Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(11-17-2021, 04:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tomato paste or Hunt’s meatloaf sauce. Ketchup belongs on one thing, and one thing only, French fries.

Ketchup goes on steak, eggs, corned beef hash, a cheeseburger,  steak and eggs, grits, baked potatoes, meatloaf, hash browns, hot dogs, bologna sandwiches , eggs and steak, and occasionally potato salad. Some of those need a little Mayo to go along with it too.

Seek help, you obviously need it. Sick
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2021, 09:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So, funny this subject is being discussed.

There's this 9 or 10 year old bowling next to us wearing a shirt that says "I put ketchup on my ketchup".

That's a tough league you're in!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-18-2021, 10:13 AM)Is Sneakers Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 09:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So, funny this subject is being discussed.

There's this 9 or 10 year old bowling next to us wearing a shirt that says "I put ketchup on my ketchup".

That's a tough league you're in!

The slap fights in the parking lot are vicious.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 11:15 AM by Mikey.)

(11-17-2021, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tomato paste or Hunt’s meatloaf sauce. Ketchup belongs on one thing, and one thing only, French fries.

Ketchup is for toddlers only. Good fries don't need lube.

Only exception would be the juices dripping off a burger (which also is not appropriate receptacle for ketchup)

(11-17-2021, 12:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 11:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: ^^^THIS^^^

(11-17-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: *fistbump*

Highly agreed with both

y'all are savages! Smile 

next question - chuck the raw loaf in the oven, or pan-fry to brown the outside first?

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 11:22 AM by Mikey.)

Ketchup goes on steak, eggs, corned beef hash, a cheeseburger,  steak and eggs, grits, baked potatoes, meatloaf, hash browns, hot dogs, bologna sandwiches , eggs and steak, and occasionally potato salad. Some of those need a little Mayo to go along with it too.

putting ketchup on any of these foods is an insult to those foods and the person who prepared them.

Quote:potato salad
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

(11-17-2021, 05:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ketchup goes on steak, eggs, corned beef hash, a cheeseburger,  steak and eggs, grits, baked potatoes, meatloaf, hash browns, hot dogs, bologna sandwiches , eggs and steak, and occasionally potato salad. Some of those need a little Mayo to go along with it too.

Just go hang your head in shame somewhere, ketchup boy..

Ketchup should be kept far away from steak at all times..

right? a dish prepared well does not require sauces for flavoring.

only exception might be a little horseradish on the side of a roast

(11-17-2021, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My BIL ate ketchup on biscuits and gravy. How does that combination even occur to anyone?

@....probably after you put ketchup on your potato salad, and figure your taste buds are already dead, so why not ketchup everything?@

I use tabasco/hot sauces in a lot of these instances. Put a little heat in the food, get the taste buds at attention. I guess ketchup is for those who think ranch is a little too zingy for their palates  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 11:37 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Okay, put me down in the pro-ketchup camp.  I like ketchup on lots of things.

For what it's worth, I am on your side on this.

I know you guys were just waiting for me to weigh in on this matter, so there you have it.

(11-18-2021, 11:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 10:13 AM)Is Sneakers Wrote: That's a tough league you're in!

The slap fights in the parking lot are vicious.

A girl to boot!  This thing could get ugly and escalate to an un-friending on Facebook.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 09:01 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ok, I’ve got a weird question.  Perhaps I can google the probability of this happening, and I’m sure I will.  Sometimes when you’re on your own island (mower) you think Odd past events and other weird stuff.  I enjoy my job, it allows my mind to think and wonder.  Too bad it’s not any Einstein stuff. 

I saw a flying “V” of birds and recollected upon my childhood.  I was wearing a green pair of shorts and practicing baseball alone.  Throwing the ball high up and catching the “pop up”.  That is until a birdie pooped  on me.  Sure, reminds me of Stewart from Mad Tv, I think.  But yes a bird shat itself on me.  Made me wonder the odds of it happening.  Then asked others around me if that ever happened to them.  Long way of asking.  But have you ever had a bird bomb baste your body?

(11-18-2021, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Ok, I’ve got a weird question.  Perhaps I can google the probability of this happening, and I’m sure I will.  Sometimes when you’re on your own island (mower) you think Odd past events and other weird stuff.  I enjoy my job, it allows my mind to think and wonder.  Too bad it’s not any Einstein stuff. 

