Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-15-2019, 07:47 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Since I can't come over and relieve you of some of those leftovers can I have the recipe? It sounds delicious!

I'll FedEx some.   Big Grin

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!  Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damn they banned chlorpyrifos.

(10-15-2019, 02:01 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Damn they banned chlorpyrifos.

Guess you’ll just have to work on your pickup lines.

(10-15-2019, 03:36 PM)Jags Wrote:

Now that's funny, right there.

Question 

[quote pid='1249281' dateline='1571168199']
Jags

[/quote]

Nicely done!

(10-15-2019, 03:36 PM)Jags Wrote:

You guys are too good haha.

Dermatologist followup today. I have to go every six months for a checkup since they've already removed a couple of skin cancers.

I always seem to leave with less skin than I went in with.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2019, 01:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Dermatologist followup today.  I have to go every six months for a checkup since they've already removed a couple of skin cancers.

Ugh.

I need to do this soon. I've got some new little spots on my face that are a bit suspicious and I'm not getting any younger. 

On a detrimental to this topic note:
Let's play some golf. My knee is much better and I've got a really good brace for it now.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:17 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-16-2019, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 01:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Dermatologist followup today.  I have to go every six months for a checkup since they've already removed a couple of skin cancers.

Ugh.

I need to do this soon. I've got some new little spots on my face that are a bit suspicious and I'm not getting any younger. 

Let's play some golf. My knee is much better and I've got a really good brace for it now.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works for everybody.   Wink

I'm probably out for golf for a couple of weeks.  Me and Mrs. Rico are going to Epcot/Orlando for the weekend.  Then we have the Jets next weekend.  Unless I come down with some sort of Jalen Ramsey like illness (which is definitely within the realm of possibility).

On a side note...the last time I went to the dermatologist I screwed up my ankle the next day.   Cry
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Tell me about it! My hats keep getting bigger and bigger.

(10-16-2019, 02:16 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ugh.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works for everybody.   Wink

I'm probably out for golf for a couple of weeks.  Me and Mrs. Rico are going to Epcot/Orlando for the weekend.  Then we have the Jets next weekend.  Unless I come down with some sort of Jalen Ramsey like illness (which is definitely within the realm of possibility).

On a side note...the last time I went to the dermatologist I screwed up my ankle the next day.   Cry

I urge extreme caution in all movements for the next 48 hours!

(10-16-2019, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Ugh.

I need to do this soon. I've got some new little spots on my face that are a bit suspicious and I'm not getting any younger

Yup.  I'm the same way.  I don't have any issues with skin cancer (as far as I know), but I do know that it's time to go for the "probing" doctor visit if you know what I mean.  In my opinion the "cleansing" prep is much worse than the actual examination.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 06:58 PM by Jags.)

(10-16-2019, 03:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ugh.

I need to do this soon. I've got some new little spots on my face that are a bit suspicious and I'm not getting any younger

Yup.  I'm the same way.  I don't have any issues with skin cancer (as far as I know), but I do know that it's time to go for the "probing" doctor visit if you know what I mean.  In my opinion the "cleansing" prep is much worse than the actual examination.

The “cleansing” is worse. You’ll be asleep for the main event.  My only issue I had was that I still had to [BLEEP] myself prior to the main event.  Get the flushable wipes.  It’ll be your friend.  Other than that, it’s just kinda like having a few to many with some super spicy food every 15 minutes.  Not that much of a big deal

Assuming your doc is using the new style not drinking a gallon of chalk. I went to Borland Groover. It was just a few stool softeners and a whole bottle of miralax.

Golightly, what a great trade name...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

64 degrees in my backyard. Grilling a ribeye, shrimp, portobello and corn. All separately seasoned appropriately and in skewer form, except for the corn. It’s also my Friday. Felling good and huddling around the grill for warmth. Welcome fall. Wishing you all the best!

(10-17-2019, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: 64 degrees in my backyard.  Grilling a ribeye, shrimp, portobello and corn.  All separately seasoned appropriately and in skewer form, except for the corn.   It’s also my Friday.  Felling good and huddling around the grill for warmth.  Welcome fall.  Wishing you all the best!

The important information here is what do you season with?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 07:58 PM by Jags.)

(10-17-2019, 10:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: 64 degrees in my backyard.  Grilling a ribeye, shrimp, portobello and corn.  All separately seasoned appropriately and in skewer form, except for the corn.   It’s also my Friday.  Felling good and huddling around the grill for warmth.  Welcome fall.  Wishing you all the best!

The important information here is what do you season with?

I had a few then, so I whipped out a bit of everything.  The shrimp sprinkled old bay on.  The corn: salt pepper butter and some old bay. Was channeling a “low country boil” thing with those two.  The meat: Dales seasoning along with Montreal (it was the only steak seasoning I had).  The shrooms got some garlic and herb seasoning along with some rosemary.  

A lot going on I know.  Like I said, I had a few.  All turned out really good even though they may not have complimented each other well.

(10-18-2019, 07:57 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The important information here is what do you season with?

I had a few then, so I whipped out a bit of everything.  The shrimp sprinkled old bay on.  The corn: salt pepper butter and some old bay. Was channeling a “low country boil” thing with those two.  The meat: Dales seasoning along with Montreal (it was the only steak seasoning I had).  The shrooms got some garlic and herb seasoning along with some rosemary.  

A lot going on I know.  Like I said, I had a few.  All turned out really good even though they may not have complimented each other well.

I drop my on the ground. Taste and texture.

(10-18-2019, 07:57 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The important information here is what do you season with?

Man, we must get different seasonings on each coast. I'm not even sure what some of that stuff is  Big Grin

I find it amusing that I have been more directly affected by tropical storms/hurricanes/systems since moving to central NC that I ever was living in NE Florida. 

This one keeps dipping southeast from our location and we're nearly out of the "cone of concern" but the NWS is still saying we're going to get 1-2" of rain and have some heavy wind gusts tonight. I guess we'll see.