Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Don't make Drifter mad.. You won't like it when Drifter gets mad.

[Image: maxresdefault-2.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

rule 1 is never answer a telemarketer call, no matter how much they tick you off. If they get an answer, they'll just call that much more. You should be able to refuse an incoming call. Unless I have the number ID'd or expecting a call, it is redirected to voice mail (with no personal greeting) every time. They are then responsible for identifying themselves AND their intent to reach me specifically . A few of the warrantors are dumb enough to leave a message, and for their effort, they are added to the block list.

I've missed calls from the kid's schools because of this policy, but I'm happy to check the messages and call back within minutes.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 02:20 PM by The Drifter. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-09-2022, 01:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Don't make Drifter mad.. You won't like it when Drifter gets mad.

[/url]Very Cute My Friend..... Good thing I have a sense of Humor and Can Take A Joke........

[quote pid="1467079" dateline="1652117115"]

[url=https://ibb.co/FnTCDKf]
[/quote]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(05-09-2022, 02:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 01:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Don't make Drifter mad.. You won't like it when Drifter gets mad.

[/url]Very Cute My Friend..... Good thing I have a sense of Humor and Can Take A Joke........

[quote pid="1467079" dateline="1652117115"]

[url=https://ibb.co/FnTCDKf]

[/quote]

I know your sense of humor.. Mines about the same haha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-09-2022, 01:38 PM)Mikey Wrote: rule 1 is never answer a telemarketer call, no matter how much they tick you off. If they get an answer, they'll just call that much more. You should be able to refuse an incoming call. Unless I have the number ID'd or expecting a call, it is redirected to voice mail (with no personal greeting) every time. They are then responsible for identifying themselves AND their intent to reach me specifically . A few of the warrantors are dumb enough to leave a message, and for their effort, they are added to the block list.

I've missed calls from the kid's schools because of this policy, but I'm happy to check the messages and call back within minutes.

This is my policy as well. By a simple push of the side button most phones now allow for the call to go to background while it rings and reaches voicemail. I get one or two calls day, sometimes none. On the rare occurrence I'll get several a day. T-Mobile does a good job of identifying most of them as "Spam" or "Telemarketer".  A couple of weeks ago, one with a caller ID of Grnd Canyn Univ relentlessly called several times a day for over a week. I couldn't block them because they used a different number every time. They've given up, for now. 

One of my coworkers was ranting about how many spam calls he was getting. I told him to just not answer and they'll leave him alone eventually. No sooner than I had told him this one pops up on his phone. What does he do? Answers it and proceeds to complain to them. I can only do so much.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 06:13 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I’ve got the spam blockers and still don’t answer my phone.  My phone is also the business line.  Kinda weird not answering the business line right?  Not when you’re trying to make money and everyone that calls tries to take it.  I’ve got my rule of thumb when to answer and when not to.  But these people have gotten trickier.  I used to only answer if a full name popped up.  I answered a call one time for a real name only to find an Indian man tried to ask me about my my credit card processing.  I said, sure, I’d be happy to help.  Please give me your name and address so I can get you a quote.  He plays stupid and says he’s inquiring about the merchant services.  I said, Oh! Yes! I’m very interested.  But, I’ll need that name and address to give you a quote on your lawn.  He tells me he isn’t looking for lawn service.  So I added, Also, can I try to sell you on weeding the beds and hedge trimming?  He started laughing,  I did too since he was a good sport.  I politely asked him to remove my number.  It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.  He got tue point and we both had fun.  Haven’t heard from them in a while. 

I used to use the “business line” as an excuse.  Turns out the solicitors are 100% ok to call businesses.  Even if on the do not call list. Maybe I should switch back to a personal plan.

I often try and videocall them if they try and do it via whatsapp

Never works unfortunately

(05-09-2022, 06:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I often try and videocall them if they try and do it via whatsapp

This guy has done that and more. He pretends to be a naive little old lady and keeps them on the line while he breaks into their computers and deletes files while showing it all on screen.  He's also learned how to speak their language and gets them mad as hell. It's hilarious. 

https://youtu.be/rfX8ZlBK0Uo

Idk if y’all have coworkers you don’t care for or not. What I like about my job is that I can answer stupidity however I want. Last week was teacher appreciation week. Wife and I sent child in with whatever the wife bought for the occasion. Last Friday, we drive past a client before getting the trailers hooked up and this client had a few kids and flowers and a bunch of other crap. my wanna be nephew in law made a comment. “Must be her birthday or something “. I said No, it’s teacher appreciation week. He said, so she’s a school teacher? I said “No, but I’m guessing one of her childrens’s teachers may be one.”

