Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 05:33 PM by Jags.)

(01-21-2021, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: When all else fails read the instructions.

I remember one time I asked how something worked. I was told “RTFM”.   I asked what that was.  Then was told “Read the [BLEEP] manual”.  Made me feel like a [BLEEP] at the time.  But excellent advice nonetheless. Advice I now share with others.  Especially to the Mrs!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: When all else fails read the instructions.

I remember one time I asked how something worked. I was told “RTFM”.   I asked what that was.  Then was told “Read the [BLEEP] manual”.  Made me feel like a [BLEEP] at the time.  But excellent advice nonetheless. Advice I now share with others.  Especially to the Mrs!

To be fair, it appeared to be plugged in.  The Roku was plugged into the HDMI jack in the back of the TV.  The power plug was in the wall.  What I didn't realize/remember was that the plug was actually in two pieces.  It had a USB jack that plugged into the half coming out of the wall about two feet behind the bureau the TV is sitting on.  It had somehow become dislodged.  I didn't notice until I found the second Roku (to a TV that we don't have set up yet).  I saw the cord and realized what probably happened.  Although I'm not sure how it would have come apart as it sits away from any foot traffic.  

Whatever...it's working again.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 06:03 PM by Jags.)

(01-21-2021, 05:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Jags Wrote: I remember one time I asked how something worked. I was told “RTFM”.   I asked what that was.  Then was told “Read the [BLEEP] manual”.  Made me feel like a [BLEEP] at the time.  But excellent advice nonetheless. Advice I now share with others.  Especially to the Mrs!

To be fair, it appeared to be plugged in.  The Roku was plugged into the HDMI jack in the back of the TV.  The power plug was in the wall.  What I didn't realize/remember was that the plug was actually in two pieces.  It had a USB jack that plugged into the half coming out of the wall about two feet behind the bureau the TV is sitting on.  It had somehow become dislodged.  I didn't notice until I found the second Roku (to a TV that we don't have set up yet).  I saw the cord and realized what probably happened.  Although I'm not sure how it would have come apart as it sits away from any foot traffic.  

It’s easy to overlook the simple stuff.   Especially in a case like that.  I wouldn’t have been thinking to check to see if it was unplugged at first either. 

I had a new guy come in 2 weeks ago.  He was [BLEEP] the blower wouldn’t start.   Granted, some pieces of equipment will have their quirks. But they’ll start up just fine if you know what they are.  It got to the point I picked the blower up.  It was cold. Usually just choke it if it hasn’t been running and kept warm.  If it’s been running, throttle lock, one pull, go!   Well since this dude was complaining so bad I started from the very beginning.  Open gas cap.  What? Bone dry? I called him over.  Found the problem.  He doesn’t work here anymore.

(01-21-2021, 06:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote: To be fair, it appeared to be plugged in.  The Roku was plugged into the HDMI jack in the back of the TV.  The power plug was in the wall.  What I didn't realize/remember was that the plug was actually in two pieces.  It had a USB jack that plugged into the half coming out of the wall about two feet behind the bureau the TV is sitting on.  It had somehow become dislodged.  I didn't notice until I found the second Roku (to a TV that we don't have set up yet).  I saw the cord and realized what probably happened.  Although I'm not sure how it would have come apart as it sits away from any foot traffic.  

It’s easy to overlook the simple stuff.   Especially in a case like that.  I wouldn’t have been thinking to check to see if it was unplugged at first either. 

I had a new guy come in 2 weeks ago.  He was [BLEEP] the blower wouldn’t start.   Granted, some pieces of equipment will have their quirks. But they’ll start up just fine if you know what they are.  It got to the point I picked the blower up.  It was cold. Usually just choke it if it hasn’t been running and kept warm.  If it’s been running, throttle lock, one pull, go!   Well since this dude was complaining so bad I started from the very beginning.  Open gas cap.  What? Bone dry? I called him over.  Found the problem.  He doesn’t work here anymore.

https://youtu.be/AynXoLjYrKc

(01-21-2021, 06:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:00 PM)Jags Wrote: It’s easy to overlook the simple stuff.   Especially in a case like that.  I wouldn’t have been thinking to check to see if it was unplugged at first either. 

https://youtu.be/AynXoLjYrKc

Lmao.  +1

No clue how that possibly escaped my mind at the time.  Next time someone does that, I’ll be sure to remember sling blade

Sling Blade has some straight up wisdom.

(01-21-2021, 08:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Sling Blade has some straight up wisdom.

Mmmm Hmmm

(01-21-2021, 08:39 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Sling Blade has some straight up wisdom.

Mmmm Hmmm

My husband can do a really good impersonation of Karl. And Beavis & Butthead. When he gets cranked up with it he'll have Karl "arguing" with Beavis about something. Fun times. Lol

It introduced me to mustard and biscuits..

