Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Mack is better than Kalil and Kelce. He just got a contract that barely pays him more than they received. Yes. Market value. 

No I would not be whining had we gotten the player. That on you. I'll never whine about the Jags spending a lot to add top players at their positions (other than P, K, FB, or LS) 

Bull.  Whining is your life. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I am 6'2" and 252 pounds

I want to be bigger than a guy that is 6'6" and 284

I have failed.

Do you see how stupid that sounds? It's the exact same thing.

(dang, probably shouldn't have use my real height and weight though.... )

Not really the exact same thing. You had no "choice"/ "option" to be 6'6" 284...genetics predetermined you at your current height, and other than keeping yourself from getting crazy overweight - you have little say in the matter. 

The Jags had a choice to add more dollars to their offer but decided that what they offered was good enough to get it done. It wasn't. And judging by the swiftness of Cleveland's response matching, it wasn't even close to making the Browns have a second thought. IMO, thats failing if you are looking at this from a Jaguars perspective. 

Quote:Yes, that's what I don't understand.   All that bluster about how they would match anything immediately, as if he was refusing to negotiate a contract with them.   It's stupid.   Why send the guy out to negotiate with another team if you are already willing to match anything?  

Different front office.  Same clowns. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Bull.  Whining is your life. 

Whining is just the "schtick."  Deception (creating a false online persona) is the life.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Can we lock this thread now?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:52 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Better than being 2'6 and 252 haha
I've got a friend who's 5'10" 260, yet in decent shape somehow. We lovingly refer to him as a bowling ball.

I believe the best term for what you're describing is "pancake".

Quote:The Jags had a choice to add more dollars to their offer but decided that what they offered was good enough to get it done. It wasn't. And judging by the swiftness of Cleveland's response matching, it wasn't even close to making the Browns have a second thought. IMO, thats failing if you are looking at this from a Jaguars perspective. 
If the Jaguars had thrown $60M with $35M guaranteed at Mack, hypothetically enough to make the Browns pass, you'd be [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moaning about how we paid so much more for Mack than Kalil and Kelce got, when he's really not that much better.

The Browns were hoping that someone else would negotiate Mack's contract for them. That's why they threw him out with the transition tag instead of the franchise tag. The Jags wrote up a deal that would have been very favorable to them, given the likelihood of Mack staying all five years, and very unfavorable to the Browns given the odds that Mack walks in two. The Browns are just so desperate to avoid looking any more incompetent than they already do that they had no choice but to match it. This is not a success, but it certainly doesn't fall into the "failure" category.

I just thought about this because technically the match isn't official yet (past the 4:00 pm time frame). What if the Browns think over this over the weekend and change their mind? Any thoughts? lol I'm just thinking more into this when I shouldn't lol

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Not really the exact same thing. 

The Jags had a choice to add more dollars to their offer but decided that what they offered was good enough to get it done. It wasn't. And judging by the swiftness of Cleveland's response matching, it wasn't even close to making the Browns have a second thought. IMO, thats failing if you are looking at this from a Jaguars perspective. 

This is complete nonsense.

Cleveland made it clear they would match any offer.  We put one together making Mack the highest paid center in the league and they did exactly what they said they'd do.  That tells anyone with a functional IQ that there probably wasn't an amount that would have been high enough to cause them to walk away.  To say the deal wasn't enough when the Jags really did offer a significant contract for a player is just more of your typical "let me see what I can whine about, dig my heels in, and show everyone just how much smarter I am" maneuver.  In reality, you're proving beyond any shadow of a doubt just how clueless you actually are.  I know this is your schtick.  I know you have to be contrary to everyone else because that gets you more attention than actually being right on a subject. You don't even recognize how pathetic this is.  I can't even feel sorry for you. 

Quote:Can we lock this thread now?

No, we need a few dozen pages on whether TMD is too negative, and why or why not.  

It's part of the process. 

Quote:And you just fed him another morsel with that post.   If we could just stick to the subject of the thread, there would be 90% fewer posts on the subject of TMD.

And I see that you're continuing this trend...

