Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(05-09-2020, 08:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 07:15 AM)Rico Wrote: Out for Saturday breakfast for the first time in two months.  Had been a regular thing as long as I can remember.

Hope the cook doesn't sneeze over your pancakes....

Whatever.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It’s funny watching neighbors mow their 1/4 acre suburban plots with a riding lawn mower that barely fits between the house and the fence.

One neighbor down the street even went so far as to trade in his John Deere traditional riding mower with a steering wheel for a brand spanking new zero-turn model. He even has a trailer to haul it with. A guy needs that kind of equipment to keep 3000 square feet of weed infested St. Augustine at bay.

(05-14-2020, 11:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s funny watching neighbors mow their 1/4 acre suburban plots with a riding lawn mower that barely fits between the house and the fence.

One neighbor down the street even went so far as to trade in his John Deere traditional riding mower with a steering wheel for a brand spanking new zero-turn model. He even has a trailer to haul it with. A guy needs that kind of equipment to keep 3000 square feet of weed infested St. Augustine at bay.

I mow 3/4 acre with using a walking mower.

(05-14-2020, 11:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s funny watching neighbors mow their 1/4 acre suburban plots with a riding lawn mower that barely fits between the house and the fence.

[Image: OIP.ebUheBhipQroaWHt4IaetAHaDi?w=278&h=1....1&pid=1.7]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Yo, SF !

Did this thing wake you up early today?

https://twitter.com/MattSmithKIRO7/statu...72929?s=20

(05-15-2020, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yo, SF !

Did this thing wake you up early today?

https://twitter.com/MattSmithKIRO7/statu...72929?s=20

Never felt a thing!  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2020, 09:57 AM by RicoTx.)

My brother-in-law is having bypass surgery next week so my wife went up to be with him for a couple of weeks while he recovers.  It was downright creepy when I dropped her off at the airport.  I have never in my life seen an airport like that.  It was like some post-apocalyptic movie scene.  There were literally (had to use it) four people standing outside at the departure level.  Four.  She said it was even stranger inside.  Nary a shop open and she said she didn't see any more than 50 people in there.  And the parking lots weren't even 10% full.  Hell, I traveled immediately post-9/11 in my consulting days and it wasn't even this empty.

Marijuana is legal (in some states) and haircuts are against the law. It took half a century but the hippies finally won Laughing
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(05-18-2020, 05:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Marijuana is legal (in some states) and haircuts are against the law. It took half a century but the hippies finally won Laughing

Time for a reunion!

[Image: usa-bethel-ny-1969-joe-cockers-band-wood...stival.jpg]

Can't sleep, so here I am at 2am eating those Chocolate Chunk Cookie Brownies from Dominos...… Yeah, they're that good...….
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

How exciting, I got my new SecureID key fob from the new job today.

Of course, I can't do anything with it but look at it since I don't have the company issued laptop yet.

(05-21-2020, 07:13 AM)Rico Wrote: How exciting, I got my new SecureID key fob from the new job today.

Of course, I can't do anything with it but look at it since I don't have the company issued laptop yet.

I use the phone app. 

Yeah, anyway…

I really want this. Can someone buy it for me? Tell them it's for Homebiscuit. 

Thanks.

[Image: 5ea3c61a2d9f7862486147cf.jpg?width=1024&...rValue=100]

Nice bike.  I looked at that one, but roads are such a pain...…….so I decided on the BMW Hover Ride.

[Image: p90248860_highres_lego-technic-design.jp...=740&h=493]

(05-21-2020, 11:48 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Nice bike.  I looked at that one, but roads are such a pain...…….so I decided on the BMW Hover Ride.

[Image: p90248860_highres_lego-technic-design.jp...=740&h=493]

Lots of fun until the Antigravity Disgronificator goes kaput.

Dustin has problems.

(05-22-2020, 11:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dustin has problems.

East Ridge is teeming with Dustins.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 11:47 AM by RicoTx.)

So I was driving down to play at one of the LPGA courses on Sunday.  As I'm driving on I95 a guy passes me in a car with a custom Jags license plate on the back with FOLES on it.   Cry

I really hope that was the guy's last name...that's what I have on mine.

(05-28-2020, 11:46 AM)Rico Wrote: So I was driving down to play at one of the LPGA courses on Sunday.  As I'm driving on I95 a guy passes me in a car with a custom Jags license plate on the back with FOLES on it.   Cry

I don't think 2019 went down the way he envisioned it.  
Poor fella.

(05-28-2020, 11:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:46 AM)Rico Wrote: So I was driving down to play at one of the LPGA courses on Sunday.  As I'm driving on I95 a guy passes me in a car with a custom Jags license plate on the back with FOLES on it.   Cry

I don't think 2019 went down the way he envisioned it.  
Poor fella.

A Superbowl win (with MVP honors), a 30M a year contract with a new team...…….and then losing the starting job to a 6th round pick...…….OUCH!  That's gotta hurt!