Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(03-20-2022, 12:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 03:53 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Scars, baby!!

Chicks dig scars.. or is that out of style now?

Scars are never out of style.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 08:38 PM by americus 2.0.)

(03-20-2022, 12:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Scars are never out of style.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

I have a few gnarly scars. Do guys dig scars? I'll have to ask my husband if he digs my scars.

What to do what to do........

[Image: beercall.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(03-19-2022, 10:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Well things are finally starting to calm down again in my life.. Got all my stitches and staples out and everything is finally starting to heal. My donor sites are healing up from the skin grafts and my wounds are looking great!! I'm almost literally bathing in lubriderm now from the itching haha, but i'll take it, the wife gives me good scratchins..

thanks for the update, glad to hear things are going well.

all the grafts are your own, right? Thinking it would be weird to have a bunch of donor skin, sunbathing would be a challenge, you'd end up with tans, burns, and everything in between!

Tornado warnings for about five hours. The weathermen are in their glory. Much like beimg back in Jax with an impending hurricane. I find this a little freakier though.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 08:32 PM by WingerDinger.)

(03-21-2022, 10:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 10:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Well things are finally starting to calm down again in my life.. Got all my stitches and staples out and everything is finally starting to heal. My donor sites are healing up from the skin grafts and my wounds are looking great!! I'm almost literally bathing in lubriderm now from the itching haha, but i'll take it, the wife gives me good scratchins..

thanks for the update, glad to hear things are going well.

all the grafts are your own, right? Thinking it would be weird to have a bunch of donor skin, sunbathing would be a challenge, you'd end up with tans, burns, and everything in between!

Thanks man. Yeah they used my own skin for the final grafts.. At first, they used cadaver skin, to make sure the skin was going to take and heal.. so for a while there, I had dead people skin on me haha.. 

I have to keep my donor sites out of the sun for at least 2 years..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-21-2022, 06:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Tornado warnings for about five hours.  The weathermen are in their glory.  Much like beimg back in Jax with an impending hurricane.  I find this a little freakier though.

Incredible drone view of a tornado wreaking havoc in Texas.

https://twitter.com/brianemfinger/status...ek-shelter

(03-21-2022, 06:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Tornado warnings for about five hours.  The weathermen are in their glory.  Much like beimg back in Jax with an impending hurricane.  I find this a little freakier though.

I'll take a hurricane over a tornado any day. Stay safe.

(03-21-2022, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I'll take a hurricane over a tornado any day. Stay safe.

Had a small one less than ten miles west of us.  Fortunately it didn't last long.  The storm front was really crazy looking.  I've never seen clouds moving so fast.  All of the heavy rain blew through in about 15 minutes then it was bright and sunny out.

(03-22-2022, 07:46 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'll take a hurricane over a tornado any day. Stay safe.

Had a small one less than ten miles west of us.  Fortunately it didn't last long.  The storm front was really crazy looking.  I've never seen clouds moving so fast.  All of the heavy rain blew through in about 15 minutes then it was bright and sunny out.

Thankful you were spared! Back in 1996ish I was in a convenience store just off I-10 on Stockton St when a tornado passed right in front of it. It sheared off the canopy over the gas pumps and did some damage to that whole area. I lived just a block or two away and a tree branch fell on the roof of the house I was living in. Trees in yards and blocking streets, loss of power, damaged property. It sucked. 

We never even knew it was coming. All of a sudden the sky looked weird, the air felt really strange and the sound was deafening. We thought the poop had hit the fan. All these years later I can remember the sound and when I looked out the window what I saw didn't make sense.

(03-22-2022, 10:53 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 07:46 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Had a small one less than ten miles west of us.  Fortunately it didn't last long.  The storm front was really crazy looking.  I've never seen clouds moving so fast.  All of the heavy rain blew through in about 15 minutes then it was bright and sunny out.

Thankful you were spared! Back in 1996ish I was in a convenience store just off I-10 on Stockton St when a tornado passed right in front of it. It sheared off the canopy over the gas pumps and did some damage to that whole area. I lived just a block or two away and a tree branch fell on the roof of the house I was living in. Trees in yards and blocking streets, loss of power, damaged property. It sucked. 

We never even knew it was coming. All of a sudden the sky looked weird, the air felt really strange and the sound was deafening. We thought the poop had hit the fan. All these years later I can remember the sound and when I looked out the window what I saw didn't make sense.

I-10 and Stockton must have been an interesting place back in the 90s.

(03-22-2022, 10:53 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 07:46 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Had a small one less than ten miles west of us.  Fortunately it didn't last long.  The storm front was really crazy looking.  I've never seen clouds moving so fast.  All of the heavy rain blew through in about 15 minutes then it was bright and sunny out.

I remember that tornado! It snapped all the pine trees in Riverside park in half and took out a tree in my back yard. Fortunately it didn’t cause any damage to my house. I didn’t even realize it was a tornado at the time, I just thought it was a bad storm and my dumb self was outside trying to get my dogs inside and safe while the damn thing was blowing by!

(03-22-2022, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 10:53 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thankful you were spared! Back in 1996ish I was in a convenience store just off I-10 on Stockton St when a tornado passed right in front of it. It sheared off the canopy over the gas pumps and did some damage to that whole area. I lived just a block or two away and a tree branch fell on the roof of the house I was living in. Trees in yards and blocking streets, loss of power, damaged property. It sucked. 

Yes, it really was!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-22-2022, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 10:53 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thankful you were spared! Back in 1996ish I was in a convenience store just off I-10 on Stockton St when a tornado passed right in front of it. It sheared off the canopy over the gas pumps and did some damage to that whole area. I lived just a block or two away and a tree branch fell on the roof of the house I was living in. Trees in yards and blocking streets, loss of power, damaged property. It sucked. 

Me and Bunnie in Riverside at the same time? Heck yeah it was. Even if we didn't know it. Lol.

(03-22-2022, 12:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I-10 and Stockton must have been an interesting place back in the 90s.

Me and Bunnie in Riverside at the same time? Heck yeah it was. Even if we didn't know it. Lol.

No wonder they had to gentrify that area.  Tongue

(03-22-2022, 12:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I-10 and Stockton must have been an interesting place back in the 90s.

We might have been neighbors!  Banana

(03-22-2022, 12:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 12:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Me and Bunnie in Riverside at the same time? Heck yeah it was. Even if we didn't know it. Lol.

No wonder they had to gentrify that area.  Tongue

They did film an episode of cops a few blocks away from me back then…just sayin!  Ninja

I agree to Hurricane over tornado. Sure a much smaller swath of destruction, but that destruction usually is way worse. I can’t imagine a hurricane that’s capable of winds speeds like a tornado. That would be catastrophic.

Going through the corn fields on the way to practice one afternoon, we witnessed a tornado that hadn’t quite touched down. It just looked “evil”. And the sirens they have that go off is almost equally terrifying.

(03-22-2022, 12:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 12:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Me and Bunnie in Riverside at the same time? Heck yeah it was. Even if we didn't know it. Lol.

We might have been neighbors!  Banana

(03-22-2022, 12:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No wonder they had to gentrify that area.  Tongue

They did film an episode of cops a few blocks away from me back then…just sayin!  Ninja

I saw that episode. You didn’t look guilty at all.  Confused

(03-22-2022, 02:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 12:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We might have been neighbors!  Banana

I saw that episode. You didn’t look guilty at all.  Confused

I tried to represent Jax to the best of my ability!

Gave my two week notice today.

Yay.

Congrats!