Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-22-2019, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 12:44 PM)Jags Wrote: Happy Birthday Rico.  The board got together, you should be receiving your AB and Ramsey Jerseys soon.

That was cheaper than buying all the necessary candles.

And with his luck lately, he’d have probably broken an ankle trying to blow them out!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2019, 05:22 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That was cheaper than buying all the necessary candles.

And with his luck lately, he’d have probably broken an ankle trying to blow them out!

Luck or Karma?

One of my few serious questions... I was born in 82. What freaking generation am I? I googled it and 3 pop up for that year. I can guarandamntee you I don’t act or think like a millennial.

(09-25-2019, 06:05 PM)Jags Wrote: One of my few serious questions...  I was born in 82.  What freaking generation am I?  I googled it and 3 pop up for that year.  I can guarandamntee you I don’t act or think like a millennial.

Gen X-ish
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-25-2019, 06:05 PM)Jags Wrote: One of my few serious questions...  I was born in 82.  What freaking generation am I?  I googled it and 3 pop up for that year.  I can guarandamntee you I don’t act or think like a millennial.

You are a millennial. Gen X stopped at 1979.

https://www.thoughtco.com/names-of-generations-1435472

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

I think it's more widely accepted that 1981-83 is the start of Gen Y. 

To me, it would be closer to the latter of that due to the fact that because of the term millennial, you would be experiencing your coming of age years during the Information Age and new millennium.

https://youtu.be/qN5zw04WxCc

(09-26-2019, 12:04 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think it's more widely accepted that 1981-83 is the start of Gen Y. 

To me, it would be closer to the latter of that due to the fact that because of the term millennial, you would be experiencing your coming of age years during the Information Age and new millennium.

Generation Y and millennials are mostly the same thing though.

(09-26-2019, 10:03 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 12:04 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think it's more widely accepted that 1981-83 is the start of Gen Y. 

Generation Y and millennials are mostly the same thing though.

Yes, that's why I'm using both terms interchangeably.

I did some reading on it. It was boring as can be. I said “screw that”. Guess Ill just be a millennial. Just a word anyways. One site even listed 5 different possible generations. I guess what made me wonder was the Ramsey thread. I was the “young” guy with the old schools thoughts on it. My brother is only 3 years older but completely different generation. Even though we have the same parents, same upbringing, grew up with the same things.

Zero percent warning level! One day early!!! Good behavior or am I the favorite? Wink

(09-25-2019, 10:09 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

You are a millennial. Gen X stopped at 1979.

You're a millennial who identifies as a Gen X.  How long have you known THE TRUTH?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 08:52 PM by Jags.)

(09-26-2019, 08:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:09 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: You are a millennial. Gen X stopped at 1979.

You're a millennial who identifies as a Gen X.  How long have you known THE TRUTH?
I was born with the truth Smile

Holy cow! I identify as something I’m not! I’m gonna go make a flag now!!

Ok, enough of that before these 92 pages gets moved to the political section

(09-26-2019, 04:15 PM)Jags Wrote: I did some reading on it.  It was boring as can be.  I said “screw that”. Guess Ill just be a millennial.  Just a word anyways.   One site even listed 5 different possible generations.  I guess what made me wonder was the Ramsey thread.  I was the “young” guy with the old schools thoughts on it.  My brother is only 3 years older but completely different generation.  Even though we have the same parents, same upbringing, grew up with the same things.

If it makes you feel better I would've guessed your age as 45-55  Big Grin

(09-26-2019, 10:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 04:15 PM)Jags Wrote: I did some reading on it.  It was boring as can be.  I said “screw that”. Guess Ill just be a millennial.  Just a word anyways.   One site even listed 5 different possible generations.  I guess what made me wonder was the Ramsey thread.  I was the “young” guy with the old schools thoughts on it.  My brother is only 3 years older but completely different generation.  Even though we have the same parents, same upbringing, grew up with the same things.

If it makes you feel better I would've guessed your age as 45-55  Big Grin

Well, when you put it that way, maybe being a millennial isn’t so bad, lol.  Although I wouldn’t say 37 is ‘young’ anymore.

(09-27-2019, 07:43 AM)Jags Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If it makes you feel better I would've guessed your age as 45-55  Big Grin

Well, when you put it that way, maybe being a millennial isn’t so bad, lol.  Although I wouldn’t say 37 is ‘young’ anymore.

Young punk...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm in size 38 pants for the first time in I-don't-know-when, this morning.  I've lost 42 pounds.  Six pounds from my 'goal weight'.  Approaching high school weight.

Felling pretty damn good about myself right now.  I think I hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back this morning.

Banana  Banana   Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 08:13 AM by homebiscuit.)

(09-27-2019, 07:43 AM)Jags Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If it makes you feel better I would've guessed your age as 45-55  Big Grin

I remember when I was 37. But only on one of my ‘good days’.

(09-27-2019, 08:00 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm in size 38 pants for the first time in I-don't-know-when, this morning.  I've lost 42 pounds.  Six pounds from my 'goal weight'.  Approaching high school weight.

Felling pretty damn good about myself right now.  I think I hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back this morning.

Banana  Banana   Banana

Are you still walking in a giant circle every morning?

(09-27-2019, 08:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 07:43 AM)Jags Wrote: Well, when you put it that way, maybe being a millennial isn’t so bad, lol.  Although I wouldn’t say 37 is ‘young’ anymore.

I remember when I was 37. But only on one of my ‘good days’.

(09-27-2019, 08:00 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm in size 38 pants for the first time in I-don't-know-when, this morning.  I've lost 42 pounds.  Six pounds from my 'goal weight'.  Approaching high school weight.

Banana  Banana   Banana

Are you still walking in a giant circle every morning?

Took me a while to get back to the full circle because of the ankle...but the last three weeks, yes.

Congrats on the weight loss.

I need to lose weight but the beer keeps getting in my way.