Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Maybe it will be better this year since so many more people are shopping online!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If only I hadn't spent my impulse money on a golf club last night...

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 03:10 PM by RicoTx.)

I've got a gorgeous golf course in my new neighborhood, maybe 10 houses away.  I don't know anybody here yet.  I'm going to have to be 'one of those guys' that goes out as a single and joins a group.  I don't like doing it.  My friends are used to my crappy golf.  Maybe next weekend.  At this point I just walk the dogs down to the cul de sac and watch others play and wish I was out there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-10-2020, 03:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I've got a gorgeous golf course in my new neighborhood, maybe 10 houses away.  I don't know anybody here yet.  I'm going to have to be 'one of those guys' that goes out as a single and joins a group.  I don't like doing it.  My friends are used to my crappy golf.  Maybe next weekend.  At this point I just walk the dogs down to the cul de sac and watch others play and wish I was out there.

You would be surprised at how many people think that your "crappy golf" is very good.  I consider it a good game if I actually hit the ball instead of a bunch of dirt and can actually find my ball somewhere near the fairway.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-10-2020, 03:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 03:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I've got a gorgeous golf course in my new neighborhood, maybe 10 houses away.  I don't know anybody here yet.  I'm going to have to be 'one of those guys' that goes out as a single and joins a group.  I don't like doing it.  My friends are used to my crappy golf.  Maybe next weekend.  At this point I just walk the dogs down to the cul de sac and watch others play and wish I was out there.

You would be surprised at how many people think that your "crappy golf" is very good.  I consider it a good game if I actually hit the ball instead of a bunch of dirt and can actually find my ball somewhere near the fairway.

I'm not horrible.  I guess it just depends on who you get paired up with.  It does actually add some pressure...for me anyway.  I was always a good athlete before I got ancient so I still have the competitive side.

When you hit a bad shot they'll look at each other in pleasant surprise and proclaim "He is one of us! Welcome, friend!"

(10-10-2020, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

When you hit a bad shot they'll look at each other in pleasant surprise and proclaim "He is one of us! Welcome, friend!"
[Image: FF160-D66-28-D0-49-DA-A9-DE-FF2-D2-A00-C78-A.jpg]

(10-10-2020, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

When you hit a bad shot and say, "Sorry guys, I'll buy the first round." they'll look at each other in pleasant surprise and proclaim "He is one of us! Welcome, friend!"

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-11-2020, 08:56 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When you hit a bad shot and say, "Sorry guys, I'll buy the first round." they'll look at each other in pleasant surprise and proclaim "He is one of us! Welcome, friend!"

If it worked like that everyone would be broke and impossibly drunk by the back nine.

#DYING  Laughing

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPvFqVHr66/...f92c73ve4w

Well we’ve decided to wait on the big move, it’ll happen in the future but for a multitude of reasons including both our parents still needing us around to help we’re going to wait a few more years. It was great to see wyoming and actually feel the plan starting to come together just not as fast as I had hoped a few weeks ago.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-13-2020, 11:24 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well we’ve decided to wait on the big move, it’ll happen in the future but for a multitude of reasons including both our parents still needing us around to help we’re going to wait a few more years. It was great to see wyoming and actually feel the plan starting to come together just not as fast as I had hoped a few weeks ago.

It is really hard to move away when you’ve got family to take care of.

Been listening to some OLD SCHOOL Rock lately......... Alvin Lee and Ten Years After
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(10-13-2020, 11:24 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well we’ve decided to wait on the big move, it’ll happen in the future but for a multitude of reasons including both our parents still needing us around to help we’re going to wait a few more years. It was great to see wyoming and actually feel the plan starting to come together just not as fast as I had hoped a few weeks ago.

Transplanting everyone isn't an option?

I was thinking about coming down there for another game but........... With the product they're putting on the field, it's not worth the $800 RT on the Amtrak and another $200+ for tickets and parking
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

If this isn't a sign of adulthood, I don't know what is.

I'm really digging my new Kobalt compound miter saw and Dewalt table saw.

(10-19-2020, 12:15 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I was thinking about coming down there for another game but........... With the product they're putting on the field, it's not worth the $800 RT on the Amtrak and another $200+ for tickets and parking

There were tickets for the Lions games yesterday on StubHub for $17.00 apiece. Seems you could fly for less than $800?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 12:15 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I was thinking about coming down there for another game but........... With the product they're putting on the field, it's not worth the $800 RT on the Amtrak and another $200+ for tickets and parking

There were tickets for the Lions games yesterday on StubHub for $17.00 apiece. Seems you could fly for less than $800?

I refuse to fly, I always get a private room on the Amtrak......

(10-19-2020, 08:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If this isn't a sign of adulthood, I don't know what is.  

But doesn’t that, like, invite, you know, work?

(10-19-2020, 08:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If this isn't a sign of adulthood, I don't know what is.  

There is nothing wrong with that. I love my power tools. If we want or need to build, replace, or fix something we pull out the tools and get it done. I am envious of your table saw.