Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Raise The Jolly Roger! Polanco coming up big in his first week in the bigs!
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Raise The Jolly Roger! Polanco coming up big in his first week in the bigs!

Yeah, lets hope he keeps that high average going. 

TMD, no comments?

Quote:TMD, no comments?

Comments? For what?.....did Martinez get a base hit or something last night? rofl....

You're good for those kinda updates. 

TMD, I hope Polanco bats +.500 for you, with 50 homeruns, 75 rbi's, 25 stolen bases over the rest of the season and gets my team beat at some point. I'd be ok with that.

;

TMD, I asked what you think is a reasonable end of season stat projection for victor martinez.... I've asked twice. Why is it so hard to answer?

Quote:TMD, I hope Polanco bats +.500 for you, with 50 homeruns, 75 rbi's, 25 stolen bases over the rest of the season and gets my team beat at some point. I'd be ok with that.

Thats a sweet swing he has. 

Quote:TMD, I asked what you think is a reasonable end of season stat projection for victor martinez.... I've asked twice. Why is it so hard to answer?

Oh, sorry....I dunno.....maybe I just didn't care enough, so I missed it...lol....

If its that important though I'll give you my prediction soon....

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2014, 12:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:TMD, I asked what you think is a reasonable end of season stat projection for victor martinez.... I've asked twice. Why is it so hard to answer?

72 R

24 HR

82 RBI

2 SB

...and the above projection is with zero time on the DL. 

Quote: 

You are betting on Victor Martinez finishing outside the top 72...... that is laughable.

...Not when you factor age/ injury potential into it, which I am. 

He's 35 now and already doesn't have the best track record of health. 

He does benefit from being a DH, but lets not act as if older DH's also haven't gotten hurt before. 

Raise It! Raise The Jolly Roger! (Although the Buccos tried to give it away, again, for the 2nd night in a row, 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th, geez)

;

Martinez with another HR today, giving him 17. Unreal. Test that man for steroids!!!

Quote:.305

72 R

24 HR

82 RBI

2 SB

...and the above projection is with zero time on the DL. 

I d be absolutely shocked if Martinez doesn't hit over 30 HRs this season.  Guy is on a tear. 

Quote:I d be absolutely shocked if Martinez doesn't hit over 30 HRs this season.  Guy is on a tear. 

prolly juicing... Ninja 

Quote:prolly juicing... Ninja
Highly doubtful.

Quote:Highly doubtful.

Who knows anymore....Usually players don't start producing career years at 35 and up unless you're Barry Bonds.....ooops....

TMD is goinf to wrong about VMart so it must be VMart is taking steroids lol. It can't simply be that TMD was under rating VMart, because that is impossible.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 02:19 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

And TMD, when you go from the most difficult position to produce offensively (Catcher) to the easiest (DH), don't you think it's possible to have a better season? I do.... Most baseball experts do....

Quote:TMD is goinf to wrong about VMart so it must be VMart is taking steroids lol. It can't simply be that TMD was under rating VMart, because that is impossible.

Quote:And TMD, when you go from the most difficult position to produce offensively (Catcher) to the easiest (DH), don't you think it's possible to have a better season? I do.... Most baseball experts do....

better season? sure. 

Career year at 35 without artificial assistance??....eh, pardon my skepticism. 

He is finally 100% healthy and playing Designated Hitter rather than the most grueling position in sports (Catcher). God forbid he hits better lol.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/victor-ma...-comeback/

"Martinez has always had elite plate discipline and contact skills. This year, he’s figured out how to hit for power while actually improving his contact and plate discipline skills. Throw him a breaking pitch out of the strike zone and he just won’t swing at it. Throw him a fastball in the strike zone and he’ll make you pay. It’s tough to get Victor Martinez out. Almost every player in baseball would love to walk and hit dingers more often than they strike out. But only Victor Martinez, at 35, is actually doing it."

'But...but.... it HAS to be steroids because otherwise I have to admit I was wrong!" - The Mad Dog

Quote:Raise It! Raise The Jolly Roger! (Although the Buccos tried to give it away, again, for the 2nd night in a row, 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th, geez)

Won't be raising it today
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.