Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-11-2020, 09:34 PM)Rico Wrote: I flew back to Texas for the home inspection today.  Our house officially went on the market today.  I was (pleasantly) shocked at what they are listing it for.  Like to the tune of almost $100K more than I had in my head.  I stand to make quite the tidy profit from the one-time foreclosure and will have a pretty minimal mortgage payment out here.  Hell, my taxes will be more than the actual mortgage payment.  Had a few minor issues come up with the inspection here, but nothing that will be a deal breaker.  We close on 8/18 out here, so I'm soon to be a Texan.

Must have been all the tree clearing you did  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm thinking that last beer at the airport Bennigan's probably wasn't a good idea. Then again, I've probably done dumber things. Recently.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-12-2020, 02:41 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm thinking that last beer at the airport Bennigan's probably wasn't a good idea.  Then again, I've probably done dumber things.  Recently.

Bennigan's still exists? I haven't seen one of those since the late 80s, maybe early 90s.

Bennigans? Talk about a blast from the past!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-12-2020, 07:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 02:41 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm thinking that last beer at the airport Bennigan's probably wasn't a good idea.  Then again, I've probably done dumber things.  Recently.

Bennigan's still exists? I haven't seen one of those since the late 80s, maybe early 90s.

They lasted a little longer than that. There were still some here in the mid 2000s. It's trying to make a comeback now. Someone bought the name and thinks it's worth a reboot attempt.

I had my first legal drink at 21 at bennigan’s. True story.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Loved Bennigan's.  It was always one the places I'd look for when I traveled.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

While working in New Jersey there was a Bennigan's just in front of the hotel I was staying in. The food wasn't bad and they had a decent bar. On the weekends they would bring in a DJ to play 80s and 90s music (because that was mainly the clientele on those nights) but the problem was he had a habit of bumping up the volume every so often. After a while it was so loud that everyone was leaning over to yell into the ears of anyone they were talking to. Shock waves would reverberate in drinks on the dining tables of the adjoining restaurant. It was nuts. After a couple times of that I quit going but not before having an interesting conversation with a Joisey guy who was making a good living as a pharmaceutical salesman because he couldn't find work after 15 years as a general construction contractor. It was an amazing story of adaptation.

(07-12-2020, 07:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I was in the DFW airport 2 1/2 hours early and I was looking for booze.

Bennigan's was right inside of the TSA checkpoint.  Problem solved.

And HB...there is a golf course at the cul-de-sac 10 houses from me.

(07-13-2020, 07:47 PM)Rico Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 07:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Bennigan's still exists? I haven't seen one of those since the late 80s, maybe early 90s.

I was in the DFW airport 2 1/2 hours early and I was looking for booze.

Bennigan's was right inside of the TSA checkpoint.  Problem solved.

And HB...there is a golf course at the cul-de-sac 10 houses from me.

Ya know, 9 holes would make for a perfect morning walk.

As someone who has watched others portray doctors on TV, I prescribe this.

Got the ac working at the house woohoo ac company quoted $300 to replace a capacitor I did it for $45 and took me 20 min
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 07:22 PM by homebiscuit.)

(07-14-2020, 06:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Got the ac working at the house woohoo ac company quoted $300 to replace a capacitor I did it for $45 and took me 20 min

Good deal. Kick start caps are cheap and easy to replace but are not covered under new AC warranties because the companies know they can fleece you for a quick few hundred bucks about three years later. I bought a new unit last year. Soon I'm going to take the access cover off and get the part number to order a replacement to have on hand when it goes out in a couple of years.

Whatever happened to Deacon? I haven’t seen him post here in ages.

(07-15-2020, 07:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Whatever happened to Deacon? I haven’t seen him post here in ages.
Moved from VA to CA and became too cool for us it seems. 

Tongue 

He's doing well. I follow his social media and we exchange greetings every now and again. He chimes in on some Jags twitter posts from time to time as well. We had a few adult beverages last time I was in Sacramento but that's been 18 months or so now.

(07-15-2020, 08:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 07:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Whatever happened to Deacon? I haven’t seen him post here in ages.
Moved from VA to CA and became too cool for us it seems. 

Tongue 

He's doing well. I follow his social media and we exchange greetings every now and again. He chimes in on some Jags twitter posts from time to time as well. We had a few adult beverages last time I was in Sacramento but that's been 18 months or so now.

Good to hear he's doing well. Let's hope he doesn't become a Niners fan.

I can’t imagine living in CA right now my wife has a cousin out there and she says it’s crazy the rolling shut downs on and off again they go
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-15-2020, 07:13 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I can’t imagine living in CA right now my wife has a cousin out there and she says it’s crazy the rolling shut downs on and off again they go

We may be approaching a similar situation here before long.  There isn't a lot of encouraging news out there.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I was lucky to keep my temper in check this afternoon. I was downtown and I saw this punk kid with a Ho Chi Minh shirt on. Over 58,000 American soldiers died fighting that bastard and here we have american kids idolizing him. Should have whacked him with my cane but It wasn't worth the jail time.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 10:48 AM by RicoTx.)

Well, started  packing up the belongings for the move.  Boy have I acquired a lot of [BLEEP] since I moved here in 1991.  And a lot of that [BLEEP] will not be making the trip with me.

(07-23-2020, 10:47 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, started  packing up the belongings for the move.  Boy have I acquired a lot of [BLEEP] since I moved here in 1991.  And a lot of that [BLEEP] will not be making the trip with me.

Put it outside with a For Sale sign attached. It'll all be gone by morning.