Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Okay, we took a shot.   On to the draft.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If true then that was quick.  Alright time to get to work in the draft.  browns, you got'em (apparently).  

Cleveland can keep him, draft some young blood. We're rebuilding, there are some solid centers in this draft. 42 mill seems kinda crazy to me anyway.

Quote:link? 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1895063552

" @AdamSchefter

Well that didn't take long: Browns are matching Jacksonville's offer sheet for C Alex Mack. Cleveland keeps Mack, per source."

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM by Jagwired.)

That was fun while it lasted. I feel nothing but good about the whole scenario. I feel as if it was a win win situation for our franchise. Hopefully he wont get struck in the head with a freaking beer bottle.

That's right brownies, we ain't forgot. Ninja

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 04:17 PM by Ringo.)

Delete
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Kinda dissapointing, now we need a C and Guard in the draft. 

Well, I think everyone is disappointed, but you can't win them all.  Caldwell had a price and has to stay disciplined.  It would have been great to have him, but time to move on to the draft.  Lots can still happen from now till season opener.  

hey, now maybe brewster can play with a little chip on his shoulder. and TMD can complain about how much the browns are spending. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'm not disappointed one bit, with all the draft picks we have I'm sure we can grab one mid to late rounds. We're in rebuild mode, bring in some young blood and build around that.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 04:18 PM by QFFL.)

Still a just a rumor. I checked again, no official words yet. But it is expected Browns will match.

84 pages. The center of attention ends.
Blakes Life Matters

I guess they lied to Mack about not holding him hostage.

That was about as immediate as it gets.

oh well, would've been nice to get him that's for sure. I'm happy they at least tried.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Now the scouting dept can do their job and find a serviceable center through the draft for a much lesser cost.

It was a valiant effort

Quote:I guess they lied to Mack about not holding him hostage.

26 million guaranteed isn't exactly being held hostage.

Oh snap!

Get it?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Does Mack's agent send Caldwell a fruit basket? Cleveland still looks moronic. They couldn't reach a deal so we helped them drive the price to a record number for a Center which will hamstring them when they need to redo deals for other guys on their roster. They would've looked foolish regardless. But that's hardly new for them.

The agent of the Pouncey brothers could be tempted to send a fruit basket as well.   

Quote:They have?

"immediately"...

Yes, immediately.  

<crickets> is what I expect.