Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(03-30-2020, 04:06 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 07:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What a slacker.

I didn’t check, but it’s very possible he wasn’t gaming and just watching TV.  So, he’s still alive at least.  Hopefully he doesn’t catch this crap while working.

(03-30-2020, 10:19 AM)Rico Wrote: I have second interview in 45 minutes with a company in Ft. Worth.  I'm assuming it must be a good sign because I only did my first interview on Thursday about the position.

Here’s a Belated good luck.

Good to hear.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 06:27 PM by Jags.)

Had anyone thought about how messed up people’s hairstyles will be after attempting to do it at home?   You know someone will need it done before the social distancing ends.  [BLEEP], some may have already been due.  Will people go back to work looking like Grizzly Adams?  

I personally, have my wife cut my hair. Haven’t paid for a haircut in almost 15 years.   Mainly because I used to buzz it.  Now it’s more of a high and tight.  Every now and then, my wife doesn’t blend it well and I look silly.   I don’t care.  I’ve got a dirty job and wear a hat all the time and am spoken for. But what about the office guys?  The guys that go to the barber? Or great clips.  Won’t judge.  What’s your plans on that? Too busy buying TP bet you didn’t think of that.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 08:01 PM by Jags.)

Not a joke, but I have a cookout/campfire going tomorrow with the fam.  I guess we will be Skyping/zooming/FaceTimeing or whatever.  We will have our social time with each other while having a little fire and cookout.  Something tells me that this will not turn out as plannned.  But whatever, grilling, fire and beer... I’m in.  I’ll make sure I get my wife to cut my hair for the big moment.
[Image: ibx7056hwll11.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 09:35 PM by Jags.)

Are y’all treating your bathroom like a chevron station bathroom? You know the ones you need to ask for the key attached to a night stick?  Are you lining your toilet with toilet paper (where applicable) and flushing the toilet with your shoe?  Washing your hands and opening the door with the paper towel and dropping the towel on the floor while double kicking the door open for your escape while doing “that” dance move to avoid it hitting you?   For shots and giggles I did that at the house with the wife in near vicinity.  Let me just say this, my humor and hers clash.  I was accused of insinuating that she kept a dirty house and was instructed that if I was not happy with the sanitary conditions, I should help out with the cleaning.  Way to go overboard honey.  Take a joke.  Laugh a bit.  Then I gave her back the key.  I took it off the night stick. I feel I may need it soon.

(04-03-2020, 06:17 PM)Jags Wrote: Had anyone thought about how messed up people’s hairstyles will be after attempting to do it at home?   You know someone will need it done before the social distancing ends.  [BLEEP], some may have already been due.  Will people go back to work looking like Grizzly Adams?  

I personally, have my wife cut my hair. Haven’t paid for a haircut in almost 15 years.   Mainly because I used to buzz it.  Now it’s more of a high and tight.  Every now and then, my wife doesn’t blend it well and I look silly.   I don’t care.  I’ve got a dirty job and wear a hat all the time and am spoken for. But what about the office guys?  The guys that go to the barber? Or great clips.  Won’t judge.  What’s your plans on that? Too busy buying TP bet you didn’t think of that.

I was lucky enough to get my hair cut before crap hit the fan so I'm good for awhile. I've also gone a year without a cut but I can get away with it, it just gets annoying when it's long especially once it gets hot and humid and the curls turn to frizz.

(04-03-2020, 07:59 PM)Jags Wrote: Not a joke, but I have a cookout/campfire going tomorrow with the fam.  I guess we will be Skyping/zooming/FaceTimeing or whatever.  We will have our social time with each other while having a little fire and cookout.  Something tells me that this will not turn out as plannned.  But whatever, grilling, fire and beer... I’m in.  I’ll make sure I get my wife to cut my hair for the big moment.

You know what's really bad about this guy's haircut? He invests a lot of money, resources, and time to get it cut just like that by the same distant barber every time. 

The rich really are unlike you and me.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 08:05 PM by Jags.)

(04-03-2020, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 07:59 PM)Jags Wrote: Not a joke, but I have a cookout/campfire going tomorrow with the fam.  I guess we will be Skyping/zooming/FaceTimeing or whatever.  We will have our social time with each other while having a little fire and cookout.  Something tells me that this will not turn out as plannned.  But whatever, grilling, fire and beer... I’m in.  I’ll make sure I get my wife to cut my hair for the big moment.

You know what's really bad about this guy's haircut? He invests a lot of money, resources, and time to get it cut just like that by the same distant barber every time. 

It’s a good thing he’s rich.  He can accomplish that or better with a Flobee. (The hair cutting product, not the urban dictionary version of these kids putting dryer sheets in a bottle to hide the pot smell).

