Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(03-09-2019, 10:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Ever sit on your couch or recliner or whatever sitting instrument you may have at your disposal and decide you’ll be more comfy if you slipped your sockets down past your heels, yet still covering your toes?

Can’t say that I’ve ever thought about slipping sockets anywhere.

Prude.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I slip sockets onto my nuts. How else are you going to get them off?

(03-10-2019, 08:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I slip sockets onto my nuts. How else are you going to get them off?

Excellent point.  If it’s a really hard nut to bust, try using a lubricant spray or penetrating oil.

(03-10-2019, 09:42 AM)Jags Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 08:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I slip sockets onto my nuts. How else are you going to get them off?

Excellent point.  If it’s a really hard nut to bust, try using a lubricant spray or penetrating oil.

The lubricant also makes it easier to finish by hand.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-10-2019, 12:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 09:42 AM)Jags Wrote: Excellent point.  If it’s a really hard nut to bust, try using a lubricant spray or penetrating oil.

The lubricant also makes it easier to finish by hand.

But don't they make a tool for that?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(03-10-2019, 12:22 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 12:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote: The lubricant also makes it easier to finish by hand.

But don't they make a tool for that?

Yep, a box wrench.

Just listened to a song I have not heard in about 36 years, not since the only girl I ever loved told me she didn't want me anymore. The song, Against the Wind by Bob Seger. And even after all this time I still knew every note and every word to it. That song brought back some memories, some good, some bad, but that's life I guess.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

This may not be the correct thread, or even place to post my feelings, I know it's not a journal, but I like a lot of you on here so I'm going to do it anyway.. Ok so as some of you may have noticed, I don't post much on here these days.. it's mainly due to a massive change in lifestyle recently.. I don't wish to come across as preachy or sappy, but here's a bit of my story..

As some of you will be aware, last year was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I welcomed my second child (daughter) into the world, swiftly followed by a marriage breakdown due to not getting along.. a rot that had set in long before my daughter was born.. anyway.. I fell massively in love with a woman who I have worked with for several years, some folks said it was too soon or it wouldn't last.. or she doesn't deserve to be tied down with a man with such baggage.. well, here we are, we now live together.. I've lost an incredible amount of weight through exercise and eating well. My outlook on life used to be quite bleak and mundane, but I'm here now in the happiest, most content mindset that I've ever been in. I have regular access to both of my children and they are BOTH visibly happier than they ever have been because things are much, much more chilled.

I think what I'm trying to say is this: You only have one life, live it. If you aren't happy with some aspect of your life, change it. Look out for number one as no one else will! I'm blessed to have landed on my feet and I am well aware that some people have not been so lucky in similar circumstances.. so to those, I apologise if I have come across as inconsiderate.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Welcome back, man. Glad to hear you’re doing good. I’m happy for you. It’s a hard leap to make with the decisions you and the ex had to make. It’s great that you can see the kids and all are happy.

Great news, Darlo! I'm genuinely glad to hear things are going well for you.

Thanks guys!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Potatoes, I love them. French fries, baked, tater tots, mashed... you name it. But every single one is either fried or smothered in butter, chives, sour cream, cheese, you name it. Which makes me ponder, who the hell ate one to begin with as it was and said “Yep, we’ll continue to eat these, these are good”? Have you ever eaten a plain baked potato? [BLEEP] sucks.

Sitting in the waiting room at the doctor. Got up to pee last night about 2:00 and passed out when I got out of bed. Freaked me out. Never had anything like that happen before.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Hope it's nothing serious Rico.....
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Hopefully everything is OK, Rico.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 07:45 PM by Sammy.)

(03-13-2019, 07:09 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This may not be the correct thread, or even place to post my feelings, I know it's not a journal, but I like a lot of you on here so I'm going to do it anyway.. Ok so as some of you may have noticed, I don't post much on here these days.. it's mainly due to a massive change in lifestyle recently.. I don't wish to come across as preachy or sappy, but here's a bit of my story..

As some of you will be aware, last year was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I welcomed my second child (daughter) into the world, swiftly followed by a marriage breakdown due to not getting along.. a rot that had set in long before my daughter was born.. anyway.. I fell massively in love with a woman who I have worked with for several years, some folks said it was too soon or it wouldn't last.. or she doesn't deserve to be tied down with a man with such baggage.. well, here we are, we now live together.. I've lost an incredible amount of weight through exercise and eating well. My outlook on life used to be quite bleak and mundane, but I'm here now in the happiest, most content mindset that I've ever been in. I have regular access to both of my children and they are BOTH visibly happier than they ever have been because things are much, much more chilled.

