Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

I just ate a rotten pistachio and it tasted like a blueberry..

I don't know what to think because I like blueberries..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-26-2021, 06:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I just ate a rotten pistachio and it tasted like a blueberry..

Navel Orangeworm  Ninja

(08-26-2021, 07:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 06:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I just ate a rotten pistachio and it tasted like a blueberry..

Navel Orangeworm  Ninja

Whatever it was, it's processed now lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2021, 03:13 PM by RicoTx.)

Getting ready to go visit my wife's family the next week or so.  I need the time off.  I've had up to here with my manager.  Of course he's trying to make me do all kinds of last-minute [BLEEP] before I leave.

I can hear the bar on concourse A at DFW calling my name in the distance.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-27-2021, 03:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Getting ready to go visit my wife's family the next week or so.  I need the time off.  I've had up to here with my manager.  Of course he's trying to make me do all kinds of last-minute [BLEEP] before I leave.

Enjoy your time off away from everything and everyone....... Have fun with the wife's family too....... Never drank at an airport bar (because I refuse to fly) but tip a few for me.........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-27-2021, 03:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Getting ready to go visit my wife's family the next week or so.  I need the time off.  I've had up to here with my manager.  Of course he's trying to make me do all kinds of last-minute [BLEEP] before I leave.

Have you thought about telling your manager to shove  it up his/her [BLEEP]?  If you can run an edger or weed eater…. Yeah… maybe knock out the last few things.  Seems like that is going around.  My wife’s job is demanding now even more than it was.  She and the rest of us that choose to work are having quite the time here lately.  I hope you make the best of your mini trip.  My guys and I are on cloud 9 right now after soliciting the help of my wife to construct a very precisely worded email out to our clients.  I had 23 people tell us to hold off this week!!! That was for Friday alone!  That along with the work we we able to do, means we have a 2 day weekend!!!! Wooohooo!   Drinks on me boys and girls!

After I had punched out this afternoon my boss messages me to say he needs a list of feedback questions for submission to our prime contractor. This isn't something that can be hammered out extemporaneously, it requires a fair bit of material to review. This after being under a tight deadline to get another job fulfilled.

"Today?"
"Yes."
"That's a bunch of material to go through. Can't they give us a couple of days for review?"
"We really don't have a couple of days"..."I can wait till Monday."

Well thank you very much considering you had most of the day to ask for this.

I really hope the people on the Gulf coast have learned by now to get the hell out of Dodge when a major hurricane is coming their way.

(08-28-2021, 10:14 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I really hope the people on the Gulf coast have learned by now to get the hell out of Dodge when a major hurricane is coming their way.

You would think so. It’s going to be a doozy too.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 04:07 PM by RicoTx. Edited 3 times in total.)

(08-27-2021, 06:58 PM)Jags Wrote:

Have you thought about telling your manager to shove  it up his/her [BLEEP]?  If you can run an edger or weed eater…. Yeah… maybe knock out the last few things.  Seems like that is going around.  My wife’s job is demanding now even more than it was.  She and the rest of us that choose to work are having quite the time here lately.  I hope you make the best of your mini trip.  My guys and I are on cloud 9 right now after soliciting the help of my wife to construct a very precisely worded email out to our clients.  I had 23 people tell us to hold off this week!!! That was for Friday alone!  That along with the work we we able to do, means we have a 2 day weekend!!!! Wooohooo!   Drinks on me boys and girls!

Let's just say the money I make couldn't be made up doing landscaping.  Although my stress factor would definitely be reduced.

Quite honestly, I have so much more experience and quite frankly know so much more than this clown it makes it hard to take.  I have fantasized many times about telling him to go [BLEEP] himself.  

I really want to lay low for a couple of years, collect my salary, and retire.

But he's making it awfully hard.

Who knew they had moonshine here?

