Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

I thought I was pretty clever buying that fancy descaler on amazon that safely cleans fancy coffee makers and supposedly won't make you sick. 
Well...
My GF decided to descale the coffee maker this morning.

Now I have to wait on three cycles of water to "brew" before I can make coffee.

Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-01-2018, 09:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought I was pretty clever buying that fancy descaler on amazon that safely cleans fancy coffee makers and supposedly won't make you sick. 
Well...

Sad

I’ll take “First World Problems” for $200, Alex.

(08-01-2018, 09:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 09:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought I was pretty clever buying that fancy descaler on amazon that safely cleans fancy coffee makers and supposedly won't make you sick. 
Well...

Sad

I’ll take “First World Problems” for $200, Alex.

And now the power lumbar adjustment in the Volvo quit working!  AAARGHHH
Tongue

(08-01-2018, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 09:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ll take “First World Problems” for $200, Alex.

And now the power lumbar adjustment in the Volvo quit working!  AAARGHHH
Tongue

The humanity!

(08-01-2018, 07:25 AM)Rico Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 11:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  
Yeah, you did kinda say they promised something and didn't deliver. 
Either way - it sucks you are having to wade through all the stress associated with the job insecurity.
I'm trusting it's only going to open a better opportunity for you that hopefully doesn't require you traveling as much as I do.  
Lord knows you're too old for that!!  Tongue 

BTW - I may be getting the bowling bug.  Thinking of getting a custom ball drilled. May have to buy you a beer for some advice soon.

(07-31-2018, 12:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: If you’re not getting the pay you were promised now, what makes you think you’ll get it later? That would worry me!!

Not to belabor the point, but I was talking about this.  Where did I say that 'I thought I would get it later'?

I was talking about getting a severance package later, not the pay that wasn’t in your check this week. My point was if they’re jerking you around with your money now, I’d be worried that they’ll do it later too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-01-2018, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 07:25 AM)Rico Wrote: Not to belabor the point, but I was talking about this.  Where did I say that 'I thought I would get it later'?

I was talking about getting a severance package later, not the pay that wasn’t in your check this week. My point was if they’re jerking you around with your money now, I’d be worried that they’ll do it later too.

This is how I interpreted it, as well.

OK. This point is officially belabored.

Banana

I hope you aren't looking for the next job anytime soon and they come correct with the dough until then, Rico. 
Otherwise I might have to be the one bringing the fancy tequila to the tailgate on Sundays and that could get pricey. 

(08-01-2018, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 07:25 AM)Rico Wrote: Not to belabor the point, but I was talking about this.  Where did I say that 'I thought I would get it later'?

Well, unless they screw me over after giving everyone else separation packages, I guess that's an issue.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-01-2018, 01:11 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I was talking about getting a severance package later, not the pay that wasn’t in your check this week. My point was if they’re jerking you around with your money now, I’d be worried that they’ll do it later too.

Well, unless they screw me over after giving everyone else separation packages, I guess that's an issue.

"They" did it with pensions, insurance benefits, paid time off, and a host of other compensation mechanisms the last 20 years, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-02-2018, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 01:11 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, unless they screw me over after giving everyone else separation packages, I guess that's an issue.

"They" did it with pensions, insurance benefits, paid time off, and a host of other compensation mechanisms the last 20 years, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

OK, you've convinced me.  Even though they've paid everyone else separation packages over the last four weeks, they're going to stop suddenly.  I'll immediately start looking for a job.

Man, I'll bet our floor is only half-full now. The one corner of the building is so empty that the motion detectors rarely turn the lights on.

And crawling, on the planets face...... Some insect, called the Human race........ Lost in time...... And lost in space....... And meaning
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(08-03-2018, 09:52 AM)Rico Wrote: Man, I'll bet our floor is only half-full now.  The one corner of the building is so empty that the motion detectors rarely turn the lights on.

I've been through that too, it's kinda eerie when you're there alone and the lights suddenly pop on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-03-2018, 09:52 AM)Rico Wrote: Man, I'll bet our floor is only half-full now.  The one corner of the building is so empty that the motion detectors rarely turn the lights on.

That’s the newly designated nap area.

(08-03-2018, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That’s the newly designated nap area.

How convenient.  I had Italian buffet for lunch.  I should be asleep by 12:30.

(08-03-2018, 12:03 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That’s the newly designated nap area.

How convenient.  I had Italian buffet for lunch.  I should be asleep by 12:30.

Where is there an Italian buffet?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2018, 12:13 PM by RicoTx.)

(08-03-2018, 12:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 12:03 PM)Rico Wrote: How convenient.  I had Italian buffet for lunch.  I should be asleep by 12:30.

Where is there an Italian buffet?

There's two in lunch driving distance...and I know of a couple of others out this way.  I work across the street from The Avenues.

I won't go to one anymore.  I almost got into a fight in the parking lot.  Some clown was trying to scam me saying I hit his car even though there were no marks on mine whatsoever.

On a side note...I was about to shoot myself after 15 minutes of the piped-in Italian Muzak.

(08-03-2018, 12:12 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 12:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Where is there an Italian buffet?

There's two in lunch driving distance...and I know of a couple of others out this way.  I work across the street from The Avenues.

I won't go to one anymore.  I almost got into a fight in the parking lot.  Some clown was trying to scam me saying I hit his car even though there were no marks on mine whatsoever.

On a side note...I was about to shoot myself after 15 minutes of the piped-in Italian Muzak.

Somebody tried to scam me the same way! I have a muscle car, with a cam etc. I've spent my life savings on it. Dream car of mine.

Anyway, I pull into a car wash nice and slow as always, taking my time. Some 17 year old punk gets out of a 1989 Toyota and said "hey man you hit my truck, look at those dents"

I was like...what are you talking about no I didn't. Then I offered to get law enforcement on scene, and he got back in his truck and left.

(08-03-2018, 11:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I've been through that too, it's kinda eerie when you're there alone and the lights suddenly pop on.

So you got caught doing something alone in the dark...……........whatever could that have been?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Ah yes, the joys of home ownership.

The outside air handler fried yesterday afternoon.  They'll be coming out to give us estimates on a new unit today.  There's a few thousand dollars that I don't have to spend.

On a related note...boy was it pleasant sleeping with no a/c last night.  Ugh.