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 07:37 PM by StrayaJag. Edited 1 time in total.)

[quote pid="1467110" dateline="1652136775"]
StrayaJag
[/quote]
[quote pid="1467113" dateline="1652139342"]
(05-09-2022, 06:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy has done that and more. He pretends to be a naive little old lady and keeps them on the line while he breaks into their computers and deletes files while showing it all on screen.  He's also learned how to speak their language and gets them mad as hell. It's hilarious. 

Love those types of videos they r priceless

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRMMwpDTs5k
[/quote]

[Image: beerhalf.jpg]

That's good advice if you ask me.........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 12:45 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I shook hands with Kevin Hart yesterday.  It was pretty funny.  He was walking towards me with (probably) his wife, and I pulled an old trick, I said real loud, like I knew him, "KEVIN! HOW YA DOIN' MAN?"
And stuck out my hand.  So we shook hands while he scanned my face, trying to remember who I was. 
That's it.  That's the whole story.  Kind of funny.
He's shooting a movie where I am right now.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 08:41 AM by Mikey.)

(05-09-2022, 06:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got the spam blockers and still don’t answer my phone.  My phone is also the business line.  Kinda weird not answering the business line right?  Not when you’re trying to make money and everyone that calls tries to take it.  I’ve got my rule of thumb when to answer and when not to.  But these people have gotten trickier.  I used to only answer if a full name popped up.  I answered a call one time for a real name only to find an Indian man tried to ask me about my my credit card processing.  I said, sure, I’d be happy to help.  Please give me your name and address so I can get you a quote.  He plays stupid and says he’s inquiring about the merchant services.  I said, Oh! Yes! I’m very interested.  But, I’ll need that name and address to give you a quote on your lawn.  He tells me he isn’t looking for lawn service.  So I added, Also, can I try to sell you on weeding the beds and hedge trimming?  He started laughing,  I did too since he was a good sport.  I politely asked him to remove my number.  It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.  He got tue point and we both had fun.  Haven’t heard from them in a while. 

I used to use the “business line” as an excuse.  Turns out the solicitors are 100% ok to call businesses.  Even if on the do not call list. Maybe I should switch back to a personal plan.

I could understand not answering the phone if you're on a mower, in fact that's a great VM message, "Can't come to the phone, mowin'."

(05-09-2022, 06:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 06:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I often try and videocall them if they try and do it via whatsapp

This guy has done that and more. He pretends to be a naive little old lady and keeps them on the line while he breaks into their computers and deletes files while showing it all on screen.  He's also learned how to speak their language and gets them mad as hell. It's hilarious. 

I watched a few of those and soon realized it's basically the same song and dance I get stuck doing when on the phone with customer service....except I'm the one asking the question and they are the ones giving the nebulous answers.

I still don't understand how people can fall for those types of scams.

(05-10-2022, 12:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I shook hands with Kevin Hart yesterday.  It was pretty funny.  He was walking towards me with (probably) his wife, and I pulled an old trick, I said real loud, like I knew him, "KEVIN! HOW YA DOIN' MAN?"
And stuck out my hand.  So we shook hands while he scanned my face, trying to remember who I was. 
That's it.  That's the whole story.  Kind of funny.
He's shooting a movie where I am right now.

@Joke's on you, it was his stunt double.@

(that would be my luck, in reality.)

(05-10-2022, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 06:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got the spam blockers and still don’t answer my phone.  My phone is also the business line.  Kinda weird not answering the business line right?  Not when you’re trying to make money and everyone that calls tries to take it.  I’ve got my rule of thumb when to answer and when not to.  But these people have gotten trickier.  I used to only answer if a full name popped up.  I answered a call one time for a real name only to find an Indian man tried to ask me about my my credit card processing.  I said, sure, I’d be happy to help.  Please give me your name and address so I can get you a quote.  He plays stupid and says he’s inquiring about the merchant services.  I said, Oh! Yes! I’m very interested.  But, I’ll need that name and address to give you a quote on your lawn.  He tells me he isn’t looking for lawn service.  So I added, Also, can I try to sell you on weeding the beds and hedge trimming?  He started laughing,  I did too since he was a good sport.  I politely asked him to remove my number.  It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.  He got tue point and we both had fun.  Haven’t heard from them in a while. 