I know that because I made a flobee joke in the truck and the two kids laughed way harder than I expected.  I had to ask.  They informed me.  Nothing is sacred these days.  SMH

(04-03-2020, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I just want to know where the barber found a bowl big enough to fit over that melon.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-05-2020, 08:14 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You know what's really bad about this guy's haircut? He invests a lot of money, resources, and time to get it cut just like that by the same distant barber every time. 

I just want to know where the barber found a bowl big enough to fit over that melon.

He didnt, that’s why the bangs are jacked up so high!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 08:31 PM by Jags.)

(04-05-2020, 08:14 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You know what's really bad about this guy's haircut? He invests a lot of money, resources, and time to get it cut just like that by the same distant barber every time. 

Maybe he used a mixing bowl?  Or a KFC chicken bowl.  Movie theater popcorn bowl.  Maybe he used a 5 gallon bucket.   It’s possible, very possible.  Were there’s a will, there’s a way.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 01:21 PM by RicoTx.)

Anybody got any idea of a ballpark estimate (or anybody that would be able to give me one) of what professional moving costs would be from Fruit Cove to Ft. Worth for a three bedroom home.  Everywhere I look online is asking me for phone number and/or email address and I don't want people bugging the [BLEEP] out of me because I'm not even 100% sure that I'm moving yet.  I'm just trying to get a rough idea.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I think it’ll be 5K at least. Can you call them? I know some sites are trying to keep everything online and don’t seem to want to give a phone number. But I’d think they’d be able to quote it or Come real close

Someone started a thread about moving to Hawaii. He seemed to be under the impression it was 5-10k. Surely that would be more expensive. Unless he has next to nothing. Ok, so maybe that doesn’t help at all.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 03:12 PM by homebiscuit.)

[Image: UHaul-1100x778.jpg]

She says she'll do it for $19.95. 

No, move your stuff. 

Wait, that's the in-town rate. 

Never mind.

(04-06-2020, 02:45 PM)Jags Wrote: I think it’ll be 5K at least.  Can you call them? I know some sites are trying to keep everything online and don’t seem to want to give a phone number.  But I’d think they’d be able to quote it or Come real close

Someone started a thread about moving to Hawaii.  He seemed to be under the impression it was 5-10k.  Surely that would be more expensive.  Unless he has next to nothing.  Ok, so maybe that doesn’t help at all.

I'm thinking I'd probably unload a good deal of stuff before I left too.  I actually have two more interviews tomorrow.  

In all honesty, I'm good at what I do and somebody is going to make me a good offer soon.  I guess a positive side of this covid garbage is that I won't have to relocate for at least a couple of months and they'd have to let me work out of the house.

The other problem is that the missus is starting to get cold feet about a move.  A move would benefit me (therefore us) a great deal.  Not to mention it would put me closer to my daughters.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Yeah, it’s a tough decision to decide to move across country.   Especially when it’s not out of necessity financially and you’ve put down some roots.  When the right offer comes, you’ll know.  Hopefully it won’t take too much for the wife to get on board with it.  You’ve got to be happy and enjoy work or stress will  end up taking its toll.  Gotta Be alive to see and enjoy retirement.  

You’re right about this being a good time due to the virus.  Should give you time to sell off some stuff and get your ducks in a row without having to “give” it away.  

As far as the moving goes, you can always go this route..

[Image: 25179127601_1775fb6e0c_b.jpg]

You can probably get that truck for 500.00!!!!

(04-06-2020, 01:21 PM)Rico Wrote: Anybody got any idea of a ballpark estimate (or anybody that would be able to give me one) of what professional moving costs would be from Fruit Cove to Ft. Worth for a three bedroom home.  Everywhere I look online is asking me for phone number and/or email address and I don't want people bugging the [BLEEP] out of me because I'm not even 100% sure that I'm moving yet.  I'm just trying to get a rough idea.

I expect it would be a couple hundred thousand.  Better to buy a new house there.  If you want to leave the house and just move your stuff, it would be a lot cheaper.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

This week is starting to kick my [BLEEP].

I'm bald ... and he should be too.

I rarely use a wheelbarrow at work. But I’ve got a job lined up where I’ll need it. I had a bad [BLEEP] one. Problem is, last time I went to the dump, someone lpulled it out of my trailer as we dumped the debris. It was left there. So, now I gotta buy that bad [BLEEP] wheelbarrow again. Which kinda takes out of this next job’s profit. Wish me lunch at the hardware store that I don’t catch anything. I’ll also be buying new work gloves. I fear the pair I had could have been compromised. So I trashed them. Oddly enough at a freaking doctors house. Should be illegal for a dr to omit that he self quarantined and have you use his stuff for a minor job.

Dude was really nonchalant about it and even laughed that we were driving separately and had our own equipment. I really hope he was either [BLEEP] with me or he was banging a side chick for two weeks. im Not too pleased about that. Don’t have me handle your [BLEEP] and be 2 feet from me when the rest of the country is freaking out.

I’m digging this rain. We need it.