Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(02-20-2021, 09:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Most of, if not all of, the snow should melt off today.  If not, by tomorrow for sure.  Back to normal winter temps in the high 50s and low 60s.  I'd better never hear the phrase 'polar vortex' again.  [BLEEP] that [BLEEP].

But all of those beautiful snow angels you made will be gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2021, 05:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Success! Perseverance has safely landed.

We've just received the first image from the planet's surface.

[Image: D1-EB18-EA-F5-BC-4644-912-D-6257-E8-EB0-FAB.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: D91-D0790-2-D98-4608-836-B-4-F295-C7-C71-C6.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It was 57 degrees warmer today than last Sunday.

I could hardly tell the difference.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Where is Rollerjag? I feel like he hasn't been around for awhile.

The fact he didn't show up to spit on Rush Limbaugh's legacy has me seriously worried about his well-being. I hope my concerns are unfounded.

(02-18-2021, 05:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 10:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's happening today.

NASA's Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission: Live updates | Space

____________________________________________________________________________________

Plus an interesting article on China's goals for space as a tool for military and geopolitical dominance. 

How Mars became the prize for the new space race – and why China is hellbent on winning it | Space

USCC_China's Space Power Goals.pdf

Success! Perseverance has safely landed.

Check this out. HD video of a spacecraft landing itself on another planet. 

Watch the Perseverance rover land on Mars in this epic first-of-its-kind video | Space

(02-22-2021, 10:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Success! Perseverance has safely landed.

Check this out. HD video of a spacecraft landing itself on another planet. 

Watch the Perseverance rover land on Mars in this epic first-of-its-kind video | Space

That's pretty damn sweet..  We've come so far in a matter of 50-60 years..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

So, anyone plan on going to the new bucee's and trying the brisket sammiches? Been watching the coverage on the news all day.. Gotta say, doesn’t look half bad for gas station grub..

Might just take a drive out that way this weekend..

(02-22-2021, 11:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So, anyone plan on going to the new bucee's and trying the brisket sammiches? Been watching the coverage on the news all day.. Gotta say, doesn’t look half bad for gas station grub..

We had to check one out when I was in Dallas a few weeks ago. That is an impressive gas station!

(02-22-2021, 09:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Where is Rollerjag? I feel like he hasn't been around for awhile.

The fact he didn't show up to spit on Rush Limbaugh's legacy has me seriously worried about his well-being. I hope my concerns are unfounded.

No kidding. Do the mods not have a way to contact him to check in? Email? Something?

(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So, anyone plan on going to the new bucee's and trying the brisket sammiches? Been watching the coverage on the news all day.. Gotta say, doesn’t look half bad for gas station grub..

We had to check one out when I was in Dallas a few weeks ago. That is an impressive gas station!

The news showed shots of the beef jerky display case.. I started droolin lol

I love brisket, but with Bono's half a mile away, I don't expect to drive to St Augustine to get it at a gas station.  Do they have a real wood-fired smoker pit?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-23-2021, 12:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

I love brisket, but with Bono's half a mile away, I don't expect to drive to St Augustine to get it at a gas station.  Do they have a real wood-fired smoker pit?

No idea dude

We passed by that place on our route yesterday.  Parking lot was completely packed!!!

(02-23-2021, 08:21 AM)Jags Wrote:

We passed by that place on our route yesterday.  Parking lot was completely packed!!!

Yeah, after reading your post, I'm reconsidered the drive out this weekend.. Might wait for the novelty to die down..

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 09:12 AM by RicoTx.)

If you have not been to a Buccee's, you will be amazed, and not just at the brisket.

(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

'Gas station'.  Lol
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-23-2021, 09:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

If you have not been to a Buccee's, you will be amazed, and not just at the brisket.

(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We had to check one out when I was in Dallas a few weeks ago. That is an impressive gas station!

'Gas station'.  Lol

Yeah I've been reading up on some of the other stuff they offer.. When we do decide to go, I told my wife that I'm loading up on at least 40-50 bucks worth of their beef jerky.

I went into a couple of Bucee's in Texas. They are impressively clean and abundant with their offerings. Especially the trinket store where all the merchandise of local theme is made in China.

(02-23-2021, 08:39 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:21 AM)Jags Wrote: We passed by that place on our route yesterday.  Parking lot was completely packed!!!

Yeah, after reading your post, I'm reconsidered the drive out this weekend.. Might wait for the novelty to die down..

I want to check it out as well. As far as it dying down..it’s right off the interstate. It’ll be to “go to” place to stop for people passing through.  So I’m not sure how much it’ll die down.  Also explained why the gate gas station a mile west was dead at 1245.  

I was reading up on it and the inside square footage supposedly is well bigger than the average Publix store. 

If I make it in, I’ll let you know.  But looks like others have answered about other locations.

(02-23-2021, 09:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We had to check one out when I was in Dallas a few weeks ago. That is an impressive gas station!

'Gas station'.  Lol

Gas super store?