Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

One of my coworkers commuted from Palm Coast to Jacksonville for 15 years. Then he got a job at SpaceX. Now he commutes in the other direction.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2022, 07:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of my coworkers commuted from Palm Coast to Jacksonville for 15 years. Then he got a job at SpaceX. Now he commutes in the other direction.

If/when I move, I won't be commuting anywhere. Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 01:14 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-12-2022, 09:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 07:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of my coworkers commuted from Palm Coast to Jacksonville for 15 years. Then he got a job at SpaceX. Now he commutes in the other direction.

If/when I move, I won't be commuting anywhere. Smile

I seriously doubt the golf courses will come to you.

I’m getting to the age when I have to start thinking about that time. Two years ago I couldn’t fathom retirement. Working from has home changed my perspective because I was always in an out-the-door-in-the-morning mindset. The idea of being home all day everyday was absolutely foreign to me. Not anymore.

(02-12-2022, 01:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 09:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If/when I move, I won't be commuting anywhere. Smile

I seriously doubt the golf courses will come to you.

I’m getting to the age when I have to start thinking about that time. Two years ago I couldn’t fathom retirement. Working from has home changed my perspective because I was always in an out-the-door-in-the-morning mindset. The idea of being home all day everyday was absolutely foreign to me. Not anymore.

You do know there are good golf courses in Palm Coast?

This weather is really odd out here.  It was 79 on Friday, high of 38 yesterday, and back up to 70 today.  I have learned that where the weather is influenced in large part in FL by the Atlantic and the Gulf, it is influenced in large part here by whether the winds are coming off of the Rockies.

This is utilizing my finely honed meteorological skills.

(02-13-2022, 09:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: This weather is really odd out here.  It was 79 on Friday, high of 38 yesterday, and back up to 70 today.  I have learned that where the weather is influenced in large part in FL by the Atlantic and the Gulf, it is influenced in large part here by whether the winds are coming off of the Rockies.

All you need is a green screen and some sweeping arm movements. More at 11:00.

(02-13-2022, 09:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 09:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: This weather is really odd out here.  It was 79 on Friday, high of 38 yesterday, and back up to 70 today.  I have learned that where the weather is influenced in large part in FL by the Atlantic and the Gulf, it is influenced in large part here by whether the winds are coming off of the Rockies.

All you need is a green screen and some sweeping arm movements. More at 11:00.

I think he's at somewhat of a disadvantage.

[Image: 2f443bafc1a1f230d7bb26713e7164d0.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 10:06 AM by homebiscuit.)

These are funny. Russians  Rolleyes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/regional-mma-...03621.html

(02-13-2022, 09:53 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 09:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: All you need is a green screen and some sweeping arm movements. More at 11:00.

I think he's at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Warm front moving in!

My wife had to get the plants out of the garage since it appears the bitter cold is over.  I figured I'd clean up and reorganize.  I'm not sure where all this room came from?  I didn't throw anything out.  I could almost use the third bay in the garage for a CAR. 

It's kinda scary.

(02-13-2022, 10:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: These are funny. Russians  Rolleyes

(02-13-2022, 09:53 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I think he's at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Warm front moving in!

Heat wave!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-14-2022, 12:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 10:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: These are funny. Russians  Rolleyes

Warm front moving in!

Heat wave!

I'm seeing some high pressure over the lower regions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Y’all calm down before you have a micro burst.

Not that I’d blame ya.

It never ceases to amaze me the cost of some amateur astrophotography equipment. I saw a $100,000 solar telescope this morning. This eclipses it (pun deliciously intended).

https://telescopes.net/fli-teledyne-e2v-...utter.html

(02-15-2022, 02:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me the cost of some amateur astrophotography equipment. I saw a $100,000 solar telescope this morning. This eclipses it (pun deliciously intended).

Hey man, I saw a freight train and jumped aboard.  I thought it was a load of Nikes. We dumped the cargo on the side of the tracks.  Turns out it was nerd stuff. Take it or leave it bruh.

(02-15-2022, 11:01 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 02:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me the cost of some amateur astrophotography equipment. I saw a $100,000 solar telescope this morning. This eclipses it (pun deliciously intended).

Hey man, I saw a freight train and jumped aboard.  I thought it was a load of Nikes. We dumped the cargo on the side of the tracks.  Turns out it was nerd stuff. Take it or leave it bruh.

Oh, well in that case, 50 bucks?

(02-16-2022, 06:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 11:01 PM)Jags Wrote: Hey man, I saw a freight train and jumped aboard.  I thought it was a load of Nikes. We dumped the cargo on the side of the tracks.  Turns out it was nerd stuff. Take it or leave it bruh.

Oh, well in that case, 50 bucks?

Make it 53.00   You don’t understand the risk involved.  I could’ve been picked up by the authorities or fell off and had a leg inadvertently amputated by the train.  Then how would I provide for my family and drug addiction?

Getting ready to head to DC to catch the Amtrak down to Jacksonville. Was there a few weeks ago and had a ton of fun so I decided to head back down. If the Amtrak runs on time, I'll be in Jax at approx 7:06AM Friday.......Message me if you want to meet up somewhere. ALways great to meet other Jaguar Fans.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Walked in to the Hotel restuarant and I have no idea what they had going on in the kitchen but...... It brought on one hell of a flashback....... One where my Grandmother used to make home made pepper relish. You always knew when she had a batch going, your eyes would start burning a 1/2 block from her house. Those were the days back in my youth, I'll always cherish those memories.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

This is a video showing real time telemetry and multiple loop audio which demonstrates everything that was happening as Apollo 11 was executing its descent and landing maneuvers. We always get the edited version on TV. In fact, Mission Control was busier than a one-legged man in... you get it. 

I realize no one is interested but me. TOO BAD. You're getting it anyway. Enjoy...or not. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc1SzgGhMKc

That was really cool! Thanks for posting.