Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(05-27-2019, 03:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 02:02 PM)Rico Wrote: I was able to get myself onto the riding mower and do the lawn, despite my wife's objections.  Probably shouldn't have but it was nice getting out and doing something useful.

Men.

Well, when my wife said that she was going to get on the tractor and go out and do it, it was enough to scare me into trying it myself.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-27-2019, 03:55 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 03:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Men.

Yeah, we're stubborn like that........

Wait. We are? No! Don't say that because then women will expect it. 

Were I in Rico's place, I would have allowed the wife to mow the lawn. Additionally, to show my gratitude and compassion, I would have sprayed her down with the garden hose as she rode by to protect her from the intense heat. 

I'm so awesome.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2019, 05:30 PM by Jags.)

(05-27-2019, 02:02 PM)Rico Wrote: I was able to get myself onto the riding mower and do the lawn, despite my wife's objections.  Probably shouldn't have but it was nice getting out and doing something useful.

Well, that’s a step scoot in the right direction.   Keep getting better every day man.  The Gus Bradley method.

(05-27-2019, 03:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one to step outside with the intention of doing something, only to retreat back indoors after a couple of minutes in the heat?

No sir.  Even working outside I had issues trying to grill today.   My weather station was showing 99.7 at one point.   I told my wife, let’s just have cereal.  I grilled anyway.  She did not take the garden hose to me.  She doesn’t realize what she’s missing.

(05-26-2019, 06:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A few times I've helped torque the Jesus nuts (insert joke here) on a CH-47 Chinook helicopter. The torque value isn't ginormous, around 450 lb-ft, IIRC, but it has to be done with a torque multiplier. Imagine applying that much force to a nut about 8" across using only a 3/8" drive. It's a workout.

3/8? Didn't it just snap in half?

(05-27-2019, 07:46 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 06:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A few times I've helped torque the Jesus nuts (insert joke here) on a CH-47 Chinook helicopter. The torque value isn't ginormous, around 450 lb-ft, IIRC, but it has to be done with a torque multiplier. Imagine applying that much force to a nut about 8" across using only a 3/8" drive. It's a workout.

3/8? Didn't it just snap in half?

That was my thoughts.  I know a torque multiplier will allow you to be able to tighten it down more than normal, but figuredat a high enough torque some of the smaller stuff would just shatter..

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2019, 09:07 PM by homebiscuit.)

It was torqued using one of these. This is just a representation. The ones I used were yellow, weighed a ton and had to be hefted overhead to get it positioned on the aft pylon. Then it was a matter of inserting a 3/8" drive and throwing it about a billion times to get the desired torque. However, if you overshoot the torque value, or can't get the nut positioned correctly within the torque range to properly set the keeper rings, then it has to be loosened all the way and tightened again. Not fun while standing 15 feet up near the top of a metal building in July. 

The bottom picture closely resembles what the Chinook Jesus nuts looks like. That's what holds the rotors onto the helicopter. It has to be pretty substantial for an aircraft that can lift 12 tons. 

[Image: ATP_1200_Main_Individual-e1527857189120.png]

[Image: C5EF62C9-DFDD-476B-A06E-08EE40F6C7E1_zpscvkhbkeu.jpg]

(05-27-2019, 05:27 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 03:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one to step outside with the intention of doing something, only to retreat back indoors after a couple of minutes in the heat?

No sir.  Even working outside I had issues trying to grill today.   My weather station was showing 99.7 at one point.  

You're just not properly preparing yourself for the heat.  It all starts with a blender.  From there you simply add ice, rum and whatever fruit you can find.  Carry this with you whenever you venture outdoors.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I’ve go to say, as hot as it was today, it was actually a pleasant work day. Until it rained on us and the humidity jumped. I was happier when it was 97 and maybe 40% humidity than after the rain and it was 85 degrees and 85%. But that was at the end of the day when we only had a half dozen left.

Well, I'm in Pittsburgh. I'll feel better once I finish this beer.

(05-29-2019, 06:13 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, I'm in Pittsburgh.  I'll feel better once I finish this beer.

Pretty much the town motto of Pittsburgh!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 09:19 PM by The Drifter.)

Been thru Pittsburgh 4X, mostly in the middle of the night on the Amtrak, even in those sealed cars you can still smell the funk that is Pittsburgh

Have a few Iron CIty Beers while you're there LOL
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 05:34 PM by Jags.)

About to take our first travel trailer out on its maiden voyage tomorrow.  We’ll see just how many things can go wrong.

Where’s a gif from the movie Snatch where they pull off and the wheels come off?  Someone hook us up with that.

I will have to say I like my wife's family a lot. I feel really fortunate about that especially after dealing with my ex-wife's family many years ago.

And they like beer and tequilla.

Win-win.

