Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-18-2018, 09:54 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Thank you.

She has several cysts that are growing rapidly despite every attempt to slow them down. One of them is beginning to affect her mobility and she is responding badly to a liver medication designed to help slow the cyst growth.

Removing the cysts via surgery isn't an option due to her age and heart instability  - probably won't wake from anesthesia.  The cysts would likely grow right back anyway. They are a response to her poor liver function and her body attempts to detoxify her blood through her skin - resulting in big lumps under her fur.

Suuuuuucks....

Both of mine are starting to get up in age and I don't like to think about it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-18-2018, 10:17 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 09:54 AM)Deacon Wrote: Suuuuuucks....

Both of mine are starting to get up in age and I don't like to think about it.

Tough to find exactly where to draw the line on ending her suffering because she's so stoic and doesn't outwardly express pain or discomfort.  But if she is still having a hard time getting up and down to go relieve herself or eat by  this time tomorrow, I'll have to schedule her final trip to the vet.  

OK - enough downer talk. Anyone got fun plans this weekend?  I'm going to get paid about 70% of what I should to perform on Friday and Saturday at fancy wedding parties. So - I've got that going for me. I intend to make up the difference by devouring copious amounts of wedding cake and quaffing whiskey.

(04-18-2018, 08:06 AM)Rico Wrote: I bowled a 760 last night.  A seven [BLEEP] sixty.

On a somewhat related note, I believe I may have been sweating pure beer and tequila when I was out doing my morning walk.

But hey, you did it without the bumpers this time!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-18-2018, 11:32 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 08:06 AM)Rico Wrote: I bowled a 760 last night.  A seven [BLEEP] sixty.

On a somewhat related note, I believe I may have been sweating pure beer and tequila when I was out doing my morning walk.

But hey, you did it without the bumpers this time!

I still need bumpers to walk on occasion.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Going on my first and probably only blimp ride in a few weeks. Got the invite to ride the Goodyear blimp should be pretty cool but we gotta drive to Pompano Beach somewhere around Miami it sounds like?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-18-2018, 07:11 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Going on my first and probably only blimp ride in a few weeks. Got the invite to ride the Goodyear blimp should be pretty cool but we gotta drive to Pompano Beach somewhere around Miami it sounds like?

Sweet!  When are you in Pompano?  I'm working a seafood festival down there at the end of the month.

(04-18-2018, 09:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 07:11 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Going on my first and probably only blimp ride in a few weeks. Got the invite to ride the Goodyear blimp should be pretty cool but we gotta drive to Pompano Beach somewhere around Miami it sounds like?

Sweet!  When are you in Pompano?  I'm working a seafood festival down there at the end of the month.

I'm assuming it launches from some private airport in pompano I've never been there before. I just got notice that's where our flight launches from yesterday. I'll be driving down from Bostwick which is just south of Green cove springs north of Palatka.

I've decided that working really sucks.

Unfortunately there's this money thing associated with it...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-19-2018, 07:53 AM)Rico Wrote: I've decided that working really sucks.

Unfortunately there's this money thing associated with it...

You're right, work does suck. When I want to avoid it, I go to my job. If I screw around and stay at home, well, there's work to do there.

Speaking of working, my rig broke down 3 times today, with unrelated issues. I got 2.5 rows done.

I'm feeling a bit salty about it.

So my baby girl has decided to keep us waiting.. she's currently 9 days overdue and I have a very uncomfortable and emotional wife..

I get paternity leave, but not much so it's not like I can take it until the baby comes otherwise it's just a waste and I get no time with her.. so here I am on a 12 hour night shift... yay for me.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(04-20-2018, 02:28 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So my baby girl has decided to keep us waiting.. she's currently 9 days overdue and I have a very uncomfortable and emotional wife..

I get paternity leave, but not much so it's not like I can take it until the baby comes otherwise it's just a waste and I get no time with her.. so here I am on a 12 hour night shift... yay for me.

Because girls are never on time. She’s still getting ready.

(04-21-2018, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:28 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So my baby girl has decided to keep us waiting.. she's currently 9 days overdue and I have a very uncomfortable and emotional wife..

Not just girls. My son was two weeks late...they had to practically pry him out!!  Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because girls are never on time. She’s still getting ready.

Not just girls. My son was two weeks late...they had to practically pry him out!!  Tongue

Is that why your BBQ tongs smell funny?

I’m living it right now. We were supposed to be somewhere at 9 o’clock and my wife is still, STILL, in the house getting ready.

(04-19-2018, 05:15 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 09:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sweet!  When are you in Pompano?  I'm working a seafood festival down there at the end of the month.

I'm assuming it launches from some private airport in pompano I've never been there before. I just got notice that's where our flight launches from yesterday. I'll be driving down from Bostwick which is just south of Green cove springs north of Palatka.

Ha just saw you asked when not where. I'll be down there may 1-2

(04-21-2018, 08:33 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not just girls. My son was two weeks late...they had to practically pry him out!!  Tongue

Is that why your BBQ tongs smell funny?

So what’s your excuse?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 03:44 PM by DarloJAG84.)

(04-21-2018, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Whatever her excuse.. she's grounded.

(04-21-2018, 02:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 08:33 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Is that why your BBQ tongs smell funny?

So what’s your excuse?

Touché
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(04-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because girls are never on time. She’s still getting ready.

And once we're out we spend our lives trying to get back in.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-23-2018, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not just girls. My son was two weeks late...they had to practically pry him out!!  Tongue

And once we're out we spend our lives trying to get back in.

Your mother??? You freak!! Laughing