Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Yes we do! It’s putting me behind schedule. But it’s needed. Guess I just have to keep sitting on my patio watching it!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2020, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I rarely use a wheelbarrow at work.  But I’ve got a job lined up where I’ll need it.  I had a bad [BLEEP] one. Problem is, last time I went to the dump, someone lpulled it out of my trailer as we dumped the debris.  It was left there.  So, now I gotta buy that bad [BLEEP] wheelbarrow again. 

What a coincidence.....the last time I went to the dump, my wife suddenly said, "Hey, that guy's driving away without his wheelbarrow.  I'll go tell him"  

I grabbed her arm and dragged her back inside the truck.  Thanks, it works great!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-14-2020, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m digging this rain. We need it.

Yeah, it's great as long as you're not working at home and have 70 and 95 pound dogs that like to have free reign of the yard during the day.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-14-2020, 12:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I rarely use a wheelbarrow at work.  But I’ve got a job lined up where I’ll need it.  I had a bad [BLEEP] one. Problem is, last time I went to the dump, someone lpulled it out of my trailer as we dumped the debris.  It was left there.  So, now I gotta buy that bad [BLEEP] wheelbarrow again. 

What a coincidence.....the last time I went to the dump, my wife suddenly said, "Hey, that guy's driving away without his wheelbarrow.  I'll go tell him"  

I grabbed her arm and dragged her back inside the truck.  Thanks, it works great!
Lol. I finally replaced it.  

I think it was you that suggested to take my daughter on a ride on the mower.  My apologies if I’m wrong.  I had her help me change the blades last weekend and I had that on my mind.  I’d be lying if I didn’t secretly want to take it out and “hot dog” it.  I knew she’d enjoy it.  She was having so much fun playing on the platform and messing with the tower and sticks while “helping” (handing me the tools). So guess what we did afterwards!!!   

I tore up a spot or two in the back, but I....I mean she, had a blast.

I see a lot of people enjoying their yards. Lots of kids toys and such. Just a heads up/reminder for everyone with kids or dogs to be careful. I’m seeing a bunch of moccasins while working. Like some fat big ones. I can’t say we normally see those, or at least at this frequency. I’m sure the weather is helping to drive them out. But check your yards before letting the kids out or letting your dogs play. If they don’t move for a 900lb 27 hp mower, they ain’t gonna move for your kid. And I’ve already lost 1 dog to one a few years back.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 05:05 PM by Jags.)

How much does curbside service keep you from getting the virus? Sounds great but you still have someone else handling all your stuff and loading it.  Great, they have on gloves and mask.  But the gloves are protecting 1 person.  Then, sign this iPad...  Better than actually going in the store, I must admit.  But these news channels making it sound like it’s 100% safe.

That being said, next time I need to make a run, I might just try that.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 07:40 PM by Jags.)

So I’ve got an 11 yr anniversary coming up with the wife.  I understand I am Prince Charming and such, but with quarantine, self isolation and general be a hermit crab World we now live in, what should I do?  I can’t take her out.  Do I shower her with gift? Maybe a swiffer, perhaps? All our appliances are fairly new.  Vacuum makes no sense without carpet in the house.  After 17 years with this chick,(6 or 7 or who knows unmarried) I assume I’m in the clear and in the “old people” stage where she only expects my criticism and subtle hints of cleaning the bathroom.  But that just doesn’t seem right.  So, on lockdown, what do you prince charmins suggest?  Toilet paper?   Help a brother out.

To be clear, 11 years married and 16 or 17 years total together.   Like who really keeps tracks of this crap?

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 10:27 PM by The Drifter.)

(04-15-2020, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote: So I’ve got an 11 yr anniversary coming up with the wife.  I understand I am Prince Charming and such, but with quarantine, self isolation and general be a hermit crab World we now live in, what should I do?  I can’t take her out.  Do I shower her with gift? Maybe a swiffer, perhaps? All our appliances are fairly new.  Vacuum makes no sense without carpet in the house.  After 17 years with this chick,(6 or 7 or who knows unmarried) I assume I’m in the clear and in the “old people” stage where she only expects my criticism and subtle hints of cleaning the bathroom.  But that just doesn’t seem right.  So, on lockdown, what do you prince charmins suggest?  Toilet paper?   Help a brother out.

To be clear, 11 years married and 16 or 17 years total together.   Like who really keeps tracks of this crap?

I do...… 2 years together then...…. 11 years married then...… 21 years divorced....

But back to your situation...…… Chocolate is always good.....
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(04-15-2020, 04:54 PM)Jags Wrote: How much does curbside service keep you from getting the virus? Sounds great but you still have someone else handling all your stuff and loading it.  Great, they have on gloves and mask.  But the gloves are protecting 1 person.  Then, sign this iPad...  Better than actually going in the store, I must admit.  But these news channels making it sound like it’s 100% safe.

That being said, next time I need to make a run, I might just try that.

I think your supposed to ditch the container(s) and be pretty good.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 06:58 AM by homebiscuit.)

It's the 50th anniversary of the NASA's "successful failure" - Apollo 13. Previously it was believed that if the crew had been unable to change the spacecraft's course, it would have forever circled in space. Now a new simulation has changed all that, which has been created using the numbers from a NASA flight controller who helped bring Apollo 13 home. 

Here is the narrated simulation video. 

https://youtu.be/6vKFLSM6mWo

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 05:44 PM by Jags.)