(05-16-2019, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 01:46 PM)Jags Wrote: Sitting in the lounge of another Ford dealer waiting on getting the brake controller installed.  Hopefully, it turns out better than my experience last week.

I installed one in my last truck myself (2015 F150 Lariat).  Less than $100 and about 30 or so minutes to install and program the ECU.  The part that I installed was a genuine Ford part.

Have you ever had a “brake controller modular fault” appear on the dash?  Our trucks are close enough in years, I figure they be the same.  I think ‘15-‘19 it’s all the same.  Or a “tire pressure sensor fault”?    I’ve had the dealer lift my truck, change tire’s and rims (along with the sensors) and since then I sporadically have the tire sensors fault.  Had them also do the brake controller and sporadically get the brake controller fault.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 07:33 PM by Jags.)

So, all in all, my family’s first camping trip in the travel trailer went great.  Some highs and some lows.  The highs were high, the lows were low.  I may have to post the lows in multiple posts.  Longs stories.  Everything seems to work just fine on the trailer.  Which I’m told is like hitting the lotto.  But someone stole my freaking crocs.  The only pair of footwear I brought.  Trying to make long story short.  I was in swimming area of campground with my 4 yr old daughter trying to teach her to swim.  I look up, I see her shoes, but mine are gone.  I’ll tell his with  language as I felt it and lived it.  Because I was livid.  I mean, who the hell steals sandals?  I’ve got a truck load of valuable stuff in the bed open to steal.  Fishing gear, high end cooler, and foldable wagon which wasn’t cheap.  Steal that [BLEEP].  But not the only only pair of shoes I have for a 2 night stay.  So I am looking for the shoes, and ask the ‘normal’ looking people if they saw anything.  No one saw anything.  I’m fuming.  They are camo.  Maybe some smart [BLEEP] hid them in the grass.  I keep searching, and I’ve come trained to look forward and search with my eyes.  With sunglasses on, no one knows I’m staring at the hot chicks [BLEEP].  That’s a must have trait for a married man.  That trait kicked in as automatic.  I’m walking around when I’m asked by some ‘trashy chick’ who was with her trashy husband (with normal looking kids, they’ve probably not done meth and other drugs yet) “what are you looking for?  Whoah! Well, hot damn!  Thanks for telling me you’ve got my [BLEEP] shoes.  (Yes, still pissed).  So I tell her what I’m looking for.  She hasn’t seen them.  I say, “well that’s good.  I sure hope if you do, youd let me know”.  Immediately after I make it known I’m eyeballing their blanket and the stuff near it.  I know these [BLEEP] have my [BLEEP].  After many sand spurs and blazing hot asphalt I returned to my wife at our blanket.  The redneck comes out of her and she is talking loud about how [BLEEP] low it it to steal sandals.   As I stand up to give up on my search and return to the truck I see the kid of the trashy family as I’m telling my wife to calm down.  This kid looked scared.  So, as I was walking away (still talking to wife) I look this kid straight in the [BLEEP] eyes and say” oh, don’t worry, I Will get my shoes back”. ( knowing he or his family took them).  Well, after walking dead straight on him so he had to move apparently his guilty consciences got the best of him and waited for the wrath of me to pass and shamefully and with fear, gives them to my wife.

What pissed me off the most was if they said “ hey cool shoes, wish we could could afford them or whatever, I probably would have gone the rest of the weekend bare foot after I gave them to them. I was hoping to see that kid again after he returned them. I did have the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other. I really wanted to give them (the whole family) a piece of my mind. I mean daddy made no eye contact and didn’t say [BLEEP]. They were [BLEEP] mine. But I said if I did see him well let the angel on the shoulder talk. And just thank him for doing the right thing.

Lost a dear friend yesterday. One of the most talented musicians I've worked with in my career.
Being investigated as possible homicide. I just can't quite believe it yet.

(06-03-2019, 10:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lost a dear friend yesterday. One of the most talented musicians I've worked with in my career.

My condolences on the loss of your friend.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-02-2019, 07:07 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I installed one in my last truck myself (2015 F150 Lariat).  Less than $100 and about 30 or so minutes to install and program the ECU.  The part that I installed was a genuine Ford part.

Have you ever had a “brake controller modular fault” appear on the dash?  Our trucks are close enough in years, I figure they be the same.  I think ‘15-‘19 it’s all the same.  Or a “tire pressure sensor fault”?    I’ve had the dealer lift my truck, change tire’s and rims (along with the sensors) and since then I sporadically have the tire sensors fault.  Had them also do the brake controller and sporadically get the brake controller fault.

I have never had a fault on either of my late model trucks (2015 F150 Lariat and 2016 F150 Platinum).  I sent you a PM with more information.

(06-03-2019, 10:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lost a dear friend yesterday. One of the most talented musicians I've worked with in my career.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend NYC.  Violence seems to be getting crazy lately.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sorry to hear that NYC.