Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:And its been brought up time and again that no offer other than an absolutely RIDICULOUS one would have been enough to pry Mack from Cleveland.

Here are the facts:

1) Cleveland has more cap space than the Jags.

2) Cleveland is record stating that it would have taken a fully guaranteed 5 year contract for them to not match the offer.

No amount of ifs, ands, or buts will change what we know and what has happened. It was a nearly impossible feat.

Get over it.

Evidently, the difference between success and failure for a barstool diva is making them think twice.

There were multiple reports that Cleveland had to reevaluate after looking at the clauses in the deal. No doubt, those were communicated to them by Mack's agent once the draft was done. They still did as they said they would.

I'm not sure why the diva thinks an extra million or two was going to make a bit of difference. If the clauses in the deal didn't scare them off, a few extra coins in the deal for a team with more cap room than us wasn't going to change the outcome. The only one not accepting this is the poor victim, outraged "fan," and glittery diva.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why would we still have failed? That would have been a contract that totaled upwards of 50 MIL over the life of it, and the extra 1-2 MIL per might have been enough of a deterrent combined with the other contract language, to make the Browns pass. 

Yeah, I know the rhetoric/ posturing coming from the Browns camp is that "the deal needed to be fully guaranteed 5 years for them to not match", but I don't buy that for a second. The Browns are merely using that platform as a flimsy attempt to discourage the rest of the league ( should the Browns transition another player down the line), from going after one of theirs in the future....

Had they offered a $50 million contract for Mack and actually got him, you'd be howling that we overspent. Save the time denying it. Anyone who has been here more than 10 minutes knows your schtick. Whatever viewpoint gets you the most attention and allows you to play the victim. That's who you are.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 11:50 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Had they offered a $50 million contract for Mack and actually got him, you'd be howling that we overspent. Save the time denying it.

False, false, false. 100X false. .....and whats worse, you know it. 

I've consistent with my claim that I have zero issues overpaying legit top 5 talent in free agency. My issue with overpaying in free agency is aimed at players of the Tony Pashos/ Landry/ Session ilk. 

Quote:False, false, false. 100X false. .....and whats worse, you know it.

I've consistent with my claim that I have zero issues overpaying legit top 5 talent in free agency. My issue with overpaying in free agency is aimed at players of the Tony Pashos/ Landry/ Session ilk.
I need to put on my wading boots with all of the bovine excrement you're flinging here.

Keep clinging to decisions made 2 or 3 regimes ago. That has no bearing on the current group, but it's what you've got to do to play up the schtick.

The sun rises. The sun sets. The diva whines. The diva whines. The diva whines.

This deal was so horrible I have difficulty understanding why there is only one person showing this level of outrage.

Just remember, every silver lining has a dark cloud.

That's how the saying goes right?  Well for one of us.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote: 

Yeah, I know the rhetoric/ posturing coming from the Browns camp is that "the deal needed to be fully guaranteed 5 years for them to not match", but I don't buy that for a second. The Browns are merely using that platform as a flimsy attempt to discourage the rest of the league ( should the Browns transition another player down the line), from going after one of theirs in the future....

I needed to point out how you dismiss media reports that don't serve your agenda while marrying reports that do up to the point they turn out to be incorrect. You're so transparent it's laughable how pathetic you are.

Quote:This deal was so horrible I have difficulty understanding why there is only one person showing this level of outrage.

Just remember, every silver lining has a dark cloud.

That's how the saying goes right?  Well for one of us.

The guy working in a hairnet is the one convinced he's smarter than the people actually negotiating the deals.

If this is such a great deal for Cleveland, why didn't some other team before now try to sign Mack to a more outrageous contract that Cleveland wouldn't have matched?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 12:04 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If this is such a great deal for Cleveland, why didn't some other team before now try to sign Mack to a more outrageous contract that Cleveland wouldn't have matched?

How many other teams were as Center-needy as the Jags are at this moment?

I'd doubt it be many, if any. 

Quote:How many other teams were as Center-needy as the Jags are at this moment?

I'd doubt it be many, if any. 

The Packers?

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 12:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The Packers?

I don't think they are <b><i>as </i></b>Center-needy as us. 

Consider - they have an established QB, so the need for elite stability at the C position is less than a team that will be drafting/ developing a signal caller. 

They also aren't in the same mode we are about trying to make a "statement signing" - as we are trying to ascend from the proverbial ashes as a franchise. 

Plus, I'd doubt the Packers cap situation is as favorable as our current situation, or even close, really. 

The Packers situation is much more conduitive to just draft their replacement Center. 

Quote:And its been brought up time and again that no offer other than an absolutely RIDICULOUS one would have been enough to pry Mack from Cleveland.

Here are the facts:

1) Cleveland has more cap space than the Jags.

2) Cleveland is record stating that it would have taken a fully guaranteed 5 year contract for them to not match the offer.

No amount of ifs, ands, or buts will change what we know and what has happened. It was a nearly impossible feat.

Get over it.

#2 isn't a "fact". Its assertion/ rhetoric/ posturing from Cleveland which has motive to push that angle. (As I explained several times in recent pages of the thread) 

Quote:If this is such a great deal for Cleveland, why didn't some other team before now try to sign Mack to a more outrageous contract that Cleveland wouldn't have matched?

Because no other front office is as prone to outraging and disappointing their fans as the Jags. Duh!

Quote:#2 isn't a "fact". Its assertion/ rhetoric/ posturing from Cleveland which has motive to push that angle. (As I explained several times in recent pages of the thread) 

It has more evidence backing it up, than your own assertion.  

100 pages. Congrats guys.

All because everyone except one person understands why Mack is not a Jaguar and was almost certainly never going to be a Jaguar.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:#2 isn't a "fact". Its assertion/ rhetoric/ posturing from Cleveland which has motive to push that angle. (As I explained several times in recent pages of the thread)
There's nothing to indicate the Browns front office was just posturing here. That's just you spinning. We know they said they'd match any offer. We know they kept their word. There's no reason to think they were posturing here other than to serve your pathetic agenda.

Quote:100 pages. Congrats guys.

All because everyone except one person understands why Mack is not a Jaguar and was almost certainly never going to be a Jaguar.

Then what the hell was the whole point of wasting time on this player, if that was the case??

I don't share the same view. Mack could have been got. 

Now looking forward to either grabbing Stork, Martin or Swanny.. Any of those 3 and I'd be happy.. Lots of potential there...

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Then what the hell was the whole point of wasting time on this player, if that was the case??

I don't share the same view. Mack could have been got. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  We lost nothing by trying.

I don't think Mack could have been gotten without crippling our own cap situation.

Quote:Now looking forward to either grabbing Stork, Martin or Swanny.. Any of those 3 and I'd be happy.. Lots of potential there...

Richburg.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."