Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-18-2022, 09:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now add bacon.

Then batter and deep-fry the whole thing.

Sprinkle in some quaaludes if you wanna go "full Elvis."

Fine dining at the Jacksonville Fairgrounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I played my first free round at the golf course on Sunday.

Free golf is fun, and I can do it as often as I want.   Banana Banana Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-19-2022, 08:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I played my first free round at the golf course on Sunday.

Be honest, did you send a pic to former coworkers at Wells?

Glad this next chapter is turning out to be a good one for ya.

(04-18-2022, 09:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now add bacon.

Then batter and deep-fry the whole thing.

Sprinkle in some quaaludes if you wanna go "full Elvis."

He liked Mayo on there too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-19-2022, 09:03 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 08:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I played my first free round at the golf course on Sunday.

Be honest, did you send a pic to former coworkers at Wells?

Glad this next chapter is turning out to be a good one for ya.

I'm just playing for research for my job.  Yeah, that's it.  Research.

https://youtu.be/6BnEQkI2FT8

(04-19-2022, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://youtu.be/6BnEQkI2FT8

That’s a pretty quick clip and shows (assumably) the lady in question being wheeled off in a wheelchair.  In my dads line of work, he had to investigate train accidents amongst other train/cargo theft.  Occasionally, I was with him while he reviewed cctv.  I’m 99.9% sure I wasn’t supposed to see it.  But the company he worked for had a train moving and a mom and her daughter wanted to cross the tracks.  Mom was holding the daughters hand and saw the train coming and stopped.  Daughter…unfortunately, didn’t stop as fast.  Pink mist later….   Yeah.  It was tough to watch.  Very sad.  This lady is lucky.

I'm in the middle of a Southern Comfort and ginger ale..... Just to take the edge off a little bit. Getting ready to break the lease on my apartment because my bathroom has flooded 3 times in the last 10 days. The unit above me is the damn problem. Each time the fix it crew came to me and assured me that the problem was fixed, well, it wasn't. I'm convince that they wouldn't know their [BLEEP] from a hole in the ground..... Between that, and the damn roach problem they won't take care of, I'm getting really pissed off and a tad stressed out.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

2:15 am and can't sleep. So what am I doing? Sitting in front of my computer scrolling through the message board while eating a chocolate moon pie and drinking a coke... Insomnia sucks but...... might was well make the best of the situation I'm in right now........ LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(04-20-2022, 02:20 AM)The Drifter Wrote: 2:15 am and can't sleep. So what am I doing? Sitting in front of my computer scrolling through the message board while eating a chocolate moon pie and drinking a coke...  Insomnia sucks but...... might was well make the best of the situation I'm in right now........ LOL

I've had way too many nights like this recently, too. Eventually exhaustion takes over and you just sleep....whenever.

Hope it gets better for ya, Drifter

(04-20-2022, 02:20 AM)The Drifter Wrote: 2:15 am and can't sleep. So what am I doing? Sitting in front of my computer scrolling through the message board while eating a chocolate moon pie and drinking a coke...  Insomnia sucks but...... might was well make the best of the situation I'm in right now........ LOL

The huge infusion of sugar and caffeine doesn’t help.

— Dr. Homebiscuit

(04-20-2022, 09:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

The huge infusion of sugar and caffeine doesn’t help.

— Dr. Homebiscuit

That was my first thought as well.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

OK, I need this for my wall behind my bar........

https://beerdeer.co/collections/1-year-a...7gA3omjgjI

(04-19-2022, 09:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I'm in the middle of a Southern Comfort and ginger ale..... Just to take the edge off a little bit. Getting ready to break the lease on my apartment because my bathroom has flooded 3 times in the last 10 days. The unit above me is the damn problem. Each time the fix it crew came to me and assured me that the problem was fixed, well, it wasn't. I'm convince that they wouldn't know their [BLEEP] from a hole in the ground..... Between that, and the damn roach problem they won't take care of, I'm getting really pissed off and a tad stressed out.

Didn't you also have a mold problem? I hope you're able to find a healthier place to live. Your current situation sounds pretty craptastic.

Had my first shift as marshal at the golf course yesterday. It was grueling work.

I'll have to go out and play a free round to calm down.

(04-21-2022, 02:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Had my first shift as marshal at the golf course yesterday.  It was grueling work.

hopefully the next shift is better.
silly golfers should know to offer you a beer.

Bought another mower today. Always exciting and fun. It’s a stander. Owners manual says “always operate the unit with both hands securely on hydraulic levers and balance bar”. Mower has a cup holder…. good thing we don’t follow instructions.

(04-21-2022, 04:20 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 02:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Had my first shift as marshal at the golf course yesterday.  It was grueling work.

hopefully the next shift is better.

Whoosh.   Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 06:00 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2022, 05:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 04:20 PM)Mikey Wrote: hopefully the next shift is better.

Whoosh.   Big Grin

Since he brought up beer, how’s the beer girl, eh?(elbow nudge and wink)

(04-21-2022, 06:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 05:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Whoosh.   Big Grin

Since he brought up beer, how’s the beer girl, eh?(elbow nudge and wink)

OMG!!

Wasn't going to bring that up, but since you asked, Alexis and Haley are hawt, hawt, hawt!  They're the only two I've met.

I mean, if I were to notice something like that....