I saw a flying “V” of birds and recollected upon my childhood.  I was wearing a green pair of shorts and practicing baseball alone.  Throwing the ball high up and catching the “pop up”.  That is until a birdie pooped  on me.  Sure, reminds me of Stewart from Mad Tv, I think.  But yes a bird shat itself on me.  Made me wonder the odds of it happening.  Then asked others around me if that ever happened to them.  Long way of asking.  But have you ever had a bird bomb baste your body?

Yes, while standing at attention in formation inside an aircraft hangar while undergoing a personnel inspection. Right down my back. I didn't realize it until my division officer, who was inspecting, asks me "Homebiscuit, did you know a bird [BLEEP] on you?" "Uh, no sir." 

Regardless, I passed with an outstanding, which left the guy next to me fuming because he thought he should have gotten an outstanding as well. What can I say, the D.O. was a fellow Kentuckian and UK Wildcats fan. Wink

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 10:10 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-18-2021, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Ok, I’ve got a weird question.  Perhaps I can google the probability of this happening, and I’m sure I will.  Sometimes when you’re on your own island (mower) you think Odd past events and other weird stuff.  I enjoy my job, it allows my mind to think and wonder.  Too bad it’s not any Einstein stuff. 

Yes, while standing at attention in formation inside an aircraft hangar while undergoing a personnel inspection. Right down my back. I didn't realize it until my division officer, who was inspecting, asks me "Homebiscuit, did you know a bird [BLEEP] on you?" "Uh, no sir." 

Regardless, I passed with an outstanding, which left the guy next to me fuming because he thought he should have gotten an outstanding as well. What can I say, the D.O. was a fellow Kentuckian and UK Wildcats fan. Wink
Lmao.  I was only 5 or six maybe.  Ran inside to my mom all grossed out.  But in formation for inspection certainly takes the cake.  That’ll be hard to beat. 

Still curious to see how common it is from others.  I felt like it was something that happened to someone at least once in their life.   But asking around, I’m finding I may be wrong 

That reminds me my brother is known to let out some nasty farts.  He’s in the Army.  Told me they were in formation fo something.  He let one out and it was so rank that everyone around him including himself were mixed between laughing and holding back from dry heaving.  Of course it caught the attention to whoever was over it.  (I’m not military, I don’t know) he comes in to get on to the guys/chew them out and catches a whiff. From what I’m told, it even caught that guy off guard.  No one got chewed out.

Googling the odds are a bit difficult. Figured it would be cut and dry. We know the odds of getting bit by a shark and struck by lightning, catching a foul ball, lotto, etc. but searching this one is not yielding me a true result or even a ballpark probability.

Are you sure it was poop?

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 06:18 PM by Mikey.)

we were on vacation, I was 12. Cave City, Kentucky. I remember all this particularly because it was also the summer I broke my arm. That bird dropped a bomb that seeped into my plaster cast. can't get it wet, so good luck cleaning the funk out.

I may have cursed that bird more than the ancient mariner cursed the albatross.

(11-18-2021, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

would have probably become the new standard to be evaluated against had you replied "Sir, yes, sir!"

Thank you for your service.

I getting that birds apparently like to [BLEEP] on people with a good sense of humor. At least I’m in good company.

Supposedly getting pooped on by a bird is good luck.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Well, sitting here for an early, early, breakfast. Mrs. Rico and I are headed to Jax for the game and some visitin' for four days. German pancakes and then off to DFW.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-20-2021, 06:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, sitting here for an early, early, breakfast.  Mrs. Rico and I are headed to Jax for the game and some visitin' for four days.  German pancakes and then off to DFW.

Spent 6 hours in DFW a couple months ago during a scheduled 45 minute connection.  Good luck.  

On the plus side, forecast for Sunday at 1pm is sunny and 73 degrees.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 09:05 AM by RicoTx.)

Good deal of 49ers fans on my flight.  A good 15-20 that I see with 49ers gear on.

(11-20-2021, 08:34 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 06:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, sitting here for an early, early, breakfast.  Mrs. Rico and I are headed to Jax for the game and some visitin' for four days.  German pancakes and then off to DFW.

Spent 6 hours in DFW a couple months ago during a scheduled 45 minute connection.  Good luck.  

[BLEEP] happens.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-20-2021, 09:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good deal of 49ers fans on my flight.  A good 15-20 that I see with 49ers gear on.

(11-20-2021, 08:34 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Spent 6 hours in DFW a couple months ago during a scheduled 45 minute connection.  Good luck.  

[BLEEP] happens.

I hope you're wearing Jags gear.  

Seems like a lot of it happened that day.  My original flight was nonstop, Fort Lauderdale to Denver.  Three hours after that was canceled, I was rerouted for a "quick" connection in DFW.