Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Trav, can you explain to me what the issue even is

I tried to be clear from the get go what my stance on Milwaukee is. I think they are a decent team that was playing over their head. I realized they were in a free fall mode, but thought they were good enough to right the ship. I think Milwaukee will be in the playoff discussion to the end but if I had to pick my 5 NL teams, Milwaukee would just miss the cut. Regardless,I think they will be in the discussion and not "fall off". That's all I was saying earlier and that's still how I feel.

Every point someone has to make doesn't need to be an argument, which is why I tried to clear up what I meant right away.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Now I'm not saying that Milwaukee will be pushing for the #1 overall seed, but they will be in the playoff race to the end of it.

This is what I've said repeatedly in every one of my posts, so I'm not seeing where the issue is.

Milwaukee has a .500 level roster. If they play .500 ball from here on out that puts their final record at 87 and 75. That, to me, isn't falling off and that's roughly what I see happening.

Can we trust that the Milwaukee-semantics-argument is settled and move on, now?

Someone learned a new word today.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Raise The Jolly Roger !

;

Quote:I'm glad you at least are admitting to the fact that the Brewers are currently in free fall mode now.

Looks like our free fall has ceased. Hopefully we can sweep the Reds tomorrow.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 09:46 AM by Deacon.)

O's have taken the first two from Anaheim. This West coast trip really had me worried, but they've won three of their last five against Oakland and Anaheim.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The Rays are on a tear. Only 5 games back of Seattle.

And Price might be the hottest pitcher in baseball right now. And no, they are not trading him.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 08:48 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Looks like our free fall has ceased. Hopefully we can sweep the Reds tomorrow.
I need Lucroy to catch fire again. He was really hitting well and recently has slumped off. The rest of them can suck, that won't bother me Big Grin

A sure fire way to get him going was for me to sit him yesterday. It worked. 2 runs, 2 RBI's, batted .500, 2 HR's, one a walk off.

;

Quote:Raise The Jolly Roger !

2.5 games out of 1st.

2 games ahead of the Reds.

I'm actually flying up to Pittsburgh today -- arriving at 7:30pm.   Wish I could fit the game in tonight.

Quote:2.5 games out of 1st.

2 games ahead of the Reds.

I'm actually flying up to Pittsburgh today -- arriving at 7:30pm.   Wish I could fit the game in tonight.
Yea, getting in at 7:30'ish will make it tough.

;

Quote:I need Lucroy to catch fire again. He was really hitting well and recently has slumped off. The rest of them can suck, that won't bother me Big Grin

A sure fire way to get him going was for me to sit him yesterday. It worked. 2 runs, 2 RBI's, batted .500, 2 HR's, one a walk off.

Keep sitting him! :thumbsup:

Series win against the Dodgers. Raise it!
;

Strasburg... >.<

I have him on my fantasy team, so I know how he's been all season, which is super inconsistent.

TMD, I'm beginning to think you might be right about him.

Quote:All I said is that "I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off", as in they are not going to fall out of contention. I'm not sure why you took issue to that.

Good call.

Quote: 

I swear that works for me too....

Whenever I want a certain player to start doing well, I just sit him in my fantasy league so I don't get credit for that days stats. 

Uncanny how many times it seems to work. 

Quote:Strasburg... >.<

I have him on my fantasy team, so I know how he's been all season, which is super inconsistent.

TMD, I'm beginning to think you might be right about him.

Yep, I wasn't just blowing smoke. Strasburg sucks this year. Its merely calling a spade a spade. His WHIPs is garbage this season for an alleged "Ace".  He's giving up WAYYYYY too many hits. 

Yup, TMD has gotten my respect for a few of his calls this year.

Dan Uggla stinkin' up the joint in San Francisco.

Raise it !!!   --- just got back from the Burgh.  Perhaps I jinxed them while I was up there !!!

Quote:Raise it !!!   --- just got back from the Burgh.  Perhaps I jinxed them while I was up there !!!
Disappointing series over the weekend after the couple good ones out of the break. Finished with a win though,

;