I could understand not answering the phone if you're on a mower, in fact that's a great VM message, "Can't come to the phone, mowin'."

(05-09-2022, 06:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy has done that and more. He pretends to be a naive little old lady and keeps them on the line while he breaks into their computers and deletes files while showing it all on screen.  He's also learned how to speak their language and gets them mad as hell. It's hilarious. 

I watched a few of those and soon realized it's basically the same song and dance I get stuck doing when on the phone with customer service....except I'm the one asking the question and they are the ones giving the nebulous answers.

I still don't understand how people can fall for those types of scams.

Phone is being stupid, sorry to quote the whole thing. 

But I’ve actually answered one time when I knew it was a solicitor.  However, I never turned the mower off.  I knew they wouldn’t hear me if I “answered” ( said hello, or whatever). I let it ride.  About 1:30 into it, my music started playing again.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 01:42 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

OK, so I got a little bored tonight and decided to see what Amazon Prime Video was offing...... SO I started scrolling down through the list and I mostly saw the same [BLEEP] that's been on there for a while...... well.... I got about 3/4's down the list and saw a film I haven't seen since Febraury 9th, 1985. A film that is a true work of art, a film that challanged every societal norm that ever was. A film that used every sterotype that there ever was and the producers didn't give a rat's [BLEEP] who they offended. A film that had to be the most un-politically Correct film that was ever produced, but on the flip side of the coin, a film that was a commentary on the events and views at the time. That film, Fritz the Cat..... Why Do I rmember that date you ask? Simple..... I was hanging out with my buddy Lee and we dicided to rent a few VSH Tapes and grab a few brews...... So we went back to his house, went in to the basement and fired up the TV and VCR...... About 1/2 way through the film, the phone rings..... Lee answered it and it was my Mom trying to track me down. Well, I get on the phone and she informs me that I was now a father, that my daughter Heather was born that afternoon. Well, me being about 1/2 drunk and a tad high by then, all I could muster up was a WOW! Ended up sleeping on Lee's basement floor that night but then went directly to the Hospital early the next morning and met my Daughter for the first time. I still remember that day and how it felt...... The Nurse was in the room at the time and I turned to her and ask her do thesse things come with an owners manual? She said no, and we all had a good laugh.........

Off to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning for five nights and five rounds of golf.  I'll be seeing some really good friends, some that I haven't seen in many years and we'll be pretending we're 35 again.  If I don't survive, it was nice knowing everybody.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-12-2022, 10:01 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Off to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning for five nights and five rounds of golf.  I'll be seeing some really good friends, some that I haven't seen in many years and we'll be pretending we're 35 again.  If I don't survive, it was nice knowing everybody.

Good luck, and don't forget to hydrate!

When you want to do violence on the TV in the waiting room. Any waiting room. Why does everywhere you go anymore have televisions and radios blaring? No one is even paying attention.

It does remind me of when I was seeing a shrink in Jacksonville back 20 years ago. He had a tiny little TV in the waiting room that had rabbit ears and he had it tuned to soap operas or daytime talk shows. The picture was super fuzzy. I kept thinking some of those talk shows maybe weren't what should be on in a waiting room full of people who were anxious, depressed, had OCD, bipolar, schizophrenic, etc. Lol.

(05-12-2022, 12:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When you want to do violence on the TV in the waiting room. Any waiting room. Why does everywhere you go anymore have televisions and radios blaring? No one is even paying attention.

It does remind me of when I was seeing a shrink in Jacksonville back 20 years ago. He had a tiny little TV in the waiting room that had rabbit ears and he had it tuned to soap operas or daytime talk shows. The picture was super fuzzy. I kept thinking some of those talk shows maybe weren't what should be on in a waiting room full of people who were anxious, depressed, had OCD, bipolar, schizophrenic, etc. Lol.

I've experienced this desire, but it's typically during a Jaguars game.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.