Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Quote:Pirates suck

Yup

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Raise It. Cutch is a stud.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Someone in the NL Central is going to get screwed come September.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 06:43 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Someone in the NL Central is going to get screwed come September.
I don't think I'd use the word screwed, but a good one is going to be at home, that is for sure. Still a lot of games left to play !

Right now only 3.5 separate first from fourth. Will be fun to watch in the second half. My Bucs got hot starting in May. Cooled off a bit the last two series which sucked, but they made up a ton of ground.

The Brewers have really stumbled and let the pack back close in on them.

;

Quote:I don't think I'd use the word screwed, but a good one is going to be at home, that is for sure. Still a lot of games left to play !

Right now only 3.5 separate first from fourth. Will be fun to watch in the second half. My Bucs got hot starting in May. Cooled off a bit the last two series which sucked, but they made up a ton of ground.

The Brewers have really stumbled and let the pack back close in on them.
Brewers were playing over their heads.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Brewers were playing over their heads.
I lean that way too, but man was it impressive while it lasted.

;

I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off.

Quote:I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off.
They already have. Their starting pitchers aren't all that good. Peralta and Lohse aren't horrible but they really aren't number 1's. Garza is about as inconsistent as you can get and Estrada just got pulled from the rotation.

I just don't see them having the hosses to sustain.

Now look at it from the other point of view.

Milwaukee no-longer has to deal with Estrada's ineptness in the rotation. Instead, they brought up elite prospect Jimmy Nelson. His floor is higher than anything Estrada was doing.

One of Milwaukee's best players is Jean Segura and he has been downright awful this year. If he picks up his game it will help cover regression elsewhere.

Now I'm not saying that Milwaukee will be pushing for the #1 overall seed, but they will be in the playoff race to the end of it.

Quote:Now look at it from the other point of view.

Milwaukee no-longer has to deal with Estrada's ineptness in the rotation. Instead, they brought up elite prospect Jimmy Nelson. His floor is higher than anything Estrada was doing.

One of Milwaukee's best players is Jean Segura and he has been downright awful this year. If he picks up his game it will help cover regression elsewhere.

Now I'm not saying that Milwaukee will be pushing for the #1 overall seed, but they will be in the playoff race to the end of it.
It's hard to say if Segura is one of the Brewers best players or not. Overall, he had really good numbers last year but was on a downward trend after the break. And last year was his only full year so I don't know what to make of him. This year could really be what they are going to get out of him. Add this year's production to his family problems and who knows what you'll get the second half.

Aramis Ramirez is always hurt. Braun is starting to get nicked up now that he isn't roiding. Gomez is the most consistent.

Granted Nelson could be a future stud, but a pennant race might not be the best time to find out.

We'll see. I think they have a lot of question marks myself.

Quote:It's hard to say if Segura is one of the Brewers best players or not. Overall, he had really good numbers last year but was on a downward trend after the break. And last year was his only full year so I don't know what to make of him. This year could really be what they are going to get out of him. Add this year's production to his family problems and who knows what you'll get the second half.

Aramis Ramirez is always hurt. Braun is starting to get nicked up now that he isn't roiding. Gomez is the most consistent.

Granted Nelson could be a future stud, but a pennant race might not be the best time to find out.

We'll see. I think they have a lot of question marks myself.

Who in the Central doesn't?

Quote:I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off.
What have you been paying attention to? They have been free falling.

;

Quote:What have you been paying attention to? They have been free falling.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:What have you been paying attention to? They have been free falling.

I'm aware. I think the team is good enough to stay in contention, though. I'm not a Brewers fan so I don't care to argue it too much, so I'll just post this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_...api_public

Quote:I'm aware. I think the team is good enough to stay in contention, though. I'm not a Brewers fan so I don't care to argue it too much, so I'll just post this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_...api_public
You can make a case for virtually anything in this world. A case can be made for four teams right now to win the central.

;

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2014, 04:38 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:You can make a case for virtually anything in this world. A case can be made for four teams right now to win the central.

Just because the NL Central is a close race doesn't mean the Brewers are a lock to continue their free-fall. This All-Star break came at a good time for Mil.

Quote:Just because the NL Central is a close race doesn't mean the Brewers are a lock to continue their free-fall. This All-Star break came at a good time for Mil.
No one suggested the free fall will continue. Here is what I know, and here is what is fact.

12-13 last 25 games. When you look at current record, that says a lot. Finished July 2-10. If that's not a free fall, then I don't know what and "you are not very bright" if you think it's not.

;

All I said is that "I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off", as in they are not going to fall out of contention. I'm not sure why you took issue to that.

This thread is similar to many others on this board...

I was happy to see McCutchen play well last night.  Jeter going 2 for 3 was good too.  The Jeter content got to be a bit much by the end of the night, but it was good.

The commercial was great, gave me chills.  When the crowd started chanting Jeter and then stopped when he went up to bat, a guy started yelling overrated....and then he got the hit.  It was perfect timing.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 09:35 AM by TravC59.)

You covered both bases, so how can anyone argue...good on you.

;