Nevertheless, I agree w/your sentiment... On that note as I've previously stated I didn't wand the team to spend that kind of money on a center proven or not. I simply feel that we have our center of the future or we'll draft him. Not landing Mack will allow is to target additional players either this or the next few seasons...

Draft Well and Develop Well...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I just thought about this because technically the match isn't official yet (past the 4:00 pm time frame). What if the Browns think over this over the weekend and change their mind? Any thoughts? lol I'm just thinking more into this when I shouldn't lol

GO JAGS!!
It's a done deal.  The paperwork was probably already on it's way to the league offices before it was announced they were matching it.

Quote:Not really the exact same thing. You had no "choice"/ "option" to be 6'6" 284...genetics predetermined you at your current height, and other than keeping yourself from getting crazy overweight - you have little say in the matter. 

You completely missed the point. No matter how much the Jags had, the Browns had more. This concept is really simple if you let it be. The Browns had the ability to match or beat any Jag offer. The owner said they would do so. It was game, set, match at that point. You blame the Jags for not outbidding the Browns for Mack, yet they could not have done so. So, let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We might as well just keep this thread open as TMD's litterbox. Might help keep the other threads clean..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You completely missed the point. No matter how much the Jags had, the Browns had more. This concept is really simple if you let it be. The Browns had the ability to match or beat any Jag offer. The owner said they would do so. It was game, set, match at that point. You blame the Jags for not outbidding the Browns for Mack, yet they could not have done so. So, let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.
Well, now you've done it.  TMD's head just exploded.  Now there's glitter and feces all over the kitchen at the Newark Airport McDonalds.

Quote: 

If the Jaguars had thrown $60M with $35M guaranteed at Mack, hypothetically enough to make the Browns pass, you'd be [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moaning about how we paid so much more for Mack than Kalil and Kelce got, when he's really not that much better.

Except no one called for that above type of money to be spent. Not me, not anyone. I advised another 1 or 2 MIL per year through the life of the deal to make the decision more difficult for Cleveland. People assume that the Browns would have just matched that but I do not think it would have been a slam dunk for them to match that amount combined with the contract language we used. 

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 05:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:This is complete nonsense.

Cleveland made it clear they would match any offer.   

Of course they are going to SAY that. 

Its all part of the card game. 

I think an extra MIL or 2 Per year throughout the life of the deal would have been enough to make them pass. 

Quote:Except no one called for that above type of money to be spent. Not me, not anyone. I advised another 1 or 2 MIL per year through the life of the deal to make the decision more difficult for Cleveland. People assume that the Browns would have just matched that but I do not think it would have been a slam dunk for them to match that amount combined with the contract language we used. 
You assume that another $5-10M would have given the Browns one second more pause than $42M did.

"Asked what the Jaguars could have done within league rules to get the Browns not to match, the source said, 'Guarantee the whole deal for five years',"

Aka, the only way the Jags could have gotten Mack would have been to completely screw themselves in the process. No thanks.

Quote:Except no one called for that above type of money to be spent. Not me, not anyone. I advised another 1 or 2 MIL per year through the life of the deal to make the decision more difficult for Cleveland. People assume that the Browns would have just matched that but I do not think it would have been a slam dunk for them to match that amount combined with the contract language we used. 

Again, you've completely missed the point.  1 or 2 million wouldn't have made a difference any more than 10-20 more.  Cleveland said they'd match the offer.  Cleveland has more cap space than we do.  Cleveland could match any offer we could ever imagine.  More money wasn't going to change that. This notion of making them think twice would do what exactly?  Satisfy you?  They'd still match the offer.  Then what would you whine about?  They should have offered another 2-3 million?  Seriously.  Just stop.   You look dumber by the post.

Quote:You completely missed the point. No matter how much the Jags had, the Browns had more. This concept is really simple if you let it be. The Browns had the ability to match or beat any Jag offer. The owner said they would do so. It was game, set, match at that point. You blame the Jags for not outbidding the Browns for Mack, yet they could not have done so. So, let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

No I did "get" that point. 

I disagree with the notion that the Browns would have simply matched anything. There would have been a limit. The Browns played the card game well with their bravado of "claiming" to match anything, but had the Jags upped the ante a bit, I think you'd have seen the Browns fold.