Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-02-2018, 10:39 AM)Rico Wrote: I survived the horrid 49 degree conditions.  The game sucked.  But the firepit, booze, and snacks were great.

Hate to see you guys here in Maryland. We've been in a deep freeze for over a week. It's like 14 right now............
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2018, 12:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 10:39 AM)Rico Wrote: I survived the horrid 49 degree conditions.  The game sucked.  But the firepit, booze, and snacks were great.

Hate to see you guys here in Maryland. We've been in a deep freeze for over a week. It's like 14 right now............

I lived in PA for 27 years.  The above was sarcasm.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Pretty cold out there walking this morning. Reminded of the 'good old days' when I'd go skiing and get 'ice boogers'.

On Tuesday it was colder in Jacksonville than it was in Anchorage Alaska...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Man it's only 14F here right now, feels like 2F, with the wind chill we are easily below 0. And it's not supposed to get better anytime soon
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Can you guys turn on the heat tomorrow? 

I’m going to have to go hoodie shopping.

(01-06-2018, 03:25 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Can you guys turn on the heat tomorrow? 

You coming over for the game? Yeah, you’re going to be cold.

(01-06-2018, 03:42 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 03:25 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Can you guys turn on the heat tomorrow? 

You coming over for the game? Yeah, you’re going to be cold.

I’m here! 

It’s not that bad, pretty similar to Fresno actually. I was just hoping to wear shorts haha.

(01-06-2018, 03:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 03:42 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You coming over for the game? Yeah, you’re going to be cold.

I’m here! 

It’s not that bad, pretty similar to Fresno actually. I was just hoping to wear shorts haha.

You can still wear them..you’ll just be really cold.  Big Grin

So, I had a phone call as I arrived at work from my ex this morning saying that she thought my son (7) had a seizure and that she had called an ambulance.

Luckily, I work in the Ambulance Control Room where this call was received so I could see the call coming in. I'm very very good friends with the attending crew which put my mind at rest. I managed to be released from work to go see him. I'm pleased to say that he was left at home with a view to see his Doctor on Monday. It was really strange and emotional to see an emergency call with my sons name on it.. but thankfully he's ok!

I'm so grateful for the service my job provides. I know that this was not as sinister as first thought, but it certainly put a lot of things in perspective for me.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Glad your boy is okay!!

Heart 

(01-06-2018, 10:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Glad your boy is okay!!

Thank you!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I don't want to make anybody too jealous...but I got a new circular saw today.

(01-06-2018, 01:32 PM)Rico Wrote: I don't want to make anybody too jealous...but I got a new circular saw today.

Today you are a man.

(01-06-2018, 01:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 01:32 PM)Rico Wrote: I don't want to make anybody too jealous...but I got a new circular saw today.

Today you are a man.

[Image: ron-swanson-woodwork.gif?itok=X5BnriH9]
This makes me happy.

(01-06-2018, 01:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Today you are a man.

I'd do my best Tim Allen grunting but I don't know how to convey it and I'm too lazy to attach a GIF.

(01-06-2018, 05:09 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 03:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I’m here! 

You can still wear them..you’ll just be really cold.  Big Grin

And Florida cold is different than any other cold I have felt. I guess it's a damp cold or something, but when it gets cold here, it gets COLD!
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-06-2018, 05:59 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 05:09 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You can still wear them..you’ll just be really cold.  Big Grin

And Florida cold is different than any other cold I have felt. I guess it's a damp cold or something, but when it gets cold here, it gets COLD!

While in Alaska, two people told me on different occasions that the coldest they've ever been was in Florida. I was in Fairbanks, which has almost no wind and low humidity in the winter. They characterized the Florida cold as damp and bone-chilling, especially when there's wind.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 09:44 AM by RicoTx.)

Tailgated with SenorFantastico yesterday.  Had a good time as always and he fit right in with our group.  Seems like a genuinely good guy...but he does get along with NYC so I'll reserve final judgement.

Hope your walk back to the river taxi was uneventful, SF.  You probably got there before we got out of traffic.

(01-08-2018, 09:05 AM)Rico Wrote: Tailgated with SenorFantastico yesterday.  Had a good time as always and he fit right in with our group.  Seems like a genuinely good guy...but he does get along with NYC so I'll reserve final judgement.

Hope your walk back to the river taxi was uneventful, SF.  You probably got there before we got out of traffic.

Clearly, he can't be trusted.