Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:And I see that you're continuing this trend...

Nevertheless, I agree w/your sentiment... On that note as I've previously stated I didn't wand the team to spend that kind of money on a center proven or not. I simply feel that we have our center of the future or we'll draft him. Not landing Mack will allow is to target additional players either this or the next few seasons...

Draft Well and Develop Well...

NH3...

That's kind of the way I look at it.  We haven't lost a thing.  No cap space, no money, nothing.  We keep the money for the next free agent we want to target.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Browns played the card game well with their bravado of "claiming" to match anything, but had the Jags upped the ante a bit, I think you'd have seen the Browns fold. 
On what basis do you make that statement?

Quote:You assume that another $5-10M would have given the Browns one second more pause than $42M did.

Yep, added to the other stuff that was already included? Yep. 42 MIL isn't all that much more than the Kelce/ Kalil deals. now 50 MIL as the cumulative total would have been, 

We keep the money for getting Josh Gordan/Joe Haden/ Jordan Cameron next year LOL

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Quote:Of course they are going to SAY that. 

Its all part of the card game. 

I think an extra MIL or 2 Per year throughout the life of the deal would have been enough to make them pass. 

They matched the offer.  It wasn't a card game.  They did exactly what they said they'd do.  The only one here struggling to grasp this is a guy who works in a kitchen avoiding grease splatter.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:"Asked what the Jaguars could have done within league rules to get the Browns not to match, the source said, 'Guarantee the whole deal for five years',"

Aka, the only way the Jags could have gotten Mack would have been to completely screw themselves in the prostcess. No thanks.

They pretty much did everything they could within reason.

I'm proud they gave it all they had.  No other team was stepping up to the plate, and we did.  We went for it.

Bodes well for the future of the franchise that they're willing to go after it when they see an opportunity worth going after.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:That's kind of the way I look at it.  We haven't lost a thing.  No cap space, no money, nothing.  We keep the money for the next free agent we want to target.  

Except, you never know if a player of Mack's level (in his prime) is going to become available. They usually don't in FA. 

Quote:That's kind of the way I look at it.  We haven't lost a thing.  No cap space, no money, nothing.  We keep the money for the next free agent we want to target.  
We also now have more cap space than Cleveland, so we've go that going for us, which is nice.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Or agents, whether now or after the draft.

Quote:Except, you never know if a player of Mack's level (in his prime) is going to become available. They usually don't in FA. 

He'll likely be available again in two.  LOL...

Quote:Of course they are going to SAY that. 

Its all part of the card game. 

I think an extra MIL or 2 Per year throughout the life of the deal would have been enough to make them pass. 

We were not willing to pay that much for Alex Mack.   It's that simple.  

Quote:"Asked what the Jaguars could have done within league rules to get the Browns not to match, the source said, 'Guarantee the whole deal for five years',"

Aka, the only way the Jags could have gotten Mack would have been to completely screw themselves in the process. No thanks.

I don't believe them that it would have needed to go that far for them to not match. They're still playing poker, yet the hand is over. 

Quote:We also now have more cap space than Cleveland, so we've go that going for us, which is nice.

Too much positivity.. Must rage...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:We also now have more cap space than Cleveland, so we've go that going for us, which is nice.
I actually don't think that's true. Cleveland's 31 mil was with Mack's big transition tag counted already. It doesn't really change change their number significantly I don't think. 

Quote:I don't believe them that it would have needed to go that far for them to not match. They're still playing poker, yet the hand is over. 
Okay, so today you don't believe the media.  Yesterday, it was gospel.

Popsicle!

I kinda like the fact of Mack utilizing the Jaguars to negotiate his contract to which he knew they were goint to match...

The language is his and not Cleveland's...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:On what basis do you make that statement?

A better analogy would be the Jaguars artificially raised the pot using the Browns' chips, and Mack held the winning hand and took all their chips (the Jaguars losing none.)

Quote:He'll likely be available again in two.  LOL...

If Cleveland is winning at that point, don't count on it. 

Quote:If Cleveland is winning at that point, don't count on it. 
Cleveland will be breaking in a new head coach, maybe a new GM, by then.

Quote:No I did "get" that point. 

I disagree with the notion that the Browns would have simply matched anything. There would have been a limit. The Browns played the card game well with their bravado of "claiming" to match anything, but had the Jags upped the ante a bit, I think you'd have seen the Browns fold. 
They said they would match. They did.

My FACTS, win over your ASSUMPTIONS.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.