Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(02-28-2021, 09:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 08:27 PM)Jags Wrote: It’s been a while since I’ve headed south. That’s near Daytona, right?  I suppose it doesn’t matter with the new one so close.   I didn’t know they had another  one that close.   But, man, you guys are making me hungry for a damn bbq brisket sandwich! That and I’d like to roam the store and check it out for myself.  Seems like a pretty nice place.

Exit before the 'main' Daytona exit.  I think they started it a little after the one on the WGV exit...but not much after.

I have two within 20 minutes of me now.  They're generally pretty full, but nothing like you're describing.

They also have really good fudge and cookies.  They have these quarter size lemon cookies that I'd fight for.  Plus the brisket and the jerky.

The fudge is crazy good. The wife bought a sampler box with like 25 different flavors in it.. Coulda sworn she gave me a snickers fudge square..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-28-2021, 09:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Exit before the 'main' Daytona exit.  I think they started it a little after the one on the WGV exit...but not much after.

I have two within 20 minutes of me now.  They're generally pretty full, but nothing like you're describing.

They also have really good fudge and cookies.  They have these quarter size lemon cookies that I'd fight for.  Plus the brisket and the jerky.

The fudge is crazy good. The wife bought a sampler box with like 25 different flavors in it.. Coulda sworn she gave me a snickers fudge square..

Y’all are driving me crazy!!!   I’m off tomorrow and surely they’re almost dead right now.  It’s tempting to head over there now!

(02-28-2021, 09:16 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The fudge is crazy good. The wife bought a sampler box with like 25 different flavors in it.. Coulda sworn she gave me a snickers fudge square..

Y’all are driving me crazy!!!   I’m off tomorrow and surely they’re almost dead right now.  It’s tempting to head over there now!

lolol

Coulda sworn I seen a sign say that they're open 24-7, 365..

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 09:26 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-28-2021, 09:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:16 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all are driving me crazy!!!   I’m off tomorrow and surely they’re almost dead right now.  It’s tempting to head over there now!

lolol

Coulda sworn I seen a sign say that they're open 24-7, 365..

They are.

(02-28-2021, 09:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Exit before the 'main' Daytona exit.  I think they started it a little after the one on the WGV exit...but not much after.

Buy a container of the Lemon Crisp cookies.

You can thank me later.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 09:27 PM by Jags.)

I’ll summon my driver! ONWARD! To the house of Bucee!

(02-28-2021, 09:06 PM)Jags Wrote:

So, I’ve  be got to ask..  how is it set up on the inside?  With the square footage it seems like it’s bigger than a Publix.  I’m hearing about all this prepared food.  I have an image in my head of different “departments” with different foods plus other necessities thrown in between.  I have visions of a food court meets Publix/Walmart.  Is it that awesome?

It's hard to explain.  There's no food court.  They have everything in the world in there.  Food, clothes, beer, candy, fudge, cookies, grills.  It's like a mega-convenience store.  You need to go in and browse around.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 09:39 PM by Jags.)

(02-28-2021, 09:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:06 PM)Jags Wrote: So, I’ve  be got to ask..  how is it set up on the inside?  With the square footage it seems like it’s bigger than a Publix.  I’m hearing about all this prepared food.  I have an image in my head of different “departments” with different foods plus other necessities thrown in between.  I have visions of a food court meets Publix/Walmart.  Is it that awesome?

It's hard to explain.  There's no food court.  They have everything in the world in there.  Food, clothes, beer, candy, fudge, cookies, grills.  It's like a mega-convenience store.  You need to go in and browse around.

Turns out my driver (wife) has to work in the morning. She’s such a peasant, I know.  Smh.  I may just have to head down there tomorrow.  You guys are talking it up too damn much.  Perhaps I can bring the Mrs and I back something good for lunch.  But the way it’s talked about I need to get her butt in there too sometime as well.  That is, if I ever return.

Returning from Orlando yesterday I stopped at the Daytona exit to get gas where they happen to be finishing up a Bucees. It's so close to being done that they have a security guard parked at the entrance turning hopeful customers away.