I haven't been the same since..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I've always considered it one of my top 15 favorite movies. It was a low budget film with some serious star power: John Ritter, Robert Duvall, J.T. Walsh, Billy Bob Thornton. Dwight Yoakam even played a decent character. Most importantly, it shows what good writing can bring to a movie. It was a stroke of genius by Thornton.

(01-22-2021, 07:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I've always considered it one of my top 15 favorite movies. It was a low budget film with some serious star power: John Ritter, Robert Duvall, J.T. Walsh, Billy Bob Thornton. Dwight Yoakam even played a decent character. Most importantly, it shows what good writing can bring to a movie. It was a stroke of genius by Thornton.

Mine too. It is hands down one of the most underrated movies ever made. Thornton is a strange dude but I've always thought he's a good actor. He drew from his own experiences when writing the manuscript which might explain a few things. Freaking brilliant though.

This weather is nasty, miserable and depressing.

Sunny and we're in a heat wave in Maryland, it's 45 Degrees out lol
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Smoke N' Scan on youtube. It'll change your life. Lol.

Earthcam over Times Square (Live) on youtube is showing a crowd of folks and you can hear a guy singing Rollin' On the River by Credence Clearwater Revival.

Random Friday night channel surfing.

Torn muscle on ribs. Having the hiccups, not so bueno. Kinda funny. Makes me laugh at myself, which in turn, not so bueno. I still have no clue how the heck I pulled that darn muscle. Good gosh, will it ever heal?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2021, 09:50 PM by Jags.)

Couple questions,  

1. What’s your thoughts on bagpipes?  Lame at first thought.  But pretty damn cool at the same time.  Bon Scott proves the latter.  Since then, I’ve learned to respect them.

2. Beards.  I’ve decided to do it.  But Like all things in life, I’m all in or fold..  I don’t want a skinny Jean man bun beard.  I’m talking full on ZZ Top/Duck Dynasty beard.  Like what men were born to have.  I’m one month in.  I’m digging it and have purchased  beard products. Past the it’s itchy stage.  And I’ve got to say, these products have softened this sweet [BLEEP] man fur up.

(01-22-2021, 09:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Couple questions,  

1. What’s your thoughts on bagpipes?  Lame at first thought.  But pretty damn cool at the same time.  Bon Scott proves the latter.  Since then, I’ve learned to respect them.

2. Beards.  I’ve decided to do it.  But Like all things in life, I’m all in or fold..  I don’t want a skinny Jean man bun beard.  I’m talking full on ZZ Top/Duck Dynasty beard.  Like what men were born to have.  I’m one month in.  I’m digging it and have purchased  beard products. Past the it’s itchy stage.  And I’ve got to say, these products have softened this sweet [BLEEP] man fur up.

1. I can't listen to a bagpipe without thinking of 9/11. Ever. 

2. My brother has a Duck Dynasty beard, or as close as his facial hair allows. He was always clean shaven until he became best friends with an Army Spec Ops guy who was deployed more than anybody I know. Every time his buddy went out he grew a beard so my brother began growing his out as a way of support. Now his buddy is stateside until retirement but my brother keeps the beard. 

What product do you use? My brothers birthday is coming up and maybe I can get him something to tame that thing with. His wife would appreciate it.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 12:54 AM by WingerDinger.)

(01-22-2021, 09:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Couple questions,  

Bagpipes are cool dude..

I have a beard.. been growing it for a couple of years now.. kind of a devil beard that almost reaches my stomach.. I use Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner for it.. Gives it a nice shine and provides good form.. Makes the beard soft too..

Side note: I have two grey streaks on the sides of the beard.. Kinda cool..

(01-22-2021, 09:36 PM)Jags Wrote: Torn muscle on ribs.  Having the hiccups, not so bueno.  Kinda funny. Makes me laugh at myself, which in turn, not so bueno.  I still have no clue how the heck I pulled that darn muscle.  Good gosh, will it ever heal?

When I tore my labrum in my left shoulder about fifteen years ago doing landscaping, I never thought about it.

That is until I had to turn around and see what was in back of me.  It was before backup cams were in our vehicles.  So I'd get a reminder QUICKLY if I went to back up and forgot about it.

Oh...and the rib thing...hell, you can do that from sneezing too hard.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 12:02 PM by WingerDinger.)

We bought a new pup yesterday.. We drove from Green Cove to Melbourne to go and pick her up.. 8 week old German Shepherd pup. She came with AKC registration papers, but we decided not to register her. Don't feel the need to.. Plus her parents had weird German names like Sabre Von Rinehardt Heffenstandler, and we just like the name Bermuda for her.

[Image: 2jPDAv.jpg]