Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(11-08-2017, 04:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 04:50 PM)Rico Wrote: If you ever have a choice on whether to get a bladder infection, turn it down.

Trust me on this...

You chose to get a bladder infection?? You need to make better choices.

Let's just say I never thought I'd see blood where I saw it.

I was close to running around the house shrieking like a girl.

Actually, I'm still damn close to that every time I 'go'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2017, 05:02 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 04:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You chose to get a bladder infection?? You need to make better choices.

Let's just say I never thought I'd see blood where I saw it.

I was close to running around the house shrieking like a girl.

Actually, I'm still damn close to that every time I 'go'.

Stop drinking anything, then you won’t have to pee again. Duh.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Ugh. This week is dragggging. Vacation starts at 3:00 on Friday afternoon for nine, wonderful, days off.

Not that I'm counting.

(11-15-2017, 08:57 AM)Rico Wrote: Ugh.  This week is dragggging.  Vacation starts at 3:00 on Friday afternoon for nine, wonderful, days off.

Not that I'm counting.
Are you healing up OK?

(11-15-2017, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 08:57 AM)Rico Wrote: Ugh.  This week is dragggging.  Vacation starts at 3:00 on Friday afternoon for nine, wonderful, days off.

Not that I'm counting.
Are you healing up OK?

Yeah.  Actually started feeling pretty normal mid-Saturday.  Enough so where I had my first beer(s) at the game Sunday.

That glorious moment when you thought you were out of beer but found out you still had a tinnie in the fridge.

Not that I'm counting.

My vacation just ended. And it’s sucks every bit as much as I’d imagined.

It's Friday.

I'm on vacation at 3:00.

Now I just have to find a nice quiet conference room to go sleep in for a few hours.

(11-17-2017, 07:23 AM)Rico Wrote: It's Friday.  

Now I just have to find a nice quiet conference room to go sleep in for a few hours.

I'm already on day 2.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-17-2017, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 07:23 AM)Rico Wrote: It's Friday.  

I'm already on day 2.

Where to?

The nerve of these people. They actually want me to do work while I'm here.

(11-17-2017, 10:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm already on day 2.

Where to?

We're in Orlando for a few family days before the holidays start and I have to deal with the all the rest of the family that I don't like.  Ninja
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I hope I can still logon in Pennsylvania. Do they have the interwebs up there?

(11-17-2017, 03:46 PM)Rico Wrote: I hope I can still logon in Pennsylvania.  Do they have the interwebs up there?

[Image: tenor.gif]

(11-17-2017, 10:19 AM)Rico Wrote: The nerve of these people.  They actually want me to do work while I'm here.

Where’s Rico vacationing?

(11-17-2017, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 10:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Where to?

We're in Orlando for a few family days before the holidays start and I have to deal with the all the rest of the family that I don't like.  Ninja

Disney, or is that completely played out for y’all back there?

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 08:18 AM by homebiscuit.)

I ordered an item from Amazon with 2 day delivery since I’m a prime member. It was supposed to be delivered by 8:00 last night. The delivery didn’t happen but I get a notification from Amazon saying that they’re sorry and if the item doesn’t show up in 3 more days then contact them. I love the defeatist attitude; if it isn’t there lickety split, then whenever.

(11-18-2017, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I ordered an item from Amazon with 2 day delivery since I’m a prime member. It was supposed to be delivered by 8:00 last night. The delivery didn’t happen but I get a notification from Amazon saying that they’re sorry and if the item doesn’t show up in 3 more days then contact them. I love the defeatist attitude; if it isn’t there lickety split, then whenever.

I order a decent amount from Amazon.  That’s happened a few times.  Really aggravating indeed.  What’s even more is the rare times I pay for next day and it’s late.   

I know that sounds bad.  But 99.99 percent of the time they’re on time or early.  Didn’t want to sound like I’m bashing Amazon.

(11-18-2017, 08:43 AM)Jags Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I ordered an item from Amazon with 2 day delivery since I’m a prime member. It was supposed to be delivered by 8:00 last night. The delivery didn’t happen but I get a notification from Amazon saying that they’re sorry and if the item doesn’t show up in 3 more days then contact them. I love the defeatist attitude; if it isn’t there lickety split, then whenever.

I order a decent amount from Amazon.  That’s happened a few times.  Really aggravating indeed.  What’s even more is the rare times I pay for next day and it’s late.   

I know that sounds bad.  But 99.99 percent of the time they’re on time or early.  Didn’t want to sound like I’m bashing Amazon.

I can't complain either, which is why I didn't put this in the Trivial Annoyances thread. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I can recall it happening. Whether I receive the item today or Wednesday is of no big consequence, but the seeming 'oh well' attitude is a little curious.

(11-17-2017, 03:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 10:19 AM)Rico Wrote: The nerve of these people.  They actually want me to do work while I'm here.

Where’s Rico vacationing?

(11-17-2017, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We're in Orlando for a few family days before the holidays start and I have to deal with the all the rest of the family that I don't like.  Ninja

Disney, or is that completely played out for y’all back there?

I have small kids in the house so Disney is an easy get away.

(11-18-2017, 09:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 08:43 AM)Jags Wrote: I order a decent amount from Amazon.  That’s happened a few times.  Really aggravating indeed.  What’s even more is the rare times I pay for next day and it’s late.   

I can't complain either, which is why I didn't put this in the Trivial Annoyances thread. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I can recall it happening. Whether I receive the item today or Wednesday is of no big consequence, but the seeming 'oh well' attitude is a little curious.

Yeah, I found that to be odd too.  On one hand it’s “free” shipping, on the other hand it’s not free when I pay you 99 a year.  Then you have the issue of whether it’s their fault or the courier’s fault.  It is what it is I guess.  The one time I ordered next day and it was late was due to hurricane Matthew.   Certainly can’t complain about that.  Still frustrating.