I think what I'm trying to say is this: You only have one life, live it. If you aren't happy with some aspect of your life, change it. Look out for number one as no one else will! I'm blessed to have landed on my feet and I am well aware that some people have not been so lucky in similar circumstances.. so to those, I apologise if I have come across as inconsiderate.

It is the wrong thread, it should have had its own thread. Awesome for you. Banana

(03-20-2019, 04:21 PM)Rico Wrote: Sitting in the waiting room at the doctor.  Got up to pee last night about 2:00 and passed out when I got out of bed.  Freaked me out.  Never had anything like that happen before.

Oh crap, you got a long way down ... Hopefully nothing serious Rico. Huh

(03-20-2019, 05:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hopefully everything is OK, Rico.

Everything came out fine with all of the tests.  The doctor thinks it was just a combination of me getting up out of bed too quickly and some of the meds that I'm on.  Problem now is, I apparently hurt my hip and my shoulder when I bit the dust.  I couldn't even bowl last night because the hip is on my 'plant foot' and it hurt really bad in practice...so I packed up and didn't even bowl league.  And I think there's something really wrong with my shoulder.  I'll give them both a few days to see if the ouchies die down, if not it's a visit to the ortho.

The big problem now is, I have the national bowling tournament in Vegas next Friday and then I'm supposed to go to Myrtle Beach for five days of golf on 4/9.  I'll be going to both...but I hope I'm able to compete without every turn hurting.  [BLEEP]!  Great timing.  Then again I guess there's no great time to pass out on the floor.  Who would have thought a two-week cocaine and heroin bender would do that to you?

Language Rico

(03-21-2019, 07:31 AM)Rico Wrote:

Everything came out fine with all of the tests.  The doctor thinks it was just a combination of me getting up out of bed too quickly and some of the meds that I'm on.  Problem now is, I apparently hurt my hip and my shoulder when I bit the dust.  I couldn't even bowl last night because the hip is on my 'plant foot' and it hurt really bad in practice...so I packed up and didn't even bowl league.  And I think there's something really wrong with my shoulder.  I'll give them both a few days to see if the ouchies die down, if not it's a visit to the ortho.

The big problem now is, I have the national bowling tournament in Vegas next Friday and then I'm supposed to go to Myrtle Beach for five days of golf on 4/9.  I'll be going to both...but I hope I'm able to compete without every turn hurting.  [BLEEP]!  Great timing.  Then again I guess there's no great time to pass out on the floor.  Who would have thought a two-week cocaine and heroin bender would do that to you?

No recommendation for increased alcohol intake? Quack.

(03-21-2019, 07:31 AM)Rico Wrote:

Language Rico

That is good news Rico. If you need me to sub in Vegas, or MB ... I would sacrifice my services ... for you. YW!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 08:04 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-21-2019, 07:06 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 07:31 AM)Rico Wrote: Everything came out fine with all of the tests.  The doctor thinks it was just a combination of me getting up out of bed too quickly and some of the meds that I'm on.  Problem now is, I apparently hurt my hip and my shoulder when I bit the dust.  I couldn't even bowl last night because the hip is on my 'plant foot' and it hurt really bad in practice...so I packed up and didn't even bowl league.  And I think there's something really wrong with my shoulder.  I'll give them both a few days to see if the ouchies die down, if not it's a visit to the ortho.

Language Rico

That is good news Rico. If you need me to sub in Vegas, or MB ... I would sacrifice my services ... for you. YW!

Hip is actually much better.  I think it was just an initial shock kind of thing.  I'll give it a couple of more days and try to bowl a few games on Sunday morning.  I ain't missing Vegas anyway.   Smile   As for my shoulder, I'm pretty sure I did something bad to that.  On the positive side it's my left shoulder and I'm right-handed.  However, sneezing, coughing, yawning, a deep breath brings on some pretty bad pain.  I still have a few weeks before Myrtle Beach...which I will also go to regardless.  But I have a feeling I'll be visiting Southeast Orthopedic when I get back.  I've had surgery on this shoulder before and unfortunately the type of pain feels very similar.

Little story on my Myrtle Beach trip this year.  My long time friend (who is currently living in CA) and I get together for golf every year.  Usually in Myrtle Beach, but we've been other places as well.  On occasion we'll bring our wives but it is usually a guy trip.  Well I ran into a couple of friends on LinkedIn that I used to work with in PA before I moved down here in 1991.  Turns out that they do a Myrtle Beach trip every year, so my friend in CA and I will be joining that group this year.  He was also an employee of that same company so he will know everyone as well.  So long story even longer...I'll be hanging out with guys that I haven't seen for almost 30 years.  I'm really looking forward to it this year.  It should be fun.  You know...a bunch of 60+ year olds trying to act young for a few days.