Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

I'm not sure I want them to go much higher then 18 million in 2 years for a center

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Great point.  D6 always level headed which is refreshing considering the posts we get around here.

We had a number.  Some fans will be disappointed we didn't go higher and others recognize that Caldwell has a plan and part of that is being disciplined.  Now you may disagree with it, but I can respect that they made their best offer and let the chips fall where they may.  Part of free agency.  

Thanks, jtmoney.

Related to what you mentioned,  I look at the Alex Mack offer sheet as part of a long journey that the team brass hopes will lead to great long term success.    This offer sheet helps set the stage for what the Jaguars are going to try to accomplish next off-season.    Maybe even sooner if a player unexpectedly gets released by another team that the Jaguars would have serious interest in.

ill give anyone on here $4,000 for a McDouble. I know you really don't wanna part with it so I wanna make an offer you can't refuse. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Yes, indeed, you predicted it.  Congratulations.  

But the part about "failed pretty bad on the contract.." I think is unnecessarily negative.  Yes, we could have written a contract that Cleveland would not have matched.   But apparently we weren't willing to offer that.   Maybe it was prudence, or fiscal discipline.   Caldwell and the rest of the brass have always said they will be disciplined about how they build this team, and apparently a contract Cleveland was not willing to match would have been too much for the Jags to swallow either.  

And in some ways, that tells us a lot about this team and GM.  I know they really wanted Mack and they made a strong offer for him.  But they also realized there was an amount that was too much and you have to have a number you can't go past.  That is the discipline coming in.  For a young GM that is a good sign.  Anyways, you can spin it negatively or positively that is for certain.  Ultimately though, wins/losses are what matter.  

Quote:That'll show them.  Instead of thinking once, they would have to do it one more time.  Based on them signing him this quickly, 1 or 2 million would not have made a difference and the Jags would still be looking for a center in the draft.  
If only they'd visited the kitchen of the Newark Airport McDonalds, they would have known the secret to landing Mack.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Wins/ losses is all that matters. And losing out on Mack doesn't increase the W's in the win column thats for sure. 

Quote:Wins/ losses is all that matters. And losing out on Mack doesn't increase the W's in the win column thats for sure. 
Meester bad snaps cost us a game in 2012 so idk about that. 

Quote:Wins/ losses is all that matters. And losing out on Mack doesn't increase the W's in the win column thats for sure. 
That's really profound.  How many games have we lost since losing out on Mack again?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm just happy they tried for once.. Love the new regime.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Dave Caldwell should at least get a thank you card or some mini muffins from Mack.

Quote:I'm just happy they tried for once.. Love the new regime.. 

This franchise needs a lot more than just moral victories to right this ship. 

You really are unstable.  I'm amazed at how you can go from one end of the spectrum to the other and back and claim to be all of them.  

Or the Ls in the loss column either.  

Quote:This franchise needs a lot more than just moral victories to right this ship. 

The rats usually leave the ship first.  Why are you still here? 

Quote:This franchise needs a lot more than just moral victories to right this ship. 

Perhaps the free agents we've already signed and the 11 draft picks will help. :wacko:

We played a good hand. They had trump card. They played trump card. Really as simple as that. 

But didn't you say you were happy they made the effort?  

This franchise needs to draft well and be responsible in free agency.  I think we have done that so far...  Still early though so certainly the story is still being written.

lol

Quote:Perhaps the free agents we've already signed and the 11 draft picks will help. :wacko:

Nah, overpaying for Alex Mack would have done it.  :yes:

Follow me on twitter @Demetrius82

Quote:The rats usually leave the ship first.  Why are you still here? 

I've suffered for 14 straight seasons.....whats the point of bailing now? 

Disappointment is the norm for being a Jags fan. #becausejaguars.