Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:JAGS: 42 million, BROWNS: 43 million, JAGS: 1 BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Listen, if we paid what it would take, then he would say we paid too much.  I mean my god, at some point you have to look in the mirror and ask yourself, "what's wrong with me".  I know philly fans are miserable, but that is why they are PHILLY fans.  I just can't imagine constantly being that negative all the time.  It isn't worth it.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I've suffered for 14 straight seasons.....whats the point of bailing now? 

Disappointment is the norm for being a Jags fan. #becausejaguars. 
Such a drama queen. You've suffered. 

I've been spending more in a year on season tickets than you've probably spent in total on your old logo Jaguar trucker hat and some 1995 t-shirt you found in a flea market.  I don't consider it suffering at all.  I consider it being part of the fan experience for ANY NFL fan regardless of the team.  Every team goes through their down times. 

Disappointment is not the norm for the Jaguar fans.  It's just part of the cycle.  You should be an expert on disappointment.  Look in a mirror.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Listen, if we paid what it would take, then he would say we paid too much.  

Tired of this LIE. 

How many times do I have to say it??? I'll NEVER have a problem with the Jags OVERPAYING for legit TOP 5 talent in free agency. 

The only players/ contracts I DO have a problem with is overpaying for AVERAGE which we have done in the past A LOT, such as with Pashos, Session, Landry, Porter, et al....on and on.

I can't wait for the draft so I can be informed of what else Caldwell did wrong.

#becauseTMD

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:That is where you have it wrong.  $1 or $2 million more would have been suffice just to make them think twice.  Even though we still wouldn't have gotten him that doesn't matter because he has to make up some scenario to complain. 

Making them think twice isn't good enough.  We needed to make them crap their pants, and the only way to do that is if Caldwell showed real moxy and offered $40 million guaranteed in the first 2 years.  He just doesn't have what it takes to be anything more than another disappointment. 

I'd love to chat a little longer, but my manager just found me hiding behind the frozen meat.  Those fries don't make themselves!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:05 PM by jackinblack.)

Quote:How many times do I have to say it??? I'll NEVER have a problem with the Jags OVERPAYING for legit TOP 5 talent in free agency. 
we were going to overpay for him, problem was the Browns had no problem overpaying for him too

there was no way they were going to let him walk

Quote:I can't wait for the draft so I can be informed of what else Caldwell did wrong.

#becauseTMD

Oh, it's coming. Don't worry. The groundwork is already being laid.

Quote:Listen, if we paid what it would take, then he would say we paid too much.  I mean my god, at some point you have to look in the mirror and ask yourself, "what's wrong with me".  I know philly fans are miserable, but that is why they are PHILLY fans.  I just can't imagine constantly being that negative all the time.  It isn't worth it.  

Philly fans are miserable because their teams constantly disappoint. If their teams actually had the success rate that the Canadiens/ Celtics/ Steelers/ and Yankees have, betcha they wouldn't be so miserable....

Every thread winds up with people arguing with TMD about TMD.  

Quote:Every thread winds up with people arguing with TMD about TMD.  

Problem child is a problem.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Every thread winds up with people arguing with TMD about TMD.  

I disagree....this thread could have ended with everyone happy (had the Jags prevailed and gotten Mack) ....well, other than the few Cleveland fans....but everyone is miserable because the Jags failed again. Thats the root. 

Quote:Problem child is a problem.

But people should realize by now that they are contributing to the problem.   Other people are feeding the fire. 

Quote:I can't believe you weren't consulted first.
They tried to pick his brain, but TMD's mom was tying up the phone calling a psychic hotline to find out when her 40 year old son will be moving out.

not sure what people are complaining about. We offered what is the top salary for that position. The Browns decided to match it, which was within their rights. Now they have the highest paid centre in football. I dont see what more we could have done. You cant ridiculously overpay for 1 position. The offer was obviously good. The Browns logically didnt want to lose a pro bowl player. We're targeting the right players. Mack obviously wanted to come here. We've made some brilliant moves in the offseason, we just got guzzuped on this one so we move on. 

Would have been fantastic to get him, but its over now. I'm looking forward to the draft. Are there any more centres available in free agency?

Quote:I disagree....this thread could have ended with everyone happy....well, other than the few Cleveland fans....but everyone is miserable because the Jags failed again. Thats the root. 
Nobody is miserable here.  The team swung for the fences, offering a center the biggest contract for that position in league history. It didn't pan out.  Life goes on.

The rest of the world sees this for what it is.  Since this board is literally the only place on the planet where you feel superior to anyone, this is all about you.  You think that since you're miserable, everyone else is as well.  I don't see anyone else but you in that state of mind.

If the numbers are true, I am somewhat glad that there isn't a 42+million dollar contract on the Jags books for a center. Yes he's good, and maybe the best at his position. However, once you set the bar in house, other players take notice. Don't think for a second that if Mack signed here and the Jags started racking up wins, that other players would use that contract to start negotiating theirs. What's the first thing their agents would say? "Well, if you're willing to pay a center a 42+million contract, then you should be willing to pay my player a 60+million dollar contract. That's how those things work.

I like what they did with guys like Marks last year. I have a feeling Hood will be this year's Marks.

I like the aggressiveness. I also am glad that up to this point that there has been fiscal responsibility. Despite what people like TMD are saying, that was a hell of an offer. Almost too much. That was the only deal that to me didn't look fiscally responsible, but I completely understand why they did it. I'm somewhat glad it didn't work out.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Philly fans are miserable because their teams constantly disappoint. If their teams actually had the success rate that the Canadiens/ Celtics/ Steelers/ and Yankees have, betcha they wouldn't be so miserable....

I think you underestimate miserable philly fans.  Their team has enjoyed more success then a lot of others...  But still miserable.  

Quote:I disagree....this thread could have ended with everyone happy (had the Jags prevailed and gotten Mack) ....well, other than the few Cleveland fans....but TMD is miserable because the Jags failed again. Thats the root. 

Fixed again.  

What does everyone think TMD looks like? I picture a 300lb Oscar the Grouch in a BK uniform. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Nobody is miserable here.  The rest of the world sees this for what it is.  Since this board is literally the only place on the planet where you feel superior to anyone, this is all about you.  You think that since you're miserable, everyone else is as well.  I don't see anyone else but you in that state of mind.

Well, he apparently has legions of fans.  No wonder his ego has gotten so big.