For those of you who think of Pittsburgh as some urban [BLEEP] hole...you need to see where I am.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 07:09 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-28-2021, 04:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 06:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Have you thought about telling your manager to shove  it up his/her [BLEEP]?  If you can run an edger or weed eater…. Yeah… maybe knock out the last few things.  Seems like that is going around.  My wife’s job is demanding now even more than it was.  She and the rest of us that choose to work are having quite the time here lately.  I hope you make the best of your mini trip.  My guys and I are on cloud 9 right now after soliciting the help of my wife to construct a very precisely worded email out to our clients.  I had 23 people tell us to hold off this week!!! That was for Friday alone!  That along with the work we we able to do, means we have a 2 day weekend!!!! Wooohooo!   Drinks on me boys and girls!

Let's just say the money I make couldn't be made up doing landscaping.  Although my stress factor would definitely be reduced.

Quite honestly, I have so much more experience and quite frankly know so much more than this clown it makes it hard to take.  I have fantasized many times about telling him to go [BLEEP] himself.  

I really want to lay low for a couple of years, collect my salary, and retire.

But he's making it awfully hard.

Unless you bought the company, I can’t pay six figures.  It used to be stress free back in the day.  It used to be fun as well.  But the labor issue, workload and nonstop rain ahas changed that.  It’s now a job.  I used to not care that Monday morning arrived, now I dread it.  

I feel for ya.  Like I said, my wife is also dealing with a lot at her job as well. I think it’s everywhere, tbh. If you have a job these days, more than likely it’s getting getting to you by now.  2020/2021 (I’ll leave it at that) has done a lot of damage and affected much more aspects of life other than just worrying about the virus.

Flipping through the channels I see Fast Times at Ridgemont High is on. I have to take a peek, just in time to see the opening classroom scene with Spicolli showing up late. But what gave me a chuckle was the scene I had forgotten about when Mr. Hand passes out the class schedule to the students. The first thing they all did was smell the paper.

See a rocket launch sideways. It's pretty impressive how this rocket gimbals its motors to compensate for one that failed during launch. The rocket didn't make it to orbit because the engines were shutdown at over 100,000 feet. But the fact it made it that far with such a sideways hovering launch is spectacular. 

Astra rocket fails to reach space during test launch for US military | Space

(08-29-2021, 10:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: See a rocket launch sideways. It's pretty impressive how this rocket gimbals its motors to compensate for one that failed during launch. The rocket didn't make it to orbit because the engines were shutdown at over 100,000 feet. But the fact it made it that far with such a sideways hovering launch is spectacular. 

Astra rocket fails to reach space during test launch for US military | Space

Interesting.

I personally have never experienced rocket launch failure.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Sarah: zach we have a hurricane coming
Zach: i know doll.
Sarah: did you get supplies?
Zach: yes……. ?
Sarah: Busch light is not supplies…. We need food and water zach… ya know… somthing we can survive on.
Zach: busch light has 95 calories per can, i am on a 2200 calorie a day diet… i am also more than capable of drinking a case within a 12 hour day which is 2280 calories so actually i would be in a surplus of calories by the end of the day.
Sarah: (rolls her eyes) laughs under her breath and walks away.
Zach: (whispers like mufasa under my breath) “ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE, YOUR READY, YOU HAVE TRAINED FOR THIS”
Sarah: (shouts from the hallway) “THIS IS WHY WOMEN LIVE LONGER”
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I had two trees taken out and their stumps grinded today. I’m surprised by how much it opens up the conservation area behind my fence. Now I can see all the trees without all the damn trees.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 09:17 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-30-2021, 08:56 PM)Jags Wrote: I had two trees taken out and their stumps grinded today.  I’m surprised by how much it opens up the conservation area  behind my fence. Now I can see all the trees without all the damn trees.

You couldn't see the forest for trees, quite literally.

My house was one of the first ones built in my neighborhood. The first thing I did was remove the oak tree saplings they planted in the front and back yards. That was 18 years ago. Within the last couple of years, three houses on my street have paid to have their oak trees removed. Oak trees don't belong around a house. Not only do they stunt the growth of grass, litter the ground with little leaves that also plug up the drain passages on cars and push up sidewalks and driveways, but also have a nasty habit of creating insurance claims on your homeowner policy when storm and hurricane winds kick up. Oak trees belong in the middle of wide open space and places not also occupied by structures.