Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

[Image: freezing.jpg]

When you live in a Northen Climate area......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Speaking of Dentists/ Orthodontists, I get so many flyers for dentists and orthodontists. I always found it strange. I don’t get flyers for other doctors. Just the teeth ones. My daughter got a shirt from school for an activity they did here recently. The shirt had its sponsors on the back. 17 sponsers on this shirt. 6 of which are dentists or orthodontists. Are dentists really that hard up to find clients? Serious question. These dentists/orthodontists are seemingly trying to compete with the auto warranty people.

[Image: PBSliquor.jpg]

One of my favorite comic strips, Pearls Before Swine....... Rat seems to have the solution to everything....... LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

So I'm on the way to breakfast and this old Dodge Caravan pulls up next to me at the light. I looked over and I couldn't believe all of the [BLEEP] piled and strapped on top...oh and the inside was filled to the roof as well. No lie, the stuff on top was as high as the van itself. Probably a good 9 to 10 feet from the street to the top of the pile. I have no idea how it was staying in place. I really wish I could have gotten a picture because words couldn't possible do it justice.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-04-2021, 09:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So I'm on the way to breakfast and this old Dodge Caravan pulls up next to me at the light.  I looked over and I couldn't believe all of the [BLEEP] piled and strapped on top...oh and the inside was filled to the roof as well.  No lie, the stuff on top was as high as the van itself.  Probably a good 9 to 10 feet from the street to the top of the pile.  I have no idea how it was staying in place.  I really wish I could have gotten a picture because words couldn't possible do it justice.

That was you next to me???

Hey, the bank messed up my rent check and I got evicted.  Can I crash at your place for a few days?  I've got my own stuff.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: startrek.jpg]

Behind the scenes at a classic TV Show.........

[Image: drunkpeople.jpg]

I'm sure that more than a few of us need this sign near our houses........ LOL

[Image: 264774015_4936611109691013_8603907038872...e=61B36501]

For all you people that share your bed with your pet.......

^^^^  I completely identify with the first one. Our cat isn't that big but his dead weight can be quite heavy. And when he finds a comfy spot he's not moving.

(12-07-2021, 12:52 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: ^^^^  I completely identify with the first one. Our cat isn't that big but his dead weight can be quite heavy. And when he finds a comfy spot he's not moving.

Yes! My cat weighs 8 pound normally, that heifer feels like 50 pounds when she’s asleep! Wallbash
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

[Image: beermore.jpg]

Don't we all..........

(12-07-2021, 01:21 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 12:52 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: ^^^^  I completely identify with the first one. Our cat isn't that big but his dead weight can be quite heavy. And when he finds a comfy spot he's not moving.

Yes! My cat weighs 8 pound normally, that heifer feels like 50 pounds when she’s asleep! Wallbash

No kidding. Ours is about 11lbs. Imagine it.  Ninja

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 04:11 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was 41 years ago this morning that I heard the news that John Lennon had been gunned down the night before in front of his NYC apartment. I was just getting ready to have breakfast and then go to work. That's when my Mother told me the news about him. I had a box of Cheerios in my hand and my Mother had to grab it from me before I spilled it all over the place. To say I was in total shock is an under statement. Being that I am a BIG TIME Beatles fan and a John Lennon fan well........ How could anyone cut down in cold blood one of the greatest talents/artist of the 20th century? To say that the world lost a very influential figure of the 20th century once again is an under statement. One can only wonder what John could have achieved in his life had he lived.

[Image: bogart.jpg]

After letting my beard grow for a full year, I shaved it all off after the wife and kid went to sleep the other night. My 6 yr old daughter has been super lovey dovey since I did and tells me I’m more handsome without it. Wife don’t like it. I don’t regret shaving it. But I do miss it. I will be growing it back out.

I have found that I’ve been treated differently overall with it. Especially the longer it got. I look younger than my age. I found people took me more seriously and assumed I knew what I was talking about and thought I was older than advertised. Like the beard added not only age but wisdom. Pretty fun social experiment. I do like myself with the beard. Not to say I’ll grow it out for the wrong reasons. Besides, with it I looked pretty [BLEEP] and mean. I did find people veered away and gave me “right of way” while walking to the same place.

The Packers and Bears have been playing the game of football for 100 years. Dang.

[Image: chinesefood.jpg]

Food for thought....... LOL

I joke about it now but, when I worked Auto Salvage, there was a Chinese place a block from the yard that I would eat at at least once a week. The Health Inspector came around one day and shut them down for serving cat meat in the food....... They never opened up again.

This is a borderline trivial annoyance and trivial ode to…

Get a statement in the mail. I owe x amount on this one card. Last I recall I told myself I’d pay x amount and this month I’d pay it off. I try to log in on the iPad and find my thumbprint doesn’t match my thumbprint. Ok. I get past that. Log into CC site. Ready to pay them a few hundred. Ha! Turn out I was drunk enough last month to say [BLEEP] it and paid them off. I’m gonna buy my sister in law another camera on top the ones I initially bought for her security. She’s a good lass. Has nothing, gives everything and asks for nothing. Merry Christmas to you ma’am.

And perhaps paying bills on an iPad is a bad idea. I honestly have know clue. But I do all kinds of things that are stupid or that turn out bad. This past Halloween I went bobbing for testicles and poked myself in the eye with a penis. Should’ve thought that one through.

^^^^ You're so ridiculous. LMBO

It would be rather confusing drunk or not.........

[Image: homedrunk.jpg]

I don't want to say this is good because it's only a thing, but, ya know...

Man killed while trying to steal catalytic converter, deputies say (fox5atlanta.com)