Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:It does drive me nuts that more people aren't results oriented on here. 

Being happy at a "perceived" direction of the team can easily be folly. 

I'll be happy once the results prove out that the so called "good direction" is accurate. 
It is a good direction dude. You are not smart nor willing enough to recognize it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I am fully convinced that this board (and possibly calling sports radio) is the only human interaction he gets.

Can we not just interact with the guy without making it about him?  

Quote:It does drive me nuts that more people aren't results oriented on here. 

Being happy at a "perceived" direction of the team can easily be folly. 

I'll be happy once the results prove out that the so called "good direction" is accurate. 

Says the guy that spent the second half of last season complaining about meaningless wins.

We get it. You have a schtick. For the many years the team stunk, it worked.

The franchise has turned a corner and is headed in the right direction.

That must drive you crazy. Once the team starts winning and competing for playoff spots, my guess is your appearances will dwindle on this board.

Quote:This is such a naive viewpoint on what is going to happen over the next several years.  You have absolutely no idea what Cleveland's situation is going to be over the next 5 years.  To act like you do is laughable. 

Unless they go Daniel Snyder bonkers in free agency, they won't be in bad shape at all, fiscally. 

Quote:So why would you be happy with the Mack signing?  Ultimately, you can't be happy until you see results.  We can't see results until season starts.  There are no guarantees on wins/losses regardless of who you sign.  Or you just doing what you always do and making this fit into your argument/agenda?

Adding top 5 level players at their position's IS results, or at least a means to them. 

Quote:Unless they go Daniel Snyder bonkers in free agency, they won't be in bad shape at all, fiscally. 

Again, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, but keep trying.  We'll just laugh harder at your feeble attempt to sound smart.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:26 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Adding top 5 level players at their position's IS results, or at least a means to them. 

No, that is perceived results.  We have no idea how he will actually do.  Again, you are just fitting this into your argument/agenda.  Try again.

So I'll ask you again.  If you will only be happy once the results prove out, then how can you be happy with the Mack signing?  

Quote:Says the guy that spent the second half of last season complaining about meaningless wins.

We get it. You have a schtick. For the many years the team stunk, it worked.

The franchise has turned a corner and is headed in the right direction.

That must drive you crazy. Once the team starts winning and competing for playoff spots, my guess is your appearances will dwindle on this board.

Nope.  He'll just have to work a little harder to find stuff to whine about.  No worries, he'll find SOMETHING.  He has to.  It's part of his genetic makeup to whine.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We got the bill for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a steak dinner.

Browns got a contract they never would have written.

Two years in and the Browns are still the Browns, he'll be out of town before the ink on his opt out dries.

In order of making out on the deal:

1.  Mack

2.  Jaguars

3.  Browns

If the Browns knew what they were doing in all this, it wouldn't have taken the Jaguars to force their hand and get Mack a deal.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The Jags had X amount of money left under the cap. Cleveland had more. Their owner said Mack WOULD be retained. This isn't rocket science.

There's no reason to turn this into a Jag failure unless you're just in the mood to be a horse's [BLEEP].

Everything is either a success or failure. 

If you get the player it would have been a success. We did not. Thus it was a failure. 

Maybe thats too black and white, but as said, NFL football is a results oriented business. 

NOT getting Mack ain't gonna help us in the win column next year...

Quote:Everything is either a success or failure. 

If you get the player it would have been a success. We did not. Thus it was a failure. 

Maybe thats too black and white, but as said, NFL football is a results oriented business. 

NOT getting Mack ain't gonna help us in the win column next year...

Yes, it is too black and white.  You add nothing else to the equation.  That is one hell of a narrow minded view of the world.  

Quote:TMD knows exactly what he is doing ytraM (damn, do you have to spell your name backwards  Smile).  This is why they call people trolls.  Ultimately trolls get banned which he has many times.  And trolls are good at doing just this.  Maybe he is a Jag fan, but you still would have a hard time convincing me he isn't a troll.

I used to be "Marty" but there was some kind of message board software update or something where I couldn't access that name because it was "in use."   Yeah, it's in use by ME.  But for some reason the software thought I was someone else and wouldn't let me use it.   So I reversed it.   Now I'd change it back if I could, but then I'd lose my all-important all-pro status.  

Maybe I'll just create a new account and start over at 0 with a decent name.  

Quote:Everything is either a success or failure.

So... which are you?

Honest answer.  For ONCE...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:TMD knows exactly what he is doing ytraM (damn, do you have to spell your name backwards  Smile).  This is why they call people trolls.  Ultimately trolls get banned which he has many times.  And trolls are good at doing just this.  Maybe he is a Jag fan, but you still would have a hard time convincing me he isn't a troll.

W/respect to TMD, he's habitually hungry and preys on the board to attain his daily fix... I mean daily nutrition...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Total bummer. Oh well

Quote:We got the bill for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a steak dinner.

Two years in and the Browns are still the Browns, he'll be out of town before the ink on his opt out dries.

1.  Mack

2.  Jaguars

3.  Browns

If the Browns knew what they were doing in all this, it wouldn't have taken the Jaguars to force their hand and get Mack a deal.

That's what I always wondered about.  If they were willing to match anything, as they were alleging, then why couldn't they negotiate a deal without us entering the picture?  

Quote:W/respect to TMD, he's habitually hungry and preys on the board to attain his daily fix... I mean daily nutrition...

NH3...

And you just fed him another morsel with that post.   If we could just stick to the subject of the thread, there would be 90% fewer posts on the subject of TMD.  

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No, that is perceived results.  We have no idea how he will actually do.  Again, you are just fitting this into your argument/agenda.  Try again.

So I'll ask you again.  If you will only be happy once the results prove out, then how can you be happy with the Mack signing?  

No, its (adding Mack) IS a bona fide improvement to the 53 man roster. Thats NOT just "perceived" results. 

Going after a player and still missing out on him, gives the aura of a perceived right direction, but until you actually LAND that player, nothing has been gained. 

Quote:We got the bill for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a steak dinner.

1. Mack

2. Jaguars

3. Browns

I wonder if the Browns FO will now be a bit sour over this. Like is it an a unwritten rule that you dont mess with another team's transition players?

Quote:I disagree....this thread could have ended with everyone happy (had the Jags prevailed and gotten Mack) ....well, other than the few Cleveland fans....but everyone is miserable because the Jags failed again. Thats the root. 
Who's miserable? You? I look at it as the Jaguars taking a swing for the fences, and Cleveland choosing to eat a huge contract with a no-trade clause and an opt-out rather than let us hit the home run.

Quote:You can't judge in this business off of "effort" only. Its a results oriented business, sorry to say. We simply didn't get it done. again. 
We didn't pay $42 million for a center, no. There is such a thing as paying too much, and if Caldwell had thrown $60 million over five years at Mack, we might've landed him, yeah, but how much is Mack costing us against the salary cap in 2016/2017 when we have to start signing guys to long-term deals?

The only team that didn't "get it done" was the Browns. They screwed the pooch by not franchising Mack, and now they're paying out their ears for a center who doesn't want to be in Cleveland and will bolt the second the opportunity arises.