Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-05-2022, 09:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've owned two minivans. For convenience, drivability and comfort, you can't beat a minivan. Especially when you have a large family. That Yukon was great, though. It never ceased to amaze me how much grunt that thing had. In 8 years, it never gave me any problems, except gas expense. That's when gas prices were flirting with five bucks a gallon.

You can't beat a minivan for a vehicle that can do it all.  I once hauled 40 sheets of plywood in the back of a Windstar and the sliding rear doors make access a lot easier with kids or for adults, especially in tight parking spaces.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Both of these probably belongs in the trivial annoyances thread, but whatever.

I get packages delivered somewhat regularly. Why is it every time I’m excited about one it’s always late? Was supposed to get something today and never came. FedEx says “up until 8:00pm. I get it. But y’all are always in here around 1:00pm.

Oh, funny I asked about getting [BLEEP] on by birds a few months back. Guess what happened at work today!

(01-06-2022, 07:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I get packages delivered somewhat regularly.  Why is it every time I’m excited about one it’s always late?  Was supposed to get something today and never came.  FedEx says “up until 8:00pm. I get it.  But y’all are always in here around 1:00pm. 

8 pm isn't so bad.  Take one as soon as they arrive and tell your wife you'll be ready by 9.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-06-2022, 09:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I get packages delivered somewhat regularly.  Why is it every time I’m excited about one it’s always late?  Was supposed to get something today and never came.  FedEx says “up until 8:00pm. I get it.  But y’all are always in here around 1:00pm. 

8 pm isn't so bad.  Take one as soon as they arrive and tell your wife you'll be ready by 9.

Never arrived.  Now showing delayed.  It’s weird how only the packages I’m really wanting never show up on time.  Frustrating to say the least.

(01-06-2022, 12:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 09:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've owned two minivans. For convenience, drivability and comfort, you can't beat a minivan. Especially when you have a large family. That Yukon was great, though. It never ceased to amaze me how much grunt that thing had. In 8 years, it never gave me any problems, except gas expense. That's when gas prices were flirting with five bucks a gallon.

You can't beat a minivan for a vehicle that can do it all.  I once hauled 40 sheets of plywood in the back of a Windstar and the sliding rear doors make access a lot easier with kids or for adults, especially in tight parking spaces.

I had two Ford Aerostars when they first came out (one at a time that is).  I had two young daughters so it was a necessity.  But I had my fair share of 'adventures' in those vans.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-06-2022, 07:09 PM)Jags Wrote: Both of these probably belongs in the trivial annoyances thread, but whatever.

I get packages delivered somewhat regularly.  Why is it every time I’m excited about one it’s always late?  Was supposed to get something today and never came.  FedEx says “up until 8:00pm. I get it.  But y’all are always in here around 1:00pm. 

Oh, funny I asked about getting [BLEEP] on by birds a few months back.  Guess what happened at work today!

a watched pot never boils.

"When your girlfriend says '5 minutes' think five minutes left in the 4th quarter and both teams still have all their timeouts."

LMBO

(01-07-2022, 11:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:09 PM)Jags Wrote: Both of these probably belongs in the trivial annoyances thread, but whatever.

I get packages delivered somewhat regularly.  Why is it every time I’m excited about one it’s always late?  Was supposed to get something today and never came.  FedEx says “up until 8:00pm. I get it.  But y’all are always in here around 1:00pm. 

Oh, funny I asked about getting [BLEEP] on by birds a few months back.  Guess what happened at work today!

a watched pot never boils.
The pot isn’t going to boil today either. So it’ll be 2 days late at best.

How in the hell dis I ever survive up north? It’s 54 degrees outside 71% humidity according to my weather station. I’ve got a hoodie on, a fire in the fire pit and the grill going and am shivering. Good gosh!

(01-07-2022, 07:06 PM)Jags Wrote: How in the hell dis I ever survive up north?  It’s 54 degrees outside 71% humidity according to my weather station.  I’ve got a hoodie on, a fire in the fire pit and the grill going and am shivering.  Good gosh!

Well.... It's 23F here in Maryland right now, says it feels like 15F and we have 51% humidty so....... Quit your [BLEEP]!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-07-2022, 08:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 07:06 PM)Jags Wrote: How in the hell dis I ever survive up north?  It’s 54 degrees outside 71% humidity according to my weather station.  I’ve got a hoodie on, a fire in the fire pit and the grill going and am shivering.  Good gosh!

Well.... It's 23F here in Maryland right now, says it feels like 15F and we have 51% humidty so....... Quit your [BLEEP]!
I’m sorry for your misfortunes good sir.  

I’m more so questioning why in the hell am I shivering in 54 degree weather???  Makes no sense.

Let's see..... at 7:00 this morning, it was a very brisk 19F outside........ here it is 2 hours later and we're under a heat wave..... a very warm 21F outside...... 2 degrees in 2 hours.... wow!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-07-2022, 12:33 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: "When your girlfriend says '5 minutes' think five minutes left in the 4th quarter and both teams still have all their timeouts."

LMBO

My friend has a phrase when his wife is ready to go.

"Does that mean girl ready or guy ready?"

Hey, Marty, I don't know why I ever thought about this, but did you ever look into upgrading your sound system?

[Image: forsale.jpg]

^^^ That's a good story. As someone who had to scrape the grime from between linoleum tiles with a bobby pin in boot camp as an "exercise in discipline," I can understand that frustration level. That was just one of the ways they taught us discipline but it sucked especially hard if you lived on the ground floor of the barracks because under those tiles was a concrete foundation. That floor was so cold in the winter (in Missouri) and went right through the BDUs to your bones. The only way to warm up was a hot shower or PT and the drills always chose PT.

I really wish I had the computer nerd smarts. Finally fixed a double NAT on my Xbox. Have a moderate NAT now and done everything under the sun to fix that. Static ip, forwarded the ports. Put one router in bridge mode. DMZ+, uPnP you name it. Half that [BLEEP] is over my head. Had it working with OPEN NAT until my second router crapped out on me. Replaced it with the same thing and can’t figure it out.

It’s like chinese to me trying to figure out how to get it fixed. Proud of myself for going from double to moderate though.

Why is Mary Baer presenting the 10:00 news from her living room? They're taking this work from home too far.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 09:58 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Man, what a [BLEEP] way to start the day.  Woke up to a phone call from best friend in Jax.  Another good friend of mine had a stroke or heart attack at the bowling alley last night.  Still unresponsive this morning.  Prognosis is not good.  Pretty crappy phone call to wake up to.

And NYC, if you read this, it's Joe.

(01-12-2022, 09:53 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Man, what a [BLEEP] way to start the day.  Woke up to a phone call from best friend in Jax.  Another good friend of mine had a stroke or heart attack at the bowling alley last night.  Still unresponsive this morning.  Prognosis is not good.  Pretty crappy phone call to wake up to.

And NYC, if you read this, it's Joe.

Sorry to hear that Rico, those kind of phone calls are always hard to swallow. I know I can't say anything to make it any easier but I hope he'll be OK in the long run