Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-27-2019, 08:33 AM)Jags Wrote: Congrats on the weight loss.  

I need to lose weight but the beer keeps getting in my way.

Who says I haven't been drinking beer, margaritas, moonshine...on occasion?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2019, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 08:33 AM)Jags Wrote: Congrats on the weight loss.  

I need to lose weight but the beer keeps getting in my way.

Who says I haven't been drinking beer, margaritas, moonshine...on occasion?

Explains all the injuries!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 07:20 PM by americus 2.0.)

(09-27-2019, 10:45 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote: Who says I haven't been drinking beer, margaritas, moonshine...on occasion?

Explains all the injuries!

Laughing I can't say anything. I hurt myself when sober. Trip on grass, run into doorways, etc. Good thing I have insurance.

Well got it all done, re-piped kitchen installed new osmosis and facet for the water leak as a bonus cleaned out iron from the dish washer line and now it works, for the starter installed in the tundra, replaced the radiator, hoses, alternator and engine mounts on the Highlander. Soooo looking forward to tomorrow day off and football
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-28-2019, 07:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well got it all done, re-piped kitchen installed new osmosis and facet for the water leak as a bonus cleaned out iron from the dish washer line and now it works, for the starter installed in the tundra, replaced the radiator, hoses, alternator and engine mounts on the Highlander. Soooo looking forward to tomorrow day off and football

Now all the women folk are going to expect this from the rest of us. Would you please stop? Geez, it takes me 3 days of self encouragement to just mow the lawn.

(09-28-2019, 07:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well got it all done, re-piped kitchen installed new osmosis and facet for the water leak as a bonus cleaned out iron from the dish washer line and now it works, for the starter installed in the tundra, replaced the radiator, hoses, alternator and engine mounts on the Highlander. Soooo looking forward to tomorrow day off and football

Engine mounts? What were you doing with it?

(09-29-2019, 01:57 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-29-2019, 12:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Now all the women folk are going to expect this from the rest of us. Would you please stop? Geez, it takes me 3 days of self encouragement to just mow the lawn.

I can help balance this out a bit. 

I replaced the fill and flush valves in the toilet tank. It took me two days and 4 trips to the hardware store to get the right parts for my wacky vintage Kohler toilet. 

Finally get it all buttoned up and three days later one of the tank bolts is leaking. 

I put a bucket under it.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 10:05 AM by Jags.)

(09-29-2019, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now all the women folk are going to expect this from the rest of us. Would you please stop? Geez, it takes me 3 days of self encouragement to just mow the lawn.

I replaced the fill and flush valves in the toilet tank. It took me two days and 4 trips to the hardware store to get the right parts for my wacky vintage Kohler toilet. 

Finally get it all buttoned up and three days later one of the tank bolts is leaking. 

I put a bucket under it.

decided to replace the whole toilet, huh?

im in a store yesterday with the wife and kid.  My 4 yr old daughter sees something that looks like this:
[Image: s-l300.jpg]
I kid you not, she says “Look! A Pig-a-sus”

I know she didn’t mean to be funny and messed up the word “Pegasus” but I was jealous I didn’t think of it.

(09-29-2019, 10:04 AM)Jags Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I put a bucket under it.

decided to replace the whole toilet, huh?

It's called a Tennessee Toilet.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-29-2019, 11:44 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:04 AM)Jags Wrote: decided to replace the whole toilet, huh?

It's called a Tennessee Toilet.

Go to A camping store get a seat then Home Depot to get a fountain pump and your king of the trailer park.  You’d be the only one with a bidet.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 06:06 PM by EricC85.)

(09-29-2019, 01:57 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

On the highlander you have to lift the motor to get to the water pump. So I replaced everything on the way to it the radiator, hoses, alternator, thermostat housing, Pulleys and belt it was all original stuff and she’s about to turn 200k so it was time.

(09-29-2019, 06:03 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 01:57 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Engine mounts? What were you doing with it?

On the highlander you have to lift the motor to get to the water pump. So I replaced everything on the way to it the radiator, hoses, alternator, thermostat housing, Pulleys and belt it was all original stuff and she’s about to turn 200k so it was time.

Sounds like an awesome design.

(09-29-2019, 06:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 06:03 PM)EricC85 Wrote: On the highlander you have to lift the motor to get to the water pump. So I replaced everything on the way to it the radiator, hoses, alternator, thermostat housing, Pulleys and belt it was all original stuff and she’s about to turn 200k so it was time.

Sounds like an awesome design.

Yea typical Toyota we always say Toyota great to own horrible to work on, their engineers hate mechanics I’m sure of it.

I never thought I'd see the day John Goodman would do commercials for Fisher Price toys.

"Shut the [BLEEP] up, Donny!"

(09-29-2019, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now all the women folk are going to expect this from the rest of us. Would you please stop? Geez, it takes me 3 days of self encouragement to just mow the lawn.

I put a bucket under it.

I just go outside.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-30-2019, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I can help balance this out a bit. 

I put a bucket under it.

I just go outside.

Just fertilizing the lawn.

(09-30-2019, 04:46 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I just go outside.

Just fertilizing the lawn.

Yup.  Also "marking my territory".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ever listen to a song so much and have the wrong lyrics in your head? Later you find out you’re wrong, but only to feel your lyrics were better?