I like that the deal seems to be a bit tougher to match than first reported. But again, we'll see how long it takes Cleveland to match. 

Quote:I like that the deal seems to be a bit tougher to match than first reported. But again, we'll see how long it takes Cleveland to match. 

So you basically had your panties in a wad prematurely, once again... like always.

Cleveland might match, and I actually am leaning towards that they will.

But the offer is a good, serious offer that isn't a no-brainer like you made it out to be last night.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:So you basically had your panties in a wad prematurely, once again... like always.

Cleveland might match, and I actually am leaning towards that they will.

But the offer is a good, serious offer that isn't a no-brainer like you made it out to be last night.

At the time, what was being reported was a weaker offer. The Jags went back to the drawing board today and fixed a few things after word got out that the original was too easy for the Browns to match. 

Quote:We call that a double standard... Jags are his team though right?

I'm sure he's a Jags fan. Just because he's a pessimist (and just because he sometimes takes multiple sides of an issue) doesn't mean he's not a Jags fan.  There's fans like TMD on every team.  There's a great diversity of personalities in the world, that includes within fandoms.   He's one of those fans that just overreact to things -- especially rumors.  That's part of being a fan for some people though.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:At the time, what was being reported was a weaker offer. The Jags went back to the drawing board today and fixed a few things after word got out that the original was too easy for the Browns to match. 

at the time the offer was not yet finished yet you still took the opportunity to be negative... even after most people said "let's wait to see the actual offer before getting disappointed"

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I'm sure he's a Jags fan. Just because he's a pessimist (and just because he sometimes takes multiple sides of an issue) doesn't mean he's not a Jags fan.  There's fans like TMD on every team.  There's a great diversity of personalities in the world, that includes within fandoms.   He's one of those fans that just overreact to things -- especially rumors.  That's part of being a fan for some people though.  

Yep. pretty much nailed it. 

I overreact sometimes. So what. Its what I've always done. Its what I do. Its probably what I'll continue to do. Not sure how it makes me any less of a fan. The Jags are still the only team I root for to win every Sunday. 

Quote:The Jags went back to the drawing board today and fixed a few things after word got out that the original was too easy for the Browns to match. 

Oh I'm sure the Jags read The Mad Dog's objections and thought "crap!  we need to add some more stuff!!"

The Jags probably had a large team crafting this contract.  To think or imply that the Jags took to the twitterverse and looked at people's rumors about whether the Browns would match....then panicked...then "went back to the drawing board today and fixed a few things" is simply laughable and downright [BLEEP] if you actually believe that.

Quote:Yep. pretty much nailed it. 

I overreact sometimes. So what. Its what I've always done. Its what I do. Its probably what I'll continue to do. Not sure how it makes me any less of a fan. The Jags are still the only team I root for to win every Sunday. 

Unless, of course, you are rooting for them to lose week by week... #Tank4Teddy

Quote:at the time the offer was not yet finished yet you still took the opportunity to be negative... even after most people said "let's wait to see the actual offer before getting disappointed"

Until this team reverses its fortunes and becomes a consistent winner, sorry, but the first instinct is going to expect the worst. Thats kinda earned over the last 14 years of Jags football. Just as once they start consistent winning, they'll then get the benefit of the doubt from me more often than not. 

Quote:Oh I'm sure the Jags read The Mad Dog's objections and thought "crap!  we need to add some more stuff!!"

The Jags probably had a large team crafting this contract.  To think or imply that the Jags took to the twitterverse and looked at people's rumors about whether the Browns would match....then panicked...then "went back to the drawing board today and fixed a few things" is simply laughable and downright [BLEEP] if you actually believe that.

I didn't say it stemmed from reading my objections. 

Quote:So Mack already signed it and the five days started?

Ian Rapoport from NFL Network mentioned that Alex Mack will be signing the offer sheet tomorrow ( Friday. ).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ffer-sheet

Quote:Yep. pretty much nailed it. 

credit for honesty Banana

Quote:Unless, of course, you are rooting for them to lose week by week... #Tank4Teddy

Greater good theory. 

Most likely there won't be a season like that for another decade plus. Lots of other so called real Jags fans also were doing the same. 

Quote:Ian Rapoport from NFL Network mentioned that Alex Mack will be signing the offer sheet tomorrow ( Friday. ).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ffer-sheet

Then we'll know by Wednesday at the latest if he'll be a Jags for 2014. 

Who cares...if we offered 3 years 10 million or 5 years 50 million...the Browns have more money than we do and can match anything we offer...in order to really force them not to do something financially it would break us too.

At the end of the day, it is great to see the Jags going after this type of player.

Does anyone else see the transition tag as a cheap way for a team to force a player to stay when he doesn't want to be there?