(04-15-2020, 09:27 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote: So I’ve got an 11 yr anniversary coming up with the wife.  I understand I am Prince Charming and such, but with quarantine, self isolation and general be a hermit crab World we now live in, what should I do?  I can’t take her out.  Do I shower her with gift? Maybe a swiffer, perhaps? All our appliances are fairly new.  Vacuum makes no sense without carpet in the house.  After 17 years with this chick,(6 or 7 or who knows unmarried) I assume I’m in the clear and in the “old people” stage where she only expects my criticism and subtle hints of cleaning the bathroom.  But that just doesn’t seem right.  So, on lockdown, what do you prince charmins suggest?  Toilet paper?   Help a brother out.

I do...… 2 years together then...…. 11 years married then...…  21 years divorced....

But back to your situation...…… Chocolate is always good.....
Hopefully I don’t get to that point.  
Maybe it’s because you went wrong with chocolates. Lol

Maybe I can use this social distancing thing in my favor.  Maybe use Zoom and ask her on a date.  Order some curbside pick up sushi, stream a movie then don blindfolds, I mean, face masks...

So perhaps you’d say “all I wanna do is a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom”?  

Just be thankful you don’t work with me and hear ALL my corny  jokes.

Sirius XM has been playing “Down With the Sickness” way too much. Ok song for the most part, except for the end. But they’re overplaying it. I remember during 9/11 stations stopped played songs. Such as “smoke on the water”. I get it, 9/11 was different. This is a novelty and some aren’t taking it serious. Whatever. But can we play another song? Or should I revert back to *shudder* terrestrial radio?

16 plus years together and you think a Swiffer spells romance???  You're flailing around like a rookie here.  You need to personalize whatever you do if you're hoping it leads to the horizontal bop.  Make the day all about her.

1)  Dinner -make, or get takeout of whatever her favorite is.
2)  A gift- NOT something that you spent 5 minutes picking out on Amazon.  Jewelry is always good.  Pay attention, this is important, it doesn't have to be expensive, far more important, it has to show EFFORT!
3)  The movie - a chick flick.  Romantic comedy good....Die Hard, not so much.

Horizontal Bop hahahaha

https://youtu.be/J3TzSNk9kPU

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 12:35 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 12:05 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

16 plus years together and you think a Swiffer spells romance???  You're flailing around like a rookie here.  You need to personalize whatever you do if you're hoping it leads to the horizontal bop.  Make the day all about her.

2)  A gift- NOT something that you spent 5 minutes picking out on Amazon.  Jewelry is always good.  Pay attention, this is important, it doesn't have to be expensive, far more important, it has to show EFFORT!
Hmm... seems to be an unorthodox method you have there Mr. Suave. You’ve got me taking the scenic route that will take ALL DAY!  I was hoping to just jump on the interstate and Take the off ramp as I neared my destination.  Whatever, man. I’ll give it a shot.  It’s crazy enough it just might work.  But if she ends up falling asleep along the way, I’m blaming you

(04-17-2020, 11:37 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 12:05 AM)Sneakers Wrote: 16 plus years together and you think a Swiffer spells romance???  You're flailing around like a rookie here.  You need to personalize whatever you do if you're hoping it leads to the horizontal bop.  Make the day all about her.

Hmm... seems to be an unorthodox method you have there Mr. Suave. You’ve got me taking the scenic route that will take ALL DAY!  I was hoping to just jump on the interstate and Take the off ramp as I neared my destination.  Whatever, man. I’ll give it a shot.  But if she ends up falling asleep along the way, I’m blaming you

Falling asleep during the ride?  Is this a common occurrence?  Perhaps you need driving lessons.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 02:03 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 12:36 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:37 AM)Jags Wrote: Hmm... seems to be an unorthodox method you have there Mr. Suave. You’ve got me taking the scenic route that will take ALL DAY!  I was hoping to just jump on the interstate and Take the off ramp as I neared my destination.  Whatever, man. I’ll give it a shot.  But if she ends up falling asleep along the way, I’m blaming you

Falling asleep during the ride?  Is this a common occurrence?  Perhaps you need driving lessons.
There’s some pretty in depth and advanced videos out there. I think I’ll be alright.  

I’m going to give you another chance to adjust your advice.  Are you sure I shouldn’t just say “Let’s take some time to forget about the Wu Flu and ahh-choos, and start getting to the wang dang sweet [omitting last word of Ted Nugent song]”

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 06:41 PM by Jags.)

Doing our first curbside pickup with target.  No touching the Debit/credit card thing, no interaction with people!   Must say, I’m a little excited.  As I prepared my order, I must also admit, this is brilliant from the retailers aspect.  Normally, I’d go in and Seal Team Six my stuff.  Smash and grab almost.  Going in for x, y and z and get out. That’s if I’m solo.  Wife likes to see what treasures await in every [BLEEP] aisle.  So, here we are online and I’m now searching for every last thing I may possibly want, wanted in the past and perhaps may want in the future.  Brilliant and innovative for the retailers.  I’m sure we spent more than we would have and I don’t have to go inside and only have to worry about the packages and bags.  Not a terrible deal.  I really hope I enjoy my new electric griddle and Oiled rubbed bronze spray paint.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 06:18 PM by Jags.)

Curbside experience was quite nice.  I liked it.  For good measure we Clorox wipes the [BLEEP].  But I was impressed.  Can’t wait to run of out of stuff to do it again.