Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(03-22-2022, 04:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Gave my two week notice today. 

Yay.

pro strat is to have two weeks of leave built up, drop the notice and take two weeks off with pay

good on ya, best of luck in the next chapter

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2022, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 04:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Gave my two week notice today. 

Yay.

pro strat is to have two weeks of leave built up, drop the notice and take two weeks off with pay

good on ya, best of luck in the next chapter
Until you get the “PTO Request Denied” email.  

I think my wife gets 6 or 8 weeks off now.  Either way, it doesn’t matter.  She can never take the time. And when she does, she’s still bombarded with emails and phone calls. 

Guess it depends on the company

I will be on board the 3:04 Amtrak Silver Star Train #91 out of DC headed for Jacksonville (I Love it down there) I'll get there (If the train runs on time) at approximately 7:10 Thursday Morning. Plan on seeing a few friends and have a little fun!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(03-23-2022, 11:19 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I will be on board the 3:04 Amtrak Silver Star Train #91 out of DC headed for Jacksonville (I Love it down there) I'll get there (If the train runs on time) at approximately 7:10 Thursday Morning. Plan on seeing a few friends and have a little fun!

Have fun! I want to get back down there at some point but I want to go in November/December when there us a home game I can go to in decent weather. Early season games are not my friend.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 12:59 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

If I may ask for a quick poll:

To smile or not to smile for DL, Passport or CCW picture?

(03-24-2022, 12:55 PM)Jags Wrote: If I may ask for a quick poll:

To smile or not to smile for DL picture?

Mine could easily pass for a mugshot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-24-2022, 12:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

To smile or not to smile for DL picture?

Mine could easily pass for a mugshot.

Same here.  That’s how my license looks.  I initially asked for DL.  Because if the main consensus was no, then I definitely wouldn’t smile for a ccw. But I added the other options. Not sure I want to look like a goofy smiling freak or a guy that looks like he shouldn’t be allowed a ccw.

(03-24-2022, 01:02 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 12:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Mine could easily pass for a mugshot.

Same here.  That’s how my license looks.  I initially asked for DL.  Because if the main consensus was no, then I definitely wouldn’t smile for a ccw. But I added the other options. Not sure I want to look like a goofy smiling freak or a guy that looks like he shouldn’t be allowed a ccw.

My first ever FL license after I moved from Philly in 1991 was pretty humorous.  My wife and kids had not moved down because we wanted them to finish school.  So I was living like...well...my wife wouldn't be moving down for six months.  I was really hungover, bloodshot eyes, unshaven, and my hair looked like I had just crawled out of bed...because I pretty much had.  It was quite the attractive photo.

They tell me to put in my partial and take off my hat.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 03:00 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-24-2022, 01:42 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 01:02 PM)Jags Wrote: Same here.  That’s how my license looks.  I initially asked for DL.  Because if the main consensus was no, then I definitely wouldn’t smile for a ccw. But I added the other options. Not sure I want to look like a goofy smiling freak or a guy that looks like he shouldn’t be allowed a ccw.

My first ever FL license after I moved from Philly in 1991 was pretty humorous.  My wife and kids had not moved down because we wanted them to finish school.  So I was living like...well...my wife wouldn't be moving down for six months.  I was really hungover, bloodshot eyes, unshaven, and my hair looked like I had just crawled out of bed...because I pretty much had.  It was quite the attractive photo.

That’s pretty funny.   I think I was 38 when I had to renew my license the last time.  They said I didn’t have to retake my photo but I could if I wanted.   Which seemed odd to me considering I was 30 in that photo.  Not only 30 but I didn’t even remotely look my age.  I was actually stopped by a cop for truancy on my 30th.  I figured I’m almost 40.  Let’s update it.  I too was a bit hungover and my age is starting to catch up to me.  Retaking that photo was a big mistake.  Oh well.

Sit in the waiting area for over an hour at the DMV and you expect me to muster a smile?

I was staring daggers at that agent.

If "Take the bloody photo, I was supposed to be back at work a half hour ago" were a face, that's mine.

(03-24-2022, 03:28 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Sit in the waiting area for over an hour at the DMV and you expect me to muster a smile?

I was staring daggers at that agent.

If "Take the bloody photo, I was supposed to be back at work a half hour ago" were a face, that's mine.

Yeah, 2 years ago when/if I got carded I would proudly pull out my ID.  Now, occasionally when asked, I’m tempted to tell the cashier “eh… on second thought, I don’t want it anymore”.

Headin to CuraLeaf tomorrow to load up for the month!!

Banana Banana Banana
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-24-2022, 10:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Headin to CuraLeaf tomorrow to load up for the month!!

Banana Banana Banana

Ask about Gorilla Glue.  You won't be disappointed.  I...uh...heard.

(03-25-2022, 08:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 10:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Headin to CuraLeaf tomorrow to load up for the month!!

Banana Banana Banana

I'm glad you reminded me.. I'm gonna ask about it cause I'd like to partake lol

Definitely going after strawberry diesels and jet fuel gelatos!!

(03-25-2022, 08:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

Banana Banana Banana

No Gorilla Glue at all.. The Strawberry Diesel is pretty awesome though.

Banana Banana Banana

I don't know what this means but you seem happy so I'm happy for you.  Banana

(03-25-2022, 04:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 08:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Ask about Gorilla Glue.  You won't be disappointed.  I...uh...heard.

No Gorilla Glue at all.. The Strawberry Diesel is pretty awesome though.

I could send some...I mean if I knew where to find it. Big Grin

(03-25-2022, 06:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Banana Banana Banana

I don't know what this means but you seem happy so I'm happy for you.  Banana

Medical marijuana lol

(03-25-2022, 07:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 04:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: No Gorilla Glue at all.. The Strawberry Diesel is pretty awesome though.

I could send some...I mean if I knew where to find it. Big Grin

Seems like CuraLeaf never keeps the same strains available after a while. They seem to get new stuff every month or so, for some reason. Like my Layer Cakes.. No Layer Cake this time.. Substituted that for some Orange Kush Cake, will give it a whirl after the Strawberry Diesel.. 

But the Strawberry Diesel seems to have a very nice draw and is stronger than the Layer Cake.. Doesn't make me cough either.

And yup... As a kite right now haha