Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-06-2021, 08:37 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Sorry to pile on bad news I just need to put it down on black and white it helps me some how, but we’re up to 6 funerals now my father in law finally passed this week from long suffering complications. Hardest let is telling my kids their grandfather has died.

This year sucks

Sorry to hear that Eric, my condolences.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-06-2021, 08:37 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Sorry to pile on bad news I just need to put it down on black and white it helps me some how, but we’re up to 6 funerals now my father in law finally passed this week from long suffering complications. Hardest let is telling my kids their grandfather has died.

This year sucks

My condolences dude.. I'm kinda in the same boat. Lost 3 on my side of the family and my wife lost 4 this year. Only 1 from covid. The others were from poor health and old age.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I’m sorry Eric. It’s been tough year for many. I know it doesn’t help. I hope the wife and kids are as best they can be in these hard times. Prayers, brother!

SO my grocery store had Family sized bags of Lay's potato chips on sale the other day, 2 for $6. So I went ahead and picked up 4 bags, one regular, one sour cream and onion, one BBQ, and one jalapeno and cheddar. I just opened the jalapeno and cheddar the other day and OH BOY OH BOY, are they spicey. I think they put in more jalapeno than cheddar to tell the truth. I could only eat a handful at a time before I was chugging down a cold beer. My tongue was begging for mercy. OS if you like foods that bite you bag, pick up a bag, you won't be sorry......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(10-04-2021, 11:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Captain Kirk is going to space - for real.  

Very cool.

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/statu...64065?s=20

This year sucks

Sorry, Eric. Hopefully your family is rich with memories of those who have passed on.

We've been fortunate this year, but as we all get older, I start to wonder how soon before this is our reality, too. Both our parents are the youngest in the family, so a lot of aunts, uncles, and parents in their 70s....and then there's my gram, gonna be 94 and still going strong.

Be ready....one day in the future, out of the blue, your youngest will spontaneously start crying, say "I miss [grampy]" and you will melt. My girl got me with that one last week.

(10-06-2021, 11:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: SO my grocery store had Family sized bags of Lay's potato chips on sale the other day, 2 for $6. So I went ahead and picked up 4 bags, one regular, one sour cream and onion, one BBQ, and one jalapeno and cheddar. I just opened the jalapeno and cheddar the other day and OH BOY OH BOY, are they spicey. I think they put in more jalapeno than cheddar to tell the truth. I could only eat a handful at a time before I was chugging down a cold beer. My tongue was begging for mercy. OS if you like foods that bite you bag, pick up a bag, you won't be sorry......

those Doritos roulette chips might be the spiciest chips I've had. They were definitely over the top and you had to eat in small doses.

I saw they brought em back this year, and I knew better than to abuse myself again

This year sucks

I’m so sorry Eric. My thoughts are with you and your family.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 07:34 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

My neighbor sold her house after 13 plus years of being her neighbor.  An investor bought it.  Had a few months of no neighbors! Saweet!

I see this woman over there a few times.  Seems like she is looking at it.  The third time, I over hear her saying to people that live down the street that she moves in Friday.  The other times she was out there she smiles and waives.  This time, we catch eyes and I can see she’s open to conversation.  So I say “ you gonna be my new neighbor?” We meet at the property line and make small talk and introduce ourselves and such.  This woman has all the right curves in all the right places.  She’s kinda hawt. Towards the end of the convo, she asks me again my name.  She asks, you’ve got a daughter too right? Yes, her name is “xxxxx”.  Then she simply asks “wife???” 

[BLEEP] you asking way too many damn questions.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it was a really long day. When I posted earlier he was thought to be brain dead early this week that’s why we thought he was already gone. Found out he was not brain dead but had multiple organ failures including kidneys lungs liver and heart he was artificially being kept alive by the machines. We took him off the machines today and he died with his family around him within 15 min it was fast and painful.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Happier news took e rest of the week off spending sometime with family the kids are enjoying me home
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This is how you make profit from selling a car.

On This Day in Space! Oct. 9, 1992: Peekskill Meteorite Lands in New York | Space

(10-09-2021, 09:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is how you make profit from selling a car.

On This Day in Space! Oct. 9, 1992: Peekskill Meteorite Lands in New York | Space

What's a meteorite about the size of a softball worth in today's market?  
My grandfather was almost hit by one many years ago.  After it cooled off he dug it out of the ground and took it home.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-09-2021, 11:52 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is how you make profit from selling a car.

What's a meteorite about the size of a softball worth in today's market?  
My grandfather was almost hit by one many years ago.  After it cooled off he dug it out of the ground and took it home.

https://astrogallery.com/collections/pri...meteorites

[Image: d4fee536d28c29541975bb897b0f4088.jpg]

(10-09-2021, 01:14 PM)Jags Wrote: [Image: d4fee536d28c29541975bb897b0f4088.jpg]

"Oh look!! A space peanut!!"
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-07-2021, 07:31 PM)Jags Wrote: My neighbor sold her house after 13 plus years of being her neighbor.  An investor bought it.  Had a few months of no neighbors! Saweet!

I see this woman over there a few times.  Seems like she is looking at it.  The third time, I over hear her saying to people that live down the street that she moves in Friday.  The other times she was out there she smiles and waives.  This time, we catch eyes and I can see she’s open to conversation.  So I say “ you gonna be my new neighbor?” We meet at the property line and make small talk and introduce ourselves and such.  This woman has all the right curves in all the right places.  She’s kinda hawt. Towards the end of the convo, she asks me again my name.  She asks, you’ve got a daughter too right? Yes, her name is “xxxxx”.  Then she simply asks “wife???” 

If I understand this correctly, your new female neighbor, who is "hawt" with "all the right curves in all the right places", is possibly attracted to you and this annoys you?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 07:40 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-09-2021, 06:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 07:31 PM)Jags Wrote: My neighbor sold her house after 13 plus years of being her neighbor.  An investor bought it.  Had a few months of no neighbors! Saweet!

If I understand this correctly, your new female neighbor, who is "hawt" with "all the right curves in all the right places", is possibly attracted to you and this annoys you?

[BLEEP] no.  What’s wrong with you man?  Smile
(I tried to add the Office Space pic of the dude saying “two chicks at one”. Wouldn’t work). 

(10-09-2021, 03:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 01:14 PM)Jags Wrote: [Image: d4fee536d28c29541975bb897b0f4088.jpg]

"Oh look!! A space peanut!!"

That’s the first thought I had when Sneakers said his dad found one.  But I like him so I did t want to come off as calling his dad out

(10-09-2021, 06:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

He wasn't annoyed until Hawt Neighbor asked him if he has a wife.

(10-09-2021, 09:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 06:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote: If I understand this correctly, your new female neighbor, who is "hawt" with "all the right curves in all the right places", is possibly attracted to you and this annoys you?

He wasn't annoyed until Hawt Neighbor asked him if he has a wife.

I’m ashamed to admit it, but  you may be right.  And I also suggest Sneakers crosses out the word “possibly” in his post.  I mean, c’mon,   Is there any doubt?  Just look at me!  Smile