Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:That's a lot of Raisin Bran and Raisinets.  I love Raisinets.

If you want some let me know.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm in Prague.

Beautiful city, plenty of beer.

Quote:Beautiful city, plenty of beer.

MMMMMmmmmmm.  

[Image: Krusovice-Imperial.jpg]

Quote:If you want some let me know.

Your not talking about raisins anymore are you?

[Image: PBS_zpsfffa5eb4.jpg]

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Why do Q-Tips bounce out of the trash can almost every time?

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 11:51 AM by The Drifter.)

Quote:Why do Q-Tips bounce out of the trash can almost every time?

Mine never do

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 10:45 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:Mine never do
Well, your a better man than I. Mine do some weird stuff when I attempt to toss them into the trash can. Without fail, they end up doing that "once in a million times" type of things. EVERY time!!! I toss it, it hits something inside the trash can, changes trajectory and velocity, defies gravity and breaks two or three of the laws of physics and falls in that area between the toilet and wall. You know, that spot where you just look at it for a second and contemplate on leaving it. Then, you think, "will wife pick that up when she cleans?" Sure, you leave that one. Then it happens again, and again. "Will I hear it from her if I leave it?" Awe, damn it! I better pick it up.

Or perhaps your just a bit less ambitious than I and your dropping it in from a shorter distance. Me? I'm bozo bucketing those things from 8 feet or so. My aim is on point. Maybe your not using Q-Tip brand? There are many factors involved I'm sure. Surely I'm not alone in this. Those things, I'm convinced, have a mind of their own.

Quote:Then, you think, "will wife pick that up when she cleans?" Sure, you leave that one. Then it happens again, and again. "Will I hear it from her if I leave it?" Awe, damn it! I better pick it up.

Sounds like me contemplating how many dirty dishes left in the sink will be "acceptable."  Cause, you know that one too many will release the "hormonal Kraken."

On a current note:  I ate too much and now my dog and I are in a butt gas contest.  She's winning, but not by much. I think she's trying to get back at me for bathing her yesterday. 

Quote:[Image: PBS_zpsfffa5eb4.jpg]
Oh, this is brilliant.  ^

For the past three days I had no pressing work deadlines and no gigs.  I have lived the Danny Donkey dream. Three glorious days of couch lazing and beer swilling.  I have about two hours left to relish in the waning hours of my Danny Donkey stay-cation. The morning brings eminent work and greater responsibilities. Damn you, real life!!

Danny Donkey for president. 

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 11:10 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:Sounds like me contemplating how many dirty dishes left in the sink will be "acceptable." Cause, you know that one too many will release the "hormonal Kraken."

On a current note: I ate too much and now my dog and I are in a butt gas contest. She's winning, but not by much. I think she's trying to get back at me for bathing her yesterday.
Lol. I've made a deal (I've made quite clear) to my wife that I do not do dishes! I'll dust, vacuum, laundry, clean bathroom but NO dishes! Why? iDK. Just how I am. If something is dirty and I need it to cook, I tell my step son to wash it. I'm not dumb enough to ask wife to wash it.

But gas contests. It's nice finding new ways to bond with our family, yes, I include our dogs in our family. One of our dogs, a Siberian husky, she I don't think ever has butt gas. Her poop doesn't smell(that I notice). Our new puppy.... Whoa! Different story there! She killed a fly. No joke. Not only do her toots stink up to high hell, but her little "fudgies" are the worst. She'll do the doo and flies are on it before it leaves her little puppy anus. A fly was doing its little fly thing one time on a fresh warm nugget she extruded while she was mustering up another. As that second one fell, it landed on that fly, forever encasing that thing in that rank hot stank. Ugh. But, she brings so much joy to me. It's well worth it. She's adorable and has tons of personality. Plus, she is learning all the stuff mommy and daddy are teaching her. She's a good pup.

Quote:Lol. I've made a deal (I've made quite clear) to my wife that I do not do dishes! I'll dust, vacuum, laundry, clean bathroom but NO dishes! Why? iDK. Just how I am. If something is dirty and I need it to cook, I tell my step son to wash it. I'm not dumb enough to ask wife to wash it.

But gas contests. It's nice finding new ways to bond with our family, yes, I include our dogs in our family. One of our dogs, a Siberian husky, she I don't think ever has butt gas. Her poop doesn't smell(that I notice). Our new puppy.... Whoa! Different story there! She killed a fly. No joke. Not only do her toots stink up to high hell, but her little "fudgies" are the worst. She'll do the doo and flies are on it before it leaves her little puppy anus. A fly was doing its little fly thing one time on a fresh warm nugget she extruded while she was mustering up another. As that second one fell, it landed on that fly, forever encasing that thing in that rank hot stank. Ugh. But, she brings so much joy to me. It's well worth it. She's adorable and has tons of personality. Plus, she is learning all the stuff mommy and daddy are teaching her. She's a good pup.
Haha. That's funny stuff. What kind of dog is the new pup? 

Quote:Haha. That's funny stuff. What kind of dog is the new pup?
She's a pit bull, actually an American staffordshire. Pit bull is actually a broad term that encompasses a few breeds. But, for all purposes, pit bull. We had some reservations before getting her. But after much research have found that the breed is just fine. It's the owners that have brought a bad name to the breed. We found a reputable breeder and found that that breed was perfect for our lifestyle. The only thing that sucks is we found out that, apparently, the week we got her, my wife and I conceived a baby. Had we known that, we wouldn't have gotten another dog. We actually got the dog with the " we aren't having kids" mindset. Guess what!!!! Surprise!

Quote:She's a pit bull, actually an American staffordshire. Pit bull is actually a broad term that encompasses a few breeds. But, for all purposes, pit bull. We had some reservations before getting her. But after much research have found that the breed is just fine. It's the owners that have brought a bad name to the breed. We found a reputable breeder and found that that breed was perfect for our lifestyle. The only thing that sucks is we found out that, apparently, the week we got her, my wife and I conceived a baby. Had we known that, we wouldn't have gotten another dog. We actually got the dog with the " we aren't having kids" mindset. Guess what!!!! Surprise!
Surprises can be good.  Congratultions. 

My parents adopted a Staffordshire that is a real sweetheart.  With humans, anyway. Not so much with other animals.  But she lived through some ugly stuff before my parents adopted her.  When raised with love, the breed seems to respond in kind. 

We adopted a Beagle/Walker Coonhound mix. She's 9 and she just went blind. (Hereditary glaucoma.)  Maybe we should have a pet thread? 

Yes, she's a "pitbull". I'd say she'd never hurt a fly but.... I can't exactly say that...if she kills another fly she would then be considered a repeat offender.

Quote:Surprises can be good.  Congratultions. 

My parents adopted a Staffordshire that is a real sweetheart.  With humans, anyway. Not so much with other animals.  But she lived through some ugly stuff before my parents adopted her.  When raised with love, the breed seems to respond in kind. 

We adopted a Beagle/Walker Coonhound mix. She's 9 and she just went blind. (Hereditary glaucoma.)  Maybe we should have a pet thread?

Thanks! We are excited, actually did some baby shopping today. It's pretty fun and still feels unreal.

We looked at the local pet adoption places and they seem to be filled with pits. Some obviously have been abused and were not worth the risk. Part of me wanted to adopt them all and give them a good home. One was actually feature on the news as being one that was dragged behind a truck. It's sad what some people do to pits ( or animals in general). We decided against one of those for the "what if" factor. Still wish we could have save them though. Even going the responsible route we had to switch our home owners insurance as our old company would not cover the breed. It's sad. Pits want love. That's all.

Got me some pork ribs soked in Apple Whiskey sauce on the grill, should be ready soon..........

Uh, oh.  It looks like Blake Bortles has a night job.

Quote:Uh, oh.  It looks like Blake Bortles has a <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-sought-in-attempted-sexual-assault-on-westside/27933844'>night job</a>.

That's funny. Err... You know what I mean. The look a like, not the story

Can we make "Danny Donkey Stay-Cation" a thing? As in, I'll ask NYC what he's up to this weekend and he just replies "oh, you know. Doing the Danny Donkey thing."

I think that needs to happen.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!