Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-19-2019, 04:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I find it amusing that I have been more directly affected by tropical storms/hurricanes/systems since moving to central NC that I ever was living in NE Florida. 

This one keeps dipping southeast from our location and we're nearly out of the "cone of concern" but the NWS is still saying we're going to get 1-2" of rain and have some heavy wind gusts tonight. I guess we'll see.

They were calling for 1-2 inches upwards to 3 in parts.  I’m just south of the Duval /St johns line.  We’ve got a whopping .51 Inches.  Accumulated by a half day of drizzle.  

Hopefully it won’t be to bad for you.  Stay dry.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-19-2019, 04:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 04:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I find it amusing that I have been more directly affected by tropical storms/hurricanes/systems since moving to central NC that I ever was living in NE Florida. 

This one keeps dipping southeast from our location and we're nearly out of the "cone of concern" but the NWS is still saying we're going to get 1-2" of rain and have some heavy wind gusts tonight. I guess we'll see.

They were calling for 1-2 inches upwards to 3 in parts.  I’m just south of the Duval /St johns line.  We’ve got a whopping .51 Inches.  Accumulated by a half day of drizzle.  

I just rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder on my motorcycle and want to take it out for a ride, but the sky has a 'go ahead, I dare you' look to it.

(10-19-2019, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 04:30 PM)Jags Wrote: They were calling for 1-2 inches upwards to 3 in parts.  I’m just south of the Duval /St johns line.  We’ve got a whopping .51 Inches.  Accumulated by a half day of drizzle.  

I just rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder on my motorcycle and want to take it out for a ride, but the sky has a 'go ahead, I dare you' look to it.

The radar looks fairly decent depending on where you’re at.  But sounds like a Sunday morning ride to me.  Sounds like an enjoyable morning and a good way to burn some time before the game.  Less people out on the roads anyway.

There are really a lot of drunk people at Epcot.

It's even more noticeable when you aren't one of them.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-22-2019, 08:53 AM)Rico Wrote: There are really a lot of drunk people at Epcot.  

It's Food and Wine, every 5 steps you get to buy another drink!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-22-2019, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 08:53 AM)Rico Wrote: There are really a lot of drunk people at Epcot.  

It's Food and Wine, every 5 steps you get to buy another drink!

That may definitely add to it, but it's a general rule of thumb from my past experiences.  I've never seen so many groups of people in 'drinking shirts' in my life.

I thought I had heard on the news a few years ago that they were trying to curtail that sort of activity at Epcot.  Obviously I'm mistaken.

Let me just add that I am not being a prude here and have definitely more than my share several times in my life...it was just an observation.

(10-22-2019, 01:09 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's Food and Wine, every 5 steps you get to buy another drink!

I thought I had heard on the news a few years ago that they were trying to curtail that sort of activity at Epcot.  Obviously I'm mistaken.

Curtail the sale of $8 Budweisers that cost about fifty cents?

[Image: th?id=OGC.ad29174f306197a6cac334eb40e5d2...KPdcwRIksw]

What's next...……....free parking?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Has anybody happened to notice the billboards around town for Direct Auto Insurance? Tonya Harding and Johnny Manziel as spokespeople? Really? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

(10-29-2019, 09:38 AM)Rico Wrote: Has anybody happened to notice the billboards around town for Direct Auto Insurance?  Tonya Harding and Johnny Manziel as spokespeople?  Really?  Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

If they could have Tanya kneecapping Johnny, they’d sell more insurance! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-29-2019, 09:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:38 AM)Rico Wrote: Has anybody happened to notice the billboards around town for Direct Auto Insurance?  Tonya Harding and Johnny Manziel as spokespeople?  Really?  Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

If they could have Tanya kneecapping Johnny, they’d sell more insurance! Laughing

Not that she was ever a beauty....but ole Tonya is looking rough.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 10:21 AM by homebiscuit.)

(10-29-2019, 10:01 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: If they could have Tanya kneecapping Johnny, they’d sell more insurance! Laughing

Not that she was ever a beauty....but ole Tonya is looking rough.

I saw her in a TV commercial a few weeks ago and it looks like she’s had a little work done.
Edit: Okay, a lot of work. She’s almost unrecognizable.

Welp....... I just bought a Beer Truck.......

a 1:100 Scale KW Moosehead Truck.....

But it doesn't come with 1:100 scale beers lol....

Be a nice addition to my collection
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Can I just say how much United Healthcare sucks!? OMG. My husband's employer decided to switch to them and told us how great they would be and we would have access to more doctors and such. That's a lie from the pit of hell.

Since July I have discovered I can no longer see THREE of my established doctors, they won't cover two prescriptions, and in general they suck. I had to cancel my one year checkup of my bowel resection surgery with one of my surgeons because she is "ineligible." What in the actual hell? It's not because she doesn't accept UHC so I don't know what the problem is. I haven't called them yet because I am so pissed off. I gotta calm down before I try to talk to them.

I am thankful I have insurance because I've had three surgeries in four years that were medically necessary, and Thank God covered by another insurance company at the time, but evidently UHC has quite the reputation and it's not a good one. Not that it would do any good but I emailed my husband's HR rep and told her the issues we've had so it's on record in case there are others having problems too. It's local government though so they go with the lowest bidder and don't care what it costs us. We pay good money for this coverage and are getting nothing in return.

Welp, about to leave for the dermatologist to get the next piece of flesh removed.

(11-07-2019, 08:57 AM)Rico Wrote: Welp, about to leave for the dermatologist to get the next piece of flesh removed.

Do you any original parts left at this point??

(11-06-2019, 12:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Can I just say how much United Healthcare sucks!? OMG. My husband's employer decided to switch to them and told us how great they would be and we would have access to more doctors and such. That's a lie from the pit of hell.

Since July I have discovered I can no longer see THREE of my established doctors, they won't cover two prescriptions, and in general they suck. I had to cancel my one year checkup of my bowel resection surgery with one of my surgeons because she is "ineligible." What in the actual hell? It's not because she doesn't accept UHC so I don't know what the problem is. I haven't called them yet because I am so pissed off. I gotta calm down before I try to talk to them.

I am thankful I have insurance because I've had three surgeries in four years that were medically necessary, and Thank God covered by another insurance company at the time, but evidently UHC has quite the reputation and it's not a good one. Not that it would do any good but I emailed my husband's HR rep and told her the issues we've had so it's on record in case there are others having problems too. It's local government though so they go with the lowest bidder and don't care what it costs us. We pay good money for this coverage and are getting nothing in return.

Reading this while sitting in a UHC provider meeting in South Florida. I agree with you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2019, 10:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 08:57 AM)Rico Wrote: Welp, about to leave for the dermatologist to get the next piece of flesh removed.

Do you any original parts left at this point??

All original...just stretched and stitched into place.

(11-07-2019, 12:56 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 10:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do you any original parts left at this point??

FrankenRico

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 09:01 PM by americus 2.0.)

I'm recovering from having a nice quarter sized spot burned off of my upper back. I hope you heal soon!

(11-07-2019, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 12:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Can I just say how much United Healthcare sucks!? OMG. My husband's employer decided to switch to them and told us how great they would be and we would have access to more doctors and such. That's a lie from the pit of hell.

Reading this while sitting in a UHC provider meeting in South Florida. I agree with you.

HR got back with me and asked for providers and meds not covered and said they've had a boatload of complaints. They're compiling info to advise whoever makes these decisions and maybe we get our previous insurance company back or another company. That wouldn't happen until next year but man....it sucks for a lot of people.

(11-07-2019, 12:56 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 10:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do you any original parts left at this point??

Hey, that's what John Bobbitt said!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.