At the RaceTrac down the road, the pump I went to wouldn't read my card. After circling a couple of times to find an open pump, I lost patience and went to the 7-11 across the intersection where I encountered not one, but two inoperable pumps (thank you lady in minivan with Oregon plates telling me the second pump didn't work as you drove away). Now aggravated, I went back to the RaceTrac where I finally got to a pump only to discover it dispensing fuel at a rate of about a gallon every 30 seconds. I put enough gas in to get us home and then laughed in sadistic derision knowing that both of these places with their crappy service will be banished to gas station hell by the soon-to-be-open Bucees within their sight.

I looked over at the Bucees at WGV while passing by and saw nothing but a sea of cars. Are we really this bored in NE Florida?

(03-01-2021, 09:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Returning from Orlando yesterday I stopped at the Daytona exit to get gas where they happen to be finishing up a Bucees. It's so close to being done that they have a security guard parked at the entrance turning hopeful customers away.

At the RaceTrac down the road, the pump I went to wouldn't read my card. After circling a couple of times to find an open pump, I lost patience and went to the 7-11 across the intersection where I encountered not one, but two inoperable pumps (thank you lady in minivan with Oregon plates telling me the second pump didn't work as you drove away). Now aggravated, I went back to the RaceTrac where I finally got to a pump only to discover it dispensing fuel at a rate of about a gallon every 30 seconds. I put enough gas in to get us home and then laughed in sadistic derision knowing that both of these places with their crappy service will be banished to gas station hell by the soon-to-be-open Bucees within their sight.

I looked over at the Bucees at WGV while passing by and saw nothing but a sea of cars. Are we really this bored in NE Florida?

Ya know, it might just be that the owners of those stations are conceding the market to the Buc and refuse to dump any more money into stations that they know won't make it.

And yes, we are really that bored.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-01-2021, 09:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 09:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Returning from Orlando yesterday I stopped at the Daytona exit to get gas where they happen to be finishing up a Bucees. It's so close to being done that they have a security guard parked at the entrance turning hopeful customers away.

Ya know, it might just be that the owners of those stations are conceding the market to the Buc and refuse to dump any more money into stations that they know won't make it.

I considered that but then chalked it up to being in the Daytona area. I don't know why, but everything seems to be half-[BLEEP] around there. At least to me.

(03-01-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 09:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ya know, it might just be that the owners of those stations are conceding the market to the Buc and refuse to dump any more money into stations that they know won't make it.

I considered that but then chalked it up to being in the Daytona area. I don't know why, but everything seems to be half-[BLEEP] around there. At least to me.

...or you got off on the wrong exit.

(03-01-2021, 10:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I considered that but then chalked it up to being in the Daytona area. I don't know why, but everything seems to be half-[BLEEP] around there. At least to me.

...or you got off on the wrong exit.

Not a chance. I know exactly where in Oklahoma I was.

(03-01-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: Sean-Penn-Golden-Globes-hair.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1366216905959366656

My guess is.. He's back with Madonna..

I had to drive down to ST A. to pick up my taxes. At 830 am passing WGV I saw it was packed. I was going to stop on the way back but I decided to hold off after seeing that. I did watch a video online a guy filmed the grand opening. So, now I know what it’s like inside. Impressive. Maybe next time!

I went inside a Wawa.  I was impressed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-01-2021, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I went inside a Wawa.  I was impressed.

Wawa soft pretzels rock

Banana

(03-01-2021, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I went inside a Wawa.  I was impressed.

Now that is a place I’ve been to numerous times up north.  But I don’t remember it being any better than a Gate or anything.

(03-01-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: Sean-Penn-Golden-Globes-hair.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1366216905959366656

That's hilarious and accurate.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 07:03 PM by Jags.)

Something that dawn on me the other day...  I wonder what the people in the Southern Hemisphere feel about the “summer” Olympics. Same with winter.  For some reason, that popped in my head the other day